Steve Ballmer attacks Android
  • [video=youtube;MTX1e-pMN6E]

Steve Balmer talked negativily recently about android phones.
    so what do you think of it?

M$ always was and is against anything that uses the OpenGL license
    (Linux and such)
    and see it as threat to their bussiness model
  • It is a laughably stupid statement. Android has like 50% of the global smartphone market. Windows phones represent one or two percent. This is like the CEO of RC cola saying that Coke is alright, but Pepsi is goat piss. You are not even in the conversation and you act like you own the place. Typical Microsoft arrogance, it is the number one threat to Microsoft.
  • Of course he will attack Android, he is afraid of the future. just look-he works for MICRO$$$OFT(see?)
  • If he thinks it takes a computer scientist to run an Android phone, he's in the wrong line of work. Android phones are very easy to work with/learn.
  • Ballmer has always been a bit of an arrogant jerk. He thinks Open Source is trash and used to rant about Apple all the time. He reminds me a bit of a much meaner and nastier Dick Vitale.
  • Developers developers developers developers. :D

I'm sorry, I had to say it.
  • "it very hard to be excited, for me, for the Android phones" Hmm, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that there're dominating your company in the smartphone market? If I were in your position, I wouldn't be excited either.
  • i am not sure what you mean by that, i always have been pro open GL my company has nothing to do with it
  • Pleeeeeeease stooooooooooooooop. He just cannot pull off arrogant humor. The host rolled a DC 2 Charisma check, and even with his khakis of +37 Charisma, he rolled a -17000.

My sister has an android, and our favorite joke is to piss off family members by saying cheesus instead of jesus. Pretty pretty pretty sure this is causation, not correlation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week