Blog Writing Prompt!
  • There are a lot of great blogs here on Noobtoob and to help future great blogs start I'm going to be posting a writing prompt every month. To participate simply tag your blog post OCTPrompt .

Great , insightful, funny, or imaginative posts will be promoted on the main page and their authors adored for eons...or until the next month's prompt.

April PROPMT
    April Showers, Bring May Flowers, that's a saying in the western world. It usually means that you have to go through something unpleasent to reap positive benifits. April is also the time were a lot of Americans do "Spring" Cleaning to prepare their homes and lives for Summer. So what time in your life have you endored the rain and stuck it out to get the sweet reward? Are there times when you feel the need to start fresh in preperation for something better or speacial?

MARCH PROMPT
    Today March 8th, is International Women's Day. While video games are usually looked at as misogynistic ( usually by those that never bothered to play them) have you ever played a game that either spoke to you as a woman or as a man made you emphasize with woman in a new or eye opening way? What type of experience was it? If you've never had this experience do you think one is possible? In what situation?

February Prompt
    We all love playing games, and even though people still want to argue if they as a whole are art there's no denying that one of most important components to the whole most certainly is. MUSIC. We All have music that seem personal to us, stirs emotion and of course conjure memories good and bad. So this month take a song that resounds with you and free write to it. Does it tell a story? Who are the characters? Why is this YOUR song? or you can analyze it or re imagine it.

December's Prompt:

Our entire sense of self is based on a million little choices and a few grand ones. You can change one choice you made, imagine how it changes you. Have your current self have a conversation with the potential you that never happened.

[QUOTE]November's Writing Prompt!
    [video=youtube;tYFHAvULvJ0]

Have you ever felt like you've tasted greatness? Have you ever achieved what you thought was unachievable? What was your moment? Was it game related?
    [/QUOTE]

October's Writing prompt!

October for many people is 30 days of waiting and Halloween. One of the best parts of October is that everyone gets to embrace their inner creeper and revel in all things gore and terrifying. For some its monsters, creatures and mutilated people for others scares have to come from a more subtle psychological place. So what scares you and what games have scared you? How do you think the next generation of games will scare us?
    To start off September Prompt:

For many countries September is the time when children head back to school, but of course school isn't the only place we learn from some of life's most important lessons can be learned with a controller in your hand. What are some important life lessons that you learned through games?
  • Done & done. And hey; it even helped me to finally come up with a blog title :D
  • This is a great idea. Hell, I probably try to participate.
  • Posted!

Weird, I haven't given advice or wisdom in a long time. It feels funny. Unnatural. Hmm....
  • Zanmatsuken said:
    This is a great idea. Hell, I probably try to participate.

Go for it! :D

I may also write something too when I have the time, video games did ALOT to help me out so I want to share that with you guys.
  • Cool! I have already kinda done a blog post about this ages ago, but I may have to do a part 2 for this month, let me get my thinking cap on now
  • We had some great posts so far!
  • Indeed, maybe we can make this weekly? I blog every day now, but I especially enjoy talking about games. I'd like to see more topics.
  • Slixshot said:
    Indeed, maybe we can make this weekly? I blog every day now, but I especially enjoy talking about games. I'd like to see more topics.

Hmm I don't want to burn out video game related topics. But perhaps I can have one game related topic a month and then just post weekly anything goes writing prompts.
  • any news on the november topic?
  • Yes! I actually thought I put it up on the 7th! my apologies!
  • How about the rise and fall of noobtoob? :p
  • Noobtoob is what we all make it
  • BlasianBytch said:
    Noobtoob is what we all make it

Agreed BB

He or she that does nothing can expect exactly that. You want to see good content? Put your money where your mouth is and make some.
  • I can't believe moi had forgotten the prompts! I have updated my blog and smacked myself as punishment.
  • Dec blog prompt has real potential for some interesting stories. I really want to hear Sunflower's conversation with his other self, and because of that I would love to see this subject trawl into January :D
  • tallchick said:
    Dec blog prompt has real potential for some interesting stories. I really want to hear Sunflower's conversation with his other self, and because of that I would love to see this subject trawl into January :D

I ended up writing a screenplay >_< now I have to type it so I can post it here. I have to starting typing all my blog prompts instead of hand writing them in my journal first... that one extra step is killing me time wise.
  • BlasianBytch said:
    I ended up writing a screenplay >_< now I have to type it so I can post it here. I have to starting typing all my blog prompts instead of hand writing them in my journal first... that one extra step is killing me time wise.

Dude, I know what you mean. I type in word then copy & paste
  • finally wrote up my big ass post haha. now to get it on my blog!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week