Famitsu announces two new Persona games!
  • Earlier today Famitsu announced Persona 4: The Golden for Vita and Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena.

Persona 4: The Golden.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters!
    It will also utilize the Vita’s online capabilities. You’ll be able to call for help if you’re having a hard time in the game’s dungeons.

Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena.

It's being developed by the team behind Arc's BlazBlue fighting series though Shoji Meguro will be composing music for the game and Katsura Hashino will be directing. The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two years after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game. The game is set to come out for arcades in spring 2012 and summer 2012 for PS3 and Xbox 360
    Characters that are confirmed to be playable are Yosuke, Chie, Yu (the main character) and Aigis.

Ps. The fighting tournament is apparently being hosted by none other than everybody's favorite: Teddie.

I am super excited about the enhanced Persona 4 on Vita, a bit less so by the fighting game : )
  • P4P? Why?! The game was a masterpiece, but it didn't need a remake. :( Can't we have a new Persona game instead? :(

Curious about what the fighting game will be like... cautiously optimistic.
  • valius said:
    P4P? Why?! The game was a masterpiece, but it didn't need a remake. :( Can't we have a new Persona game instead? :(

Curious about what the fighting game will be like... cautiously optimistic.

Well...About that new Persona game...

"Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer."

There, happy? :3
  • Don't really care about either. Fighting games bore me to death and I've already played Persona 4. Playing it again as a portable game holds no appeal for me. If they had said Persona 4 would be released as a HD remake for PS3 I would care a lot more.
  • HOLY CRAP I'M TOTALLY BUYING BOTH OF THESE AND I'M GETTING PERSONA 2 IN 3 WEEKS! :D
  • Hmm... a Persona game was scheduled for 3DS. I wonder what game that will be, now that Vita is receiving P4?

Also, yeah, I saw that piece of info... it's not much to go by, though I guess it's nice that they're working on it... but why devote resources to bringing an old game to Vita? Oh well... I guess it's the same reason that brought us Devil Survivor Overclocked (which I do have because I never had the original DS one).
  • valius said:
    but why devote resources to bringing an old game to Vita?

Because I bet Sony paid them a good bunch of cash for putting games on Vita that people want ; )
  • Im actually pumped for this. Persona 4 ultimate sounds pretty good in my opinion.
    Its an instant buy no matter what others say.

EDIT: Oh sh--, persona 4 golden will have online. Calling people for help should be helpful.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Don't really care about either. Fighting games bore me to death and I've already played Persona 4. Playing it again as a portable game holds no appeal for me. If they had said Persona 4 would be released as a HD remake for PS3 I would care a lot more.

Like you, I would not be interested in a Persona fighting game. It's not why I enjoy the series.

I'm going to be much more interested in Golden. You're right that an HD rerelease would be really great, but I'm still excited about all the new content. Seems to be much more than P3P added.
  • This sounds horrible. Way to milk it to death at the beginning. Ugh.
  • I feel like there is going to be an HD release in the future for P3 and P4 in the future.. (Crosses fingers)
  • So P3 get a remake P3P, and now they're planning on releasing P4P a remake of P4, right? I don't care much about fighting games in the first place so, that's scratched off my list.

So, I've never played a Persona game before actually (I know lame, get over it), but now I see that I have a multiple of choices. As you guys have already played them, would you please recommend which versions I should get? Persona 3, go for the PS2, or head to the PSP? Persona 4, wait for the new one, or just play the original? I'm ok with any version, so the hardware won't be a problem. Thanks in advance. : )

SpaceOfSoul said:
    I feel like there is going to be an HD release in the future for P3 and P4 in the future.. (Crosses fingers)

*Crosses fingers alongside Space*
  • Darkkeychain said:
    So P3 get a remake P3P, and now they're planning on releasing P4P a remake of P4, right? I don't care much about fighting games in the first place so, that's scratched off my list.

So, I've never played a Persona game before actually (I know lame, get over it), but now I see that I have a multiple of choices. As you guys have already played them, would you please recommend which versions I should get? Persona 3, go for the PS2, or head to the PSP? Persona 4, wait for the new one, or just play the original? I'm ok with any version, so the hardware won't be a problem. Thanks in advance. : )

Just buy them both on PS2. They're dirt ass cheap and worth it.
  • Sunflower said:

Unless you live on a rowboat I don't understand why anyone would seriously consider buying the portable versions over something you can play on a TV.
  • Great, a reason to get a Vita.
    Also WTF a fighting game!? I guess I'll get that.
    But still Persona 5 is real! Yay.
  • Sunflower said:

Dr Flibble said:
    Unless you live on a rowboat I don't understand why anyone would seriously consider buying the portable versions over something you can play on a TV.

Alright, ok, I'll get on the PS2, that is IF I ever find it here, huh... Thanks guys. : )
  • Darkkeychain said:
    Alright, ok, I'll get on the PS2, that is IF I ever find it here, huh... Thanks guys. : )

Just use Amazon. Got mine pretty cheap.
  • Never played P4, and while I could get this on PS2, I'm going to get it on Vita. They will add a bunch of new things to the game, plus Vita has trophy support so this will hopefully have Trophy's.

As for the fighting game, don't care. The last fighting game I got was MvC3, which got about a month of play out of me, and that's it. Just don't care about fighting games all that much.
  • Definitely interested in the Persona fighting game... but I don't want to play it. More along the lines of I'm curious what peoples special attacks and "ultras" will be. Will Chie kick tanks at people? Will the two protagonists summon Persona like Satan to tear apart their opponent? Could be a game that's more fun to watch then to play.
  • Milking the series? It's just one remake, guys. It's not like Disgaea 1 or a Final Fantasy. I'm really excited for P4 The Golden, I could imagine having a sort of Demon's Souls element in the dungeon crawling would be cool if that's what they implement, also trophies.

And the fighting game sounds...interesting. Everybody can finally settle the debate of Minato vs Souji(or Yuu)!
  • I think part of the reason people think that Atlus is milking the franchise is because this means that the entire series will have been re-released within a two-year period.
  • http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/persona-4-the-golden-was-originally-planned-for-psp/ No female MC for this port, so I guess the game is pretty much the same story-wise.

The fighting game looks pretty interesting: image
  • FirLocke said:
    Milking the series? It's just one remake, guys.

There's been a few, my friend. I mean, on one hand I don't blame them. It's good business, and their particular fanbase is the type who doesn't care if they get shafted, because it's some kind of fucked-up nerd cred system, so I don't blame them, but I also enjoy it when companies respect and take care of their series.
  • Sunflower said:
    There's been a few, my friend. I mean, on one hand I don't blame them. It's good business, and their particular fanbase is the type who doesn't care if they get shafted, because it's some kind of fucked-up nerd cred system, so I don't blame them, but I also enjoy it when companies respect and take care of their series.

I think we're more tolerant of all the remakes than other fanbases would be because we know Atlus doesn't make a lot of money.
  • Screenshots of both:

• Oh wow both games look solid. 2012 is going to be an interesting year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week