Downtown Seattle, WA
    PAX Official Web Site

Official NoobToob Schedule for PAX![/CENTER]

[CENTER]
    When: Thursday, August 25 - Noon
    Where: Seattle Center
    What: Excursion at Seattle Center

[/CENTER]

We would like to try something new for this year's PAX invasion. One thing we've heard in the past is, as a group we don't really have the chance to explore Seattle or see any of the attractions it has to offer. So we would like to lead an excursion to the Seattle Center (view map) on Thursday afternoon.

[hide="Details"]
    • Noon - Meet as a group on the top floor of the Westlake Center (the mall)
    • 12:10 p.m. - Ride the Monorail to the Seattle Center (cost: $4 roundtrip; travel time: 2 minutes)
    • 12:15 p.m. - Arrive at Seattle Center; Eat lunch
    • 1:30 p.m. - Visit the EMP (Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum) to see Battlestar Galatica The Exhibition, Avatar: The Exhibition and more exhibits (cost: $18); Visit Space Needle (cost: $18 to go up to the deck) and other attractions
    • 5 p.m. - Meet back at the Monorail
    • 5:10 p.m. - Return to Westlake Center; Refreshen up before Meet n Greet at 8 p.m

[CENTER]Times are subject to change. Check Twitter for the latest.
    [/CENTER]

The Seattle Center has numerous attractions so some members may wish to visit something other than the EMP and that is fine. Visit the Seattle Center website to learn more. The Monorail does run every 10 minutes so you can join us late or return to your hotel early as desired.[/hide]
    [hide="Who's Coming?"]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]wtrswoopes
    [*]Dr Gumaer
    [*]Gameshark
    [*]Fuzzy?
    [*]Locke
    [*]hp1703?
    [/LIST]
    [/hide]
    [CENTER]

When: Thursday, August 25 - 8PM

Where: Rock Bottom Restaurant Brewery
    What: Thursday Meet n Greet!
    [/CENTER]

Nervous about coming to PAX for the first time? Don't know many people? Well, after a long flight why don't you come down to the Rock Bottom Brewery and break the ice with fellow NoobToobers. Located on 5th Avenue and University St, it's the perfect place to wind down and relax with good food and good friends. The reservations will more than likely be made under NoobToob so stop on by and witness a bj or two.

The reservation is made under Crystal Ward (or NoobToob). PLEASE BRING CASH!

[CENTER]Let us know you are coming!

[hide="Who's Coming?"]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Kaidfather
    [*]wtrswoopes
    [*]Dr Gumaer
    [*]Locke
    [*]Dracomaster01
    [*]Gameshark
    [*]Fuzzy
    [*]Gilligan
    [*]Crossplay
    [*]Jact01
    [*]Jact01's friend
    [*]Roscoe
    [*]Gravehound
    [*]Veri7as
    [*]Ar7emis
    [*]HP1703
    [*]Zocano
    [*]Cowlauncher
    [*]Senor Mathias
    [*]Senor Mathias' Friend
    [*]thebgbb
    [*]Maraakus
    [*]Maraakus' Friend
    [/LIST]
    [/hide]
    [CENTER]

When: Friday, August 26

[/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Where: PAX
    What: Plan Your Own Fun
    [/CENTER]

A group of us will be attending the Assassin's Creed demo followed by the GiantBomb live show. You are welcomed to join us or do your own thing. We will post updates on the NoobToob Twitter account throughout the evening.

Post below your plans so members wishing to the attend the same panels/events can pair up and go together if desired.

[hide="Who's Doing What?"]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]wtrswoopes (Assassin's Creed | GiantBomb)
    [*]Kaidfathr (GiantBomb)
    [*]Veri7as (GiantBomb)
    [*]Ar7emis (GiantBomb)
    [*]Dracomaster (GiantBomb)
    [*]Dr Gumaer (Bar)
    [*]Gameshark (Assassin's Creed | D&D)
    [*]gilligan (GiantBomb)
    [*]Locke (GiantBomb)
    [*]hp1703 (GiantBomb)
    [/LIST]
    [/hide]

[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]

When: Saturday, August 27 - 8PM
    Where: Console Free Play Room
    What: NoobToob Night (formerly KickleFest)
    [/CENTER]

This *is* the event to come to. If you can only make it for one day this PAX, make sure it is this one. NoobToob is taking over the Retro Gaming Room for a fourth year in a row. Note: Pizza will not be provided this year so bring your own food and drink if desired.

8:00PM - Gather in the Retro Gaming Room
    8:15PM - Game Swap
    8:45PM - Group Photo
    9:00PM - Mortal Kombat Tournament (live stream subject to Internet availability)
    , high-score challenges and many more games!

[hide="Game Swap Details"]Share your gaming likes with a fellow NoobToob member. To participate, bring with you a current generation console game ($20 max limit). Games can be used, but should be in working condition.

This isn't a chance for everyone to pawn off their copies of Halo 3 or Call of Duty. Bring a game that you enjoyed, but others most likely haven't played. Wrap the game in paper to conceal its identity. Everyone who brings a game will be eligible to pick a game from the pile, one-by-one. You can keep the game or steal a game from another member! You won't know what game you'll get to take home until the very end.

Feel free to be as creative as you wish. You can wrap you game in anything from newspaper to comics; paper towels to toilet paper. Do you best Gameshark impression and take a black sharpie to the paper wrapping. Base it on a theme like wrapping Bayonetta in paper covered in hair (ew!) or be evil and make it completely unrelated to throw people off. [/hide]
    [hide="Mortal Kombat Details"]Post in this thread to guarantee your spot in the tournament. More details will be provided as soon as we know how many people wish to participate.

Live Stream - We'd like to stream this event for all those unable to attend PAX this year. However, we'll need to wait to see how the wifi connection is that night in the room.[/hide]
    [hide="Who's Coming?"]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]wtrswoopes (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Kaidfather (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Veri7as (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Ar7emis
    [*]Maxim (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Dracomaster (Tourney)
    [*]Dr Gumaer (Swap? | Tourney)
    [*]Gameshark (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Fuzzy (Swap? | Tourney)
    [*]Wiserd Cookey (Swap? | Tourney)
    [*]gilligan (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]Slixshot (Swap)
    [*]Locke (Swap | Tourney)
    [*]hp1703
    [/LIST]
    [/hide]
    [CENTER]

When: Sunday, August 28 - 7PM
    Where: Cheesecake Factory
    What: Farewell Dinner
    [/CENTER]

The seminars for Sunday may not be as good as the two previous days, but that doesn’t mean us here at NoobToob are going to take it lying down. Close off the events of PAX with one final ‘official’ get together.

[hide="Who's Coming?"]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]wtrswoopes
    [*]Kaidfather
    [*]Veri7as
    [*]Ar7emis
    [*]Dracomaster
    [*]Jaadus
    [*]Dr Gumaer
    [*]Gameshark
    [*]Fuzzy
    [*]gilligan
    [*]Locke
    [*]hp1703
    [/LIST]
    [/hide]

Important!

The twitter account is going to be crucial for communication, as is the use of a #noobtoob hash tag for searches. Remember to follow the official NoobToob twitter account for live updates @ PAX!
  • Excursion: YES
    Meet n Greet: YES
    Friday: Assassin's Creed / GiantBomb
    Game Swap: YES
    MK Tourny: YES
    Farewell: YES
  • Excursion: NO
    Friday: Giantbomb
    MK Tourney: YES
  • Re: Official NoobToob PAX Schedule

Excursion: NO
    Game Swap: NO
    MK Tourney: YES
  • Excursion: NO ;_;
    Friday: Giantbomb :D
    Game Swap: NO
    MK Tourney: NO
    Farewell: YES (I <3 Cheesecake!)
  • Excursion: Nope
    Meet n Greet: Nope
    Friday: Nothing
    Game Swap: Yes
    MK Tourney: Yes
    Farewell: Probably not
  • Excursion: No
    Meet n Greet: Yes
    Game Swap: No
    Farewell: Yes
    Meet n Greet: No (but I'll be around after)
    Friday: Makin' some fun
    MK Tourny: No
    Farewell: Yes (briefly)
  • ; said:

Excursion: Yes
    Friday: Drinking (GB if I must) Maybe watching the "I Got Next" movie
    Game Swap: Possibly
    MK Tourny: Yes
    Farwell: Yes
  • Excursion: YES
    Friday: Assassin's Creed / D&D
  • Excursion: Undecided (sorry?)
    Friday: YES

Notes:
    For the game swap, does it not matter what is offered for systems as long as it's PS3, Wii, or 360? I don't want to piss anyone off if I put a Wii game in the pot and that's not cool.

EDIT: Not doing the game swap.

Friday I'm going with the group whereever. I'm with Doc in that I'd rather be drinking, but since everyone here has a boner for Giant Bomb, I guess I'll be doing that.

For the Farewell dinner, I'll be there but I have to leave at around 9pm. My flight is at 11:30p on Sunday, so I'll need time to pack + 45 minute train ride + traveling time out and about. Hopefully I wont have to leave too early.
  • Fuzzy said:
    For the game swap, does it not matter what is offered for systems as long as it's PS3, Wii, or 360? I don't want to piss anyone off if I put a Wii game in the pot and that's not cool.

We were thinking PS3 and 360 as we were planning this since that's what most members have. But personally I don't have an issue if you bring a Wii game. Several members have that too.
  • Fuzzy said:
    Friday I'm going with the group whereever. I'm with Doc in that I'd rather be drinking, but since everyone here has a boner for Giant Bomb, I guess I'll be doing that.

I'm pretty sure there will be drinking after the Friday session, just like every year :)

Yw
  • There is drinking after everything.
    Meet n Greet: No
    Friday: No
    Game Swap: Hopefully. Might not make it in time.
    MK Tourney: Yup. (Are we talking about the new one or the old one?)
    Farewell: Most likely no.
  • Excursion: no
    Meet n Greet: yes
    Friday: i would like to go to the giantbomb with some noobtoobers. so will there be a meetup before the panel? also is this assassins creed thing the same one that tobuscus is gonna be at? because i will be there if thats the case.
    Game Swap: yes
    MK Tourney: yes always up for some good competition. next year maybe gallaga?
    Farewell: yes
  • Excursion: no
    Meet n Greet: Not there yet :(
    Friday: I'll keep you posted
    Game Swap: Yes :)
    MK Tourny: No
    Farewell: No
  • ; said:

Excursion: Yes
    Friday: Yes
    Game Swap: Yes
  • i wanted to go to the science fiction museum but wont be in on time on Thursday. (its the only tourist event in Seattle i haven't seen that i want to)
    if anyone is interested in joining me on Friday or Saturday let me know.
  • Excursion: I suppose so...
    Friday: I'm down for whatever. I'd like to see Giantbomb, but will skip it to get laid.
    MK Tourney: Nope (just kidding, I would love to get air thrown all night while I play as Sub Zero)
  • Excursion: will meet at seatle center
    meet n greet: yes
    friday: prob'ly doing my own thing
    saturday: yes
    farwell: will figure that out when the time comes
  • Glad I could participate :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week