Rate the Last Movie You've Seen!
  • Epke said:
    just back from watching Prometheus in the theater.

I didn't realize it was still playing in theaters. Hell, didn't realize a lot of things, like that my thread was still going on, lol.

I saw Prometheus in IMAX 3D at midnight the day it came out and I loved the hell out of it. It was such an intense thrill ride and even though there were issues with the script, it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the film.
  • TRF, do you think you could do a list of your top 10 films? Since you review so many, it would be interesting to see what you feel the best films you've seen are, and why.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind:
    Easily one of the greatest films about relationships I have ever seen. Kaufman's script is fantastic, and the performances from Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are perfect. This has one of my favorite scenes in a movie ever, where we watch a memory of Joel (Jim Carrey) talking with Clem (Kate) in a bookstore. The covers on the books dissapear to show the memory is fading away, all the while Joel is talking with his memory of Clem, hoping they can start again, and she tells him to remember her, so maybe they can. Beautiful. 9.5/10
  • The possession

....I wasn't too impressed with the movie. It had its eerie moments, but nothing that had me scared.
    Though I was a bit furious with the crowd In the showing I was in... They ruined the whole horror feeling of the film. They were chatting during the movie, people phones were going off, the ones who try to act all "tough" we're laughing at every scene and saying stupid comments.

I spent money to enjoy a movie, not to hear the noise coming from the audience.

Overall th movie got. 5 out of 10. There was a good story behind it, but the bad choice of actors was its flaw as well as its execution in the film.
  • Keith Lemon: The Movie

This film is terrible, bad acting, stupid as fuck story. Keith Lemon is a character by Leigh Francis over here in England and generall the stuff he does (celebrity juice and Lemon La Vida Loca) is amazingly hilarious. But this film is just filled with bad jokes and cameos that don't even make sense. He even recycles the same bad joke on numerous occasions (with Ronan Keating and Garry Barlow).

The film is just stupid and not in the Jay and Silent Bob funny style stupid. 2/10
  • nutta27 said:
    Leigh Francis over here in England and generall the stuff he does (celebrity juice and Lemon La Vida Loca)

How could you forget to mention Bo' Selecta?!
  • TRF said:
    I didn't realize it was still playing in theaters. Hell, didn't realize a lot of things, like that my thread was still going on, lol.

I saw Prometheus in IMAX 3D at midnight the day it came out and I loved the hell out of it. It was such an intense thrill ride and even though there were issues with the script, it didn't detract from my overall enjoyment of the film.

I am in Japan most Western movies come later here.
  • The Departed - 7/10

Not really into the whole mob/cop movie thing, but this was really nice. Some parts of it seemed to drag on, and Matt Damon wasn't exactly an amazing actor in this film. Didn't expect the ending, but a lot of the movie seemed a little boring in some bits. Jack Nicholson was glorious though in this movie. Always plays the perfect dick-head. Anyways, check it out if you're into this kind of thing.
  • Chip said:
    How could you forget to mention Bo' Selecta?!

I can't stand the Avid Merrion character, his Craig David and Michael Jackson stuff was awesome though by the way Avid (and craig from big brother) and his Craig David and Mel B characters are in the film.

The Bourne Legacy

The film follows Aaron Cross, an agent of a totally different faction of the CIA with similar Super Human Agents. Bourne has totally fucked things up for Treadstone and the CIA. In the film the CIA are trying to tie all links to Treadstone and by doing that try to kill off all of their agents that have undergone the "transformation" to super agent. The film is good and follows everything set out by earlier Bourne films near identically. But I just cant help but miss Jason Bourne and Matt Damon. Jeremy Renner does a good job but to me this just doesn't feel like a Bourne film.

6/10
  • the last movie i saw was "Faster" i give it 8/10, i thought it was an awesome movie, really worth checking out if you're in to revenge movies
  • Hey Dear im New On This Forum
  • mshipton said:
    Hey Dear im New On This Forum

Welcome, and what'd you think of the movie.

Hunger Games: 2 out of 5
    It felt really fast, they needed more time to build the relationships between the characters. Listening to my brother and cousins talk about the book I thought there would be more gore, it's to bad they had to make it pg-13.
  • laphamking said:
    TRF, do you think you could do a list of your top 10 films? Since you review so many, it would be interesting to see what you feel the best films you've seen are, and why.

Funny you should ask that, because I recently wrote a post on my blog detailing what I thought were the ten greatest films ever made (plus an honorable mention).

http://www.magjournal.net/sight-sound-poll-my-top-ten-greatest-films/

My ten favorites are a little different because of the criteria I've set for the list I blogged about.
  • TRF said:
    Funny you should ask that, because I recently wrote a post on my blog detailing what I thought were the ten greatest films ever made (plus an honorable mention).

http://www.magjournal.net/sight-sound-poll-my-top-ten-greatest-films/

My ten favorites are a little different because of the criteria I've set for the list I blogged about.

Interesting and a little depressing all the same. Interesting regarding some of the choices I didn't expect, and depressing in regards to the films I was hoping I wouldn't see. Then again this is a "best" list and not exactly a favorite list, so some of the choices are expected.

I will say this, having never seen 8 1/2 and you having it on your top 10 makes me want to give it a try.
  • laphamking said:
    Interesting and a little depressing all the same. Interesting regarding some of the choices I didn't expect, and depressing in regards to the films I was hoping I wouldn't see. Then again this is a "best" list and not exactly a favorite list, so some of the choices are expected.

I will say this, having never seen 8 1/2 and you having it on your top 10 makes me want to give it a try.

My top favorites list isn't too much different though.

01. Taxi Driver
    02. Singin' in the Rain
    03. The Big Lebowski
    04. The Godfather
    06. Pulp Fiction
    07. Apocalypse Now
    08. Citizen Kane
    09. Sunset Boulevard
    10. Annie Hall
    11. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    12. Raging Bull
    13. Casablanca
    14. Vertigo
    15. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    16. Cool Hand Luke
    17. The Tree of Life
    18. Battleship Potemkin
    19. The Godfather Part II
    20. Goodfellas
  • Curious, do you keep animated films in a serperate list, or have you simply not enjoyed any animated film enough to place it within your top 10/20/30 favorite films?
  • laphamking said:
    Curious, do you keep animated films in a serperate list, or have you simply not enjoyed any animated film enough to place it within your top 10/20/30 favorite films?

If I were to extend my list to the top 50, it would include WALL-E, Yellow Submarine, Ghost in the Shell, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It's just that an animated film has not been able to crack my top 20.
  • TRF said:
    If I were to extend my list to the top 50, it would include WALL-E, Yellow Submarine, Ghost in the Shell, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It's just that an animated film has not been able to crack my top 20.

Interesting choices, I've only ever seen bits of Nausicaa, but I've never felt interested enough to actually see all of it. I always hear very great things about it. Same with Tokyo Godfathers and Graves of the Fireflies, but I don't think TG is a Ghibli movie.
  • Battle Royale: For years I've heard great things about this film, but never saw it. It finally came on Netflix and after sitting down and seeing it, I finally see why it's so well recieved. A great concept, wonderfully executed, in every imaginable way. The cast is made mostly of teenagers, and they all give great performances, and all have believable relationships and reactions to the situation they're forced into. It's a great commentary on government intervention in school, the lives and expectations of young students, and in some ways a good commentary on the young-person/adult relationship. I also loves the cinematography and the soundtrack was a big highlight for me. I wonder if the director was in any way inspired by "Apocolypse Now" as some aspects of this film remind me of that one. My only complaint is I think the ending should have some sooner than it did, as the actual ending took away from the scene before it. Overall, a great film, one I enjoyed and would hope anyone who has not seen it gives it a shot. 4.5/5
  • I'm seeing Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master and Mike Birbiglia's Sleepwalk With Me tonight and I'm gonna write reviews and you guys can be the first to read them! :)
  • Sweet. Really interested in hearing about PTA's "The Master."
  • I'll get around to my review of Sleepwalk With Me tomorrow, but here is my review of Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master. I'm gonna try to see Dredd and End of Watch tomorrow and maybe Arbitrage, then I'm going to see Trouble With the Curve on Tuesday. Hopefully I can squeeze in reviews of all of those films as well.
  • Here is my review of Mike Birbiglia's Sleepwalk With Me.
  • Here is my review of Pete Travis's Dredd. The film isn't doing too well in terms of box office, and it really deserves better. I want a sequel, so go see this movie!
  • TRF said:
    Here is my review of Pete Travis's Dredd. The film isn't doing too well in terms of box office, and it really deserves better. I want a sequel, so go see this movie!

I plan on it. R-rated comic adaptations usually do horribly, this one looking to be no different - but I've heard incredible things about it.
  • Resident Evil Retribution - 2.5/10

Dog-shit. Good thing I was expecting it to be bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week