SCORE ATTACK! ARKHAM ASYLUM

SCORE ATTACK!
    Members compete for the top score in a particular game. At the end of the event, the victor earns him/herself a noobie! GOOD LUCK!

Arkham Asylum Challenge Maps
    For those who want to play Arkham Asylum for Doc's 101 class, here's your chance to dive into a second event as well! Post your high score for theBeatem Up challenge map Intensive Treatment and see how you compare to your fellow Noobtoobers. This event will last until the end of August, so you have plenty of time to practice and submit scores. :)

I apologize for all of the changes, but there is still plenty of time left in the month.

1. 38,480 Jermz678
    2. 36,826 Chimera
    3. 36,400 PowerPC127
    4. 34310 Dyer Makn
    5. 24695 Slixshot
    6. 21405 Andrilza
  • So I can go on any Stealth Map? Do I have to get the three medals or just go for time? Either way, I'll give it a shot.
  • oo, good call, let's change it to the beatem up maps. You can still do any map, just post up your highest score!
  • 4070! Sad, I know.
  • 64,210 on Sewer Rat Extreme
  • Damn... so far I've got 6770 on Intensive Treatment.

UPDATE:
    Oh! Now I've got 8300 :) ...who the hell's gonna beat powerpc?
  • That's not even my most impressive score, it's just the highest. There's one map where the 3 medal challenge is 30,000 but my high score is over 49k. The medal challenge on my high score map is 50,000. In otherwords, on another map my high score is ~160% of the highest challenge, but on my high score map it's 128% of the high score challenge.
  • powerpc127 said:
    That's not even my most impressive score, it's just the highest. There's one map where the 3 medal challenge is 30,000 but my high score is over 49k. The medal challenge on my high score map is 50,000. In otherwords, on another map my high score is ~160% of the highest challenge, but on my high score map it's 128% of the high score challenge.

in other words... PowerPC127 is... BATMAN
  • I was wondering how long it would take before we see someone who beat the final combat challenge come in and just take the contest.
  • Dyer Makn said:
    I was wondering how long it would take before we see someone who beat the final combat challenge come in and just take the contest.

hmmm... looks like some more refinement is needed. OK, check the OP for the new rules.
  • How/when do you unlock 'Shock and Awe'?
  • @NdRiLz@ said:
    How/when do you unlock 'Shock and Awe'?

check op again :)
  • 36,400. I just beat my old best of 35,000 even. Anyone playing the game on PSN can add me if you want to vouch for that score.

I'm still not happy with it. I also hate fighting armed guards. Maybe I'll keep trying.
  • powerpc127 said:
    36,400. I just beat my old best of 35,000 even. Anyone playing the game on PSN can add me if you want to vouch for that score.

I'm still not happy with it. I also hate fighting armed guards. Maybe I'll keep trying.

I believe you :) I must beat you though...
  • Woo 45045, I dunno how it happened its by far my highest score on any of the challenges.
  • 21405... I'm getting somewhere at least.
  • Dyer Makn said:
    Woo 45045, I dunno how it happened its by far my highest score on any of the challenges.

wait wait wait... we're talking about the very first challenge? (Not on extreme)
  • Slixshot said:
    wait wait wait... we're talking about the very first challenge? (Not on extreme)

Shit I might have done the extreme version.

But the original one is so boring : (. I think my score is around 26 500 or something (ill verify later) but it was from the last time I beat this, I'll see if I can post something better this afternoon but I was planing on lending the game to a friend so.
  • I don't think I'm going to try to beat my high score unless someone else beats it first, so I'm going to spill the beans on my strategy here. I'll put it in spoilers in case you want to beat it on your own.

Spoiler:
    The first thing I should mention is the variation bonus. A x9 variation bonus can get you something like 3500 points per round. In the first round, you should be able to get a x7 bonus, possibly more. Keep in mind that rolling, ground takedowns, the batarang, and the batclaw all count towards variation. Also, they only count your highest combo for the variation bonus. For instance, if you do a combo with a stun attack, then drop the combo and start a second combo doing every move BUT the stun attack, then your variation bonus at the end of the round would be x8 and not x9 (because the stun attack wasn't in your most varied combo).

The other thing I want to mention are the points you get for doing different moves. Or just for doing one move, really. A ground takedown is worth 100 points. In itself, that's not a big deal, but it IS a big deal when you have a 30-something combo going. If you have a 30 hit combo near the end of the round, and there are three enemies left, you can potentially rack up just under 10,000 points right there (100 points * ~32 hit combo * 3 takedowns). Keep in mind that the batarang and batclaw can get enemies on the ground without doing much damage, setting them up perfectly for a ground takedown. Also, if you use the batclaw to take down every standing enemy then just roll for a while while they stmble around until they're able to be taken down. And finally, you should know that you don't have to be directly over an enemy while doing a ground takedown. Batman will jump to a downed enemy if he has a combo going.

Everything else is sort of pure dumb luck, or pure skill. If you can get the flawless freeflow bonuses and the dark knight bonuses, then that will certainly help, but don't get too discouraged if you drop a small combo. Ground takedowns can get you a ton of points if you use them effectively. I don't like using combo takedowns too much because you could get more points for ground takedowns, but they can be great for knife wielders. Enemies can pick up stun batons, so don't bother using it on baton carriers. However, if you're doing a combo takedown to build variation, then use it on anyone ONCE. And try to get good at doing critical strikes (in other words, don't button mash). That's all I got.
  • Played a couple rounds of the first one, got 34310, lending game away so that's as close as I am gonna get.

@powerpc I kept thinking it was possible to get X9 but I could only remember 8 moves, that would have been enough for me to break your score :p
  • 24695... I don't know if I can go higher...
  • Just earned 20,705. Need to improve!

Edit: 24,080
  • 36,826 :D I don't know if I can get any higher, and I'm certainly not willing to try right now.
  • Do you guys notice how when you get everything going, with all the combos and gadgets, you actually feel like batman...? No joke, I feel like the ultimate fighter, and I'm not even as good at it than some of you!
  • Just earned 33,115
  • I have taken the lead with a beautiful 38,480.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week