THE PAX SCHEDULE IS LIVE!
  • Come see my hardwork for this summer (I wrote/proofread these panel descriptions... too many times)
    http://prime.paxsite.com/schedule.php

So what are you guys attending?!?
  • I'm sure Gameshark and I will be attending the Create a Strip panel, it was a blast at PAXEast.
  • I will be attending:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    How The Hell Do I Get My Foot In The Door?
    Crabcat Industries Presents: Revenge of the Cosplayers
    Fallout: Nuka Break Fan Film Screening and Q&A
    The Agony and Ecstasy of RPG Writing
    Irrational Games
    BioWare Mythic - Content to be Announced
    Dragon Age - The Future
    Halo 4
    Inside Gearbox Software

And I am so glad theres only 1 time confilct this time for my choices. Last year I had to cut a lot of things I wanted to see, but this time everything is perfect.
  • did anyone else get their badges yet? i know they say they will be sent 2 weeks before so im not worried about it but 2 years ago i got my badge in the days just before august and last year i got it in the first couple days of august
  • Nobody should have gotten their badges yet. We just finished going over the media badge list at the office, so I'm fairly sure they'll be coming soon.
  • Not big on panels unless others in our group really want to see something, but I'd like to get to these two myself. Hmmm....what does this mean for our console free-play on Friday night? :p

Assassin's Creed Revelations - LIVE ON-STAGE DEMO AND TOBUSCUS PERFORMANCE
    Friday 6:00pm - 7:00pm

The Giant Bomb Variety Hour
    Friday 8:30pm - 10:30pm
  • wtrswoopes said:
    Not big on panels unless others in our group really want to see something, but I'd like to get to these two myself. Hmmm....what does this mean for our console free-play on Friday night? :p

Assassin's Creed Revelations - LIVE ON-STAGE DEMO AND TOBUSCUS PERFORMANCE
    Friday 6:00pm - 7:00pm

The Giant Bomb Variety Hour
    Friday 8:30pm - 10:30pm

It means there will be no console freeplay :P My co-worker loves GiantBomb, and when they emailed asking if they could go past their 2 hour time limit like they did at PAXEast, he said they could take the rest of the night because they're the final panel of the day :)
  • Why is it that there are always 2-3 panels going on at the same time that I want to see very badly?

Hopefully this year I can get into the Acquisitions Incorporated live game! I'll do almost anything to see Chris Perkins DM that group live!
  • :( sorry, we tried to schedule panels to the best of our ability... it's not the easiest thing to get everyone's schedule the way they would want
  • Slixshot said:
    :( sorry, we tried to schedule panels to the best of our ability... it's not the easiest thing to get everyone's schedule the way they would want

Oh I didn't mean you did a bad job. Trust me, with the amount that's on the schedule everyone is gonna have to make SOME kind of choice. I'm sure you guys pour blood, sweat and tears into that schedule to make it work. I ment why must I always want to see SO MANY PANELS that just happen to all be at THE SAME TIME!!!
  • Going to the panels at PAXEast, I found that the panels that were for a specific game (run by the developers) were incredibly boring. The Naughty Dog panel for instance was terrible. The developers were not allowed to say much at all and also only dropped inside jokes that only they understood and could not elaborate on. The only saving grace was not the game footage, but a bloopers video of the voice actors.

If you know the developers are interesting then going to the panel may be worth it to you. Most of them are not really allowed to talk about the new game though, so the Q&As are extremely boring. The best Q&As I went to at East were not done by developers. Other than Mike and Jerry (Penny Arcade) there was a really good one from the people that translated games because they were not restricted in what they could talk about.

Even though I will not be going, I think Giant Bomb and the other podcasts would be the most entertaining because that is their job. They make money to be entertaining, the developers make money to make a game.
  • Dr Gumaer said:
    I'm sure Gameshark and I will be attending the Create a Strip panel, it was a blast at PAXEast.

You know it babe!
  • Slixshot said:
    Nobody should have gotten their badges yet. We just finished going over the media badge list at the office, so I'm fairly sure they'll be coming soon.

okay should i worry now? i know that some people got their badges but everyone i heard that did already are on the west coast. i just have these thoughts in my head of (what if it dosnt arrive, its not worth cancelling my trip if my badge doesn't arrive but there is only so much walking through downtown Seattle you can do.)
    OH!! Darn it you snail mail darn you all to....trying to save the harsh words for someone or something that actually deserves it.
  • you can call customer support, I met a woman there and she was quite nice. They know what they're doing, so they should be able to handle any of your worries.
  • Thanks slix not needed. I dont like that it was that close but....yeah... All ready to start packing this weekend.
  • :) so you got your pass?
  • Yeah this morning.
    If it came this late the first year I went I wouldnt have worried at all. It was just that it came so early the last two years compared to this one
  • On Sunday from 11:30am to 1:30pm in the Queue Room Gabe and Tycho will be signing things. Looks like I will be going to this stag, unless other people are interested in getting shit signed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week