Lollipop Chainsaw News Thread
  • [center]image[/center]

Famitsu.com went live with their Lollipop Chainsaw preview today, sharing new details and the first direct-feed screenshots of the Grasshopper production.

The game follows a zombie outbreak in San Romero High School, the largest high school on the west coast of America. Luckily, protagonist Juliet hails from a family of zombie hunters, where she’s known for her chainsaw and cheer leading expertise. Her chainsaw is pink because that’s her favorite color. You can power up the chainsaw and gain new skills as you progress. The zombies appear on her 18th birthday.

“We’re putting a lot of effort into the soundtrack, definitely,” said Grasshopper boss Goichi Suda to Famitsu. “Part of the reason we established Grasshopper in the first place was so we could work on every part of a game in-house, and we treat sound especially importantly in this outfit. The sound team for Lollipop is led by Yamaoka and they’re working on a whole array of pop tunes right now. Part of the gameplay might involve sound as well, although exactly how we’re still keeping a secret.”

Lollipop Chainsaw‘s release is still to be announced, but Suda hinted that it’s not too far off.

“The game’s framework is complete, and now we’re deep into the fine-tuning process,” Suda said. “I’d place it at around 70 percent complete. It’s really a new era for zombie games — a piece of ‘pop’ zombie entertainment.”

------------------------------------

What..the..fuck?
    She caries her boyfriends head on a chain?

Source/Pics
  • This kind of looks like a potential Flibble game. :3
  • Looks like No More Heroes meets Oneechanbara.

I'm interested. But if I see one goddamn lightswitch....
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    This kind of looks like a potential Flibble game. :3

I think you meant to say this has Epke written all over it. XD

But yeah, I only had to see one screenshot to know it was a Suda51 game.
  • Just like how the insanity drew me to NMH1 and 2... the craziness of this game has already drawn me in. I'd like to hear Yamaoka at work with Grasshopper. :) Cheers for Grasshopper!
  • XxBarretxX said:
    I think you meant to say this has Epke written all over it. XD

The tits are nowhere near big enough to interest Epke :p
  • Dr Flibble said:
    The tits are nowhere near big enough to interest Epke :p

This game offers a Big tit mode instead of a big head mode.
  • Day one and not just because I have a cheerleader fetish (I also have an upskirt fetish)!
  • [video=youtube;6d-tNXxTRBA]
  • This game looks outrageously awesome.

[video=youtube;nRfroCeDk2E]
  • Fandango said:
    Day one and not just because I have a cheerleader fetish (I also have an upskirt fetish)!

^ This.

Both trailers are badass!
  • [video=youtube;o8eFTivjOBk]

Want this game!
  • Oh yeaaaah this game look fun as hell!. Hopefully it will have better gameplay than that other game suda51 made recently...shadow something was it? I don't remember.
  • [center]image

image[/center]
  • Is there any indication that this game won't play like shit? Cos I'm not picking up on it if it's there.
  • monochromaticx said:
    Oh yeaaaah this game look fun as hell!. Hopefully it will have better gameplay than that other game suda51 made recently...shadow something was it? I don't remember.

Shadow of the Damned was fine on the gameplay side of things.
  • If this is anywhere near as fun as NMH1/NMH2... SUDA 51 ALL THE WAY!
  • Sunflower said:
    Is there any indication that this game won't play like shit? Cos I'm not picking up on it if it's there.

Same. And did someone buy him a Tarantino/Grindhouse box set for his birthday or what? It looks like Oneechanbara meets No More Heroes in Grindhouse. I'm going to hazard a guess it will be all style and no substance, just like Shadows was.

XxBarretxX said:
    Shadow of the Damned was fine on the gameplay side of things.

Except it was as easy as shitting after a laxative and beer binge, and more boring than reading toilet paper. Gameplay fucking sucked in that game. Yeah it was like Resident Evil 4; only half-broken, tedious, and not nearly as fun.
  • Shadows was solid enough in the gameplay stakes for sure; not spectacular by any means, but certainly good enough to stand alongside all but the very top tier of contemporary third person shooters. Besides if Lolipop turns out to be anything like as juvenile and bat shit crazy as first appears, I’ll deffo be buying at launch. Game looks great!
  • [video=youtube;0E8Kygj0OAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0E8Kygj0OAs[/video]

I mean it looks ok but I'm not sold yet. I'm going to need to hear what people say before I buy this.
  • As a fan of Suda and the humor he injects into his games, I'm definitely interested in grabbing this. I was laughing after watching that trailer.
  • Had no idea Tara Strong was doing the voice.

I shall now put aside money for this.
  • i see pantsu, i am intrigued :p
  • Limited edition will come with a chainsaw! :p (in Japan anyway)

It will also have codes for extra costumes, and the limited editions will have different covers from the regular editions, as well as different covers between PS3 and 360. So if you want to have every cover, you have to buy the game 3 times! Hoorah!

edit: And one very important difference I forgot to write: ONLY the limited editions will have uncensored violence! If you buy the regular edition it will be toned down as many games in Japan are.

• I am so into the look of this game. Suda has never disappointed me & this looks fucking sweet.
  • There was an interview with Suda51 in this week's Famitsu so I took the liberty of translating the main points;

1. Lollipop Chainsaw is 99.97% complete. They are just doing some final checks but it's ready to go gold.
    2. The game will have no horror in it, despite being a zombie game. He doesn't want people to feel scared or drained when they play it.
    3. He believes it's one of the best games he's created in terms of being over the top crazy.
    4. The original love interest was to be named "Romeo" to coincide with the player character's name being "Juliet". It was changed to "Nick" after Warner Bros. (who will publish in the US) said it was a shit name.
    5. The game will have many parody scenes and characters from well-known movies.
    6. The game's script was written by the dude who wrote the script for the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, and the same guy also selected the English voice actors. Apparently a well-known "zombie and movie" figure from Japan was also recruited to handle the Japanese version, but he doesn't reveal who just yet.
    7. The game will NOT be just a hack'n'slash game. There will be other weapons and forms of attack, including shooting, and the game should offer enough to appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers.
    8. He has plenty more to reveal in the future so keep an ear out for news. There are more surprises coming!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week