So What'd Ya Eat?
  • Hey Army! I decided to start this little thread so we can post pictures of what we had for dinner/breakfast/lunch/brunch/supper/second breakfast/what have you. Post a dish you just cooked, what you had when you went out with your friends, or whatever you want.

I just went to this Mexican place down by the beach called Tex Mex. I got the BYOB Burrito which had steak, cheddar cheese, rice, guacamole, pinto beans, onions, and god knows what else. It was really good but they had this red sauce on one half of it that I didn't care for. I also got something they call a Street Taco which is the tiniest little excuse for a taco ever, but it wasn't half bad.

Here's a picture I took.

So, what have you guys been grubbin' on?
  • This is what I had tonight. I went to the grocery store and they have a little food court there with all sorts of things. Honestly, the grocery store has the best Chinese food in town, which is kinda sad. This is teriyaki chicken with some green beans, steamed rice and a crab rangoon. When I got home I put it on a plate. Soooo..much...food. The teriyaki chicken was really good. :) I also bought a can of my favorite tea: Xing Tea with ginseng.

• Oh god Chinese food and tea is the best. ;_;

I just ate pork chops and fried rice... the instant kind. It was ok. I cooked the rice for too long though. :( I am so terrible at cooking.
  • Yesterday for dinner I got a chicken aioli sandwich from Wolfgang Puck that was massive. It came with a caesar salad. It was so delicious. Here's a picture.

Then this morning I went to this awesome deli called Fromin's after my eye doctor appointment and haircut. I got a massive pastrami sandwich that was also very good. It didn't have anything on it except meat, provolone cheese, mustard and mayonnaise but it was delicious. It came with a side of potatoe salad.

In case you haven't noticed, I love sandwiches.
  • Those sound good and I love potato salad.

I got a bunch of eggs from someone who raises chickens at work so I ended up having three fried eggs for dinner and a couple stripes of bacon...forgot to take a pic of it though. :<
  • I had a burger from skillet street food it had bacon spread and was really good, also ordered poutine.
  • I didn't take a pic of my dinner but I took one of my dessert. lol

Organic vanilla cream top yogurt and some Full Circle chocolate animal cookies. OH yeah....I even arranged them all pretty for your viewing pleasure. :D I just noticed the lion at the top left getting a little risky with that goat. D:

• I was absolutely starving so I decided to hit Jack in the Box. I just decided to stack up some tacos so I paid $3.23 and got 6 tacos. Hooray for fast food!

• Time for my first contribution to this thread. The food of choice? An 8oz Mushroom Swiss burger with an extra patty and fries. Sure, it looks kind of disgusting but man did it taste good.

• Manio, that looks disgusting but also incredible!

Here is what I ate tonight for dinner. A few chicken wings, baked in a sauce made of honey, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic, baked until the sugar caramelized a little. Also, some pan roasted green beans with sea salt and a sweet potato with butter and cinnamon. It was all fantastic!

[SPOILER]image[/SPOILER]
  • My gym had flyers for this new restaurant called the Muscle Maker Grill. everything is under 500 calories and I'm shocked that the food was damn good!
  • Wow, Brisby, that looks really good! You cooked it yourself?

I had pizza tonight from a local pizza shop. I got it with pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions.

• Bongtokage64 said:
    Wow, Brisby, that looks really good! You cooked it yourself?

Yes, I did. I'm trying to save some money lately by cooking things myself. If anyone wants the chicken wing recipe because they really are amazing (I added the hot pepper flakes because I like mine to have some kick). They're pretty easy to make: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/caramelized-baked-chicken/detail.aspx

Last night I fixed myself some boneless chicken breasts stuffed with gorgonzola, roasted hazelnuts and cranberries. Sprinkled it with some dill and paprika and baked it in an oven. Forgot to take a picture of it though although they weren't very photogenic as the cheese kinda bubbled and ran out everywhere lol, but it was still delicious.
  • Brisby said:
    Yes, I did. I'm trying to save some money lately by cooking things myself. If anyone wants the chicken wing recipe because they really are amazing (I added the hot pepper flakes because I like mine to have some kick). They're pretty easy to make: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/caramelized-baked-chicken/detail.aspx

Last night I fixed myself some boneless chicken breasts stuffed with gorgonzola, roasted hazelnuts and cranberries. Sprinkled it with some dill and paprika and baked it in an oven. Forgot to take a picture of it though although they weren't very photogenic as the cheese kinda bubbled and ran out everywhere lol, but it was still delicious.

Nice! That sounds really good! I love allrecipes.com, they have a lot of good recipes on that site. I made this for my girlfriend and I's three month anniversary and it was fantastic, I whole heartedly recommend it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-garlic-lime-chicken/detail.aspx

Yesterday I made a frozen pizza and then I had a piece of chocolate peanut butter cake for dessert. Here are some pictures.

• The cake looks good!
  • OoO NOM NOM NOM!
  • Man, I usually just eat super boring stuff D:
  • hey everybody i am in Ramadan month so every day we had been making a nice big dinner. i'll post mine bout' every day if i can just to show some different food and stuff.
    By pinky315 at 2011-08-13

some kibi an arab food thats really popular in brazil but is apparently lebanese. i also had some smashed eggplant,salad,and some rice
  • Brisby said:
    This is what I had tonight. I went to the grocery store and they have a little food court there with all sorts of things. Honestly, the grocery store has the best Chinese food in town, which is kinda sad. This is teriyaki chicken with some green beans, steamed rice and a crab rangoon. When I got home I put it on a plate. Soooo..much...food. The teriyaki chicken was really good. :) I also bought a can of my favorite tea: Xing Tea with ginseng.

Hi Brisby,
    These look delicious.
    Are they Chinese food?
  • tenglang said:
    Hi Brisby,
    These look delicious.
    Are they Chinese food?

Indeed. Well, Americanized Chinese food. :)

And here is what I made tonight:

Rigatoni noodles with ground up turkey sausage and arrabbiata pasta sauce mixed with sweet red wine. Arrabbiata sauce is a spicy Roman-style sauce...it (loosely) means "angry" in Italian (thank you, Wikipedia lol). For a drink, I had some sparkling raspberry and grape juice. The pasta turned out pretty awesome considering I just threw it all together in a skillet. Of course, put some parmesan cheese and parsley on top. ;)

extreme closeup for the helluvit

• Brisby said:
    Indeed. Well, Americanized Chinese food. :)

And here is what I made tonight:

Rigatoni noodles with ground up turkey sausage and arrabbiata pasta sauce mixed with sweet red wine. Arrabbiata sauce is a spicy Roman-style sauce...it (loosely) means "angry" in Italian (thank you, Wikipedia lol). For a drink, I had some sparkling raspberry and grape juice. The pasta turned out pretty awesome considering I just threw it all together in a skillet. Of course, put some parmesan cheese and parsley on top. ;)

extreme closeup for the helluvit

They call me Brisby, Master Chef.

But in all seriousness, that meal has my mouth watering.
  • It would have been such a good night for me to get in on this thread, but so far Brisby has this locked down haha. I'd kill to be eating there, although I'm more of a rosée sauce fan.

@pinky I know all about the awesome Ramadan feasts, although unfortunately all of my girlfriends family is in Lebanon until I leave for school so I'm gonna be missing out on it this year
  • Aww, thanks, guys. It really was simple though. :o

Dyer Makn said:
    It would have been such a good night for me to get in on this thread, but so far Brisby has this locked down haha. I'd kill to be eating there, although I'm more of a rosée sauce fan.

Please post pics! I love looking at what other people are making or getting at restaurants. :)
  • Pretty much only ate a grandpa burger from A&W yesterday, as well as 4 Pesto McMini's from McDonalds. I was craving some greasy, salty, food.
  • So this looked a lot better last night but, left-over breakfast! Perogies with bacon and large assortment of vegetables.

• Dyer Makn said:
    So this looked a lot better last night but, left-over breakfast! Perogies with bacon and large assortment of vegetables.

omg I LOVE perogies! That looks delicious. I have Polish blood in me from my father's side of the family so whenever I think of perogies it reminds me of my childhood. I use to eat them all the time. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week