The NoobToob Pokemon League!

For years Pokemon has drawn gamers of all ages. Each of which has had the same goal: "To be the very best" In the end, there can be only one!

Overview:
    The Noobtoob Pokemon League is an on-going event I have created, which has potential to expand depending upon its success! To get this show on the road, I will need a rough number of people actually interested in participating, who has which game, and any ideas you are willing to offer. :)
    Enjoy!

Here are some of my own ideas:
    a. We could have designated people as Gym Leaders
    b. We could have designated people as the elite 4, and if you can win you challenge the champion. If you win, you take over as champion!
    c. We go by the anime, where it's simply a tournamet. Brackets to show who your fighting against next.
    d. If you're simply in the mood to battle, you can call someone out for a fight!

Those are my ideas that I could come up with at 5AM, but as I stated earlier, let me know what you would want to do... now to sleep!

Trainers:
    Slixshot
    SpaceofSoul
    Monochromaticx
    x0xligerzerox0x
    OrionZeroX
    NewAgeRed
    sssargon
    XxbarretxX
    Guywhodies
    LinkCable
    Manio
    AllhailtheTV42
    Ultrabean v2.0
    Atlus
  • Im assuming this is going to be one the pokemon white and black versions?
    Im getting pokemon white soon .... not sure how soon. But eventually lol...
    Sounds like an awesome idea though.
    I was wondering, if we were all to do the elite 4 type of system. Why not have each opponent have a special field of pokemon. One being all grass type pokemon, electric, fire etc etc.
    It will test the battlers rather than just having all ultimate pokemon.
    And have restrictions on pokemon as well ( just an idea), such as legendaries.
  • I am in. how about we just make it a normal tournament?
  • I'm game, if you decide to do the league thing I wouldlike to be a leader.
  • This page has been made for events with pokemon, therefore, we can do multiple events and discuss the league in one area. I'm currently figuring out what exactly the first event should be, and again, I need to know the number of people actually interested. So, if you're interested, post saying so. :)
  • If we are to have real people be gym leaders, leaders will need to be the correct level in order for people to face them in the correct order. If the first gym leader were harder than the last, things would become ridiculous. Each gym leader would need a different style of play as well, such as 3v3 1-on-1, 6v6 1-on-1 , tag team, or triple team battles. Also, what the badge would be, and the type/types of pokemon each gym uses. I'm in, but lets set everything before we think about truly starting this. On a side note, I thing we should allow every pokemon on DS games to be used.
  • I agree in only making this into a tournament style event, its much easier. Also, I fully agree that the use legendaries should be banned in any event. Unless it is a Legendaries only event.
  • Again, this isn't a single event, but a hub for pokemon. If you want to make trades, this could be a proper location to ask. There will be battling events of course, and a tournament is probably where we will start.

In the future though, leaders are an option, it'd just be more about strategy than it would be about training. The wifi battles force a level balance, so it wouldn't matter what level your pokemon were. Fighting leaders would be more conceptual. Maybe we could have each gym leader come up with their own badge using gimp and if you win, you can happily place it on your sig.

Plenty of time to work out the details, but welcome OrionZeroX, to the pokemon league!
  • I play Pokemon!!! :D
  • I like the elite 4 style idea. But random tournament works as well. I play but don't really have a good team setup or anything but I could throw some guys together to play.
  • added both of you :) (and friends)
  • Hello everyone. I think this is my first post, but I've been in the irc chat a lot. :)

I started playing pokemon games again after years off.
    I'm playing through them in order and catching up to the DS games fast.

I'm going to play through Emerald on GBA soon and thought it would be a fun idea to let the NTA choose my team. I'll start a thread soon for everyone to make suggestions in. Also I'm going to pick the starter my self, so no Mudkips.

Can't wait to play with all of you.
  • NewAgeRed said:
    Hello everyone. I think this is my first post, but I've been in the irc chat a lot. :)

I'm going to play through Emerald on GBA soon and thought it would be a fun idea to let the NTA choose my team. I'll start a thread soon for everyone to make suggestions in. Also I'm going to pick the starter my self, so no Mudkips.

Happy first post! :D
    Here are my choices for your team:Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp and a Magikarp :p
  • NewAgeRed said:
    Hello everyone. I think this is my first post, but I've been in the irc chat a lot. :)

Good luck on your epic quest in Emerald! By the time you are on Black and White this league should be rolling :)
  • monochromaticx said:
    Happy first post! :D
    Here are my choices for your team:Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp, Magikarp and a Magikarp :p

You mean Blaziken, Gyarados, Gyarados, Gyarados, Gyarados, Gyarados right? ;)

I'm going to start catching pokemon in SoulSilver after I beat Crystal. so I'll be on the DS games real soon one way or another.
  • Hey I think this a good idea always wanted to try to get into multiplayer battles so sign me up though how long intil this is up and running because I'm still going through my normal playthrough on Black. And don't think ill be able to get a good multiplayer team together for another couple of months

Also are we going to go into the other games to like HG/SS or D/P/Por just Playing Black/White
  • Guywhodies said:
    Hey I think this a good idea always wanted to try to get into multiplayer battles so sign me up though how long intil this is up and running because I'm still going through my normal playthrough on Black. And don't think ill be able to get a good multiplayer team together for another couple of months

Also are we going to go into the other games to like HG/SS or D/P/Por just Playing Black/White

My guess is we will stay with the most current version.. so I'm going to have to finish my game as well :). Welcome to the league!
  • I'd like to be able to use any of the pokemon, from all of the pokemon games on the DS.
  • I will totally join the league, I never finished White, I got bored of it ( :O i know) but I may go back and finish it. Sadly my actual setup team in on SS. So ill need ot transfer them sometime.
  • OrionZeroX said:
    I'd like to be able to use any of the pokemon, from all of the pokemon games on the DS.

I'm going to put up a few limitations. Probably VGA regulations, as in no UBER LEGENDARYS... that just takes away the diversity.

LinkCable said:
    I will totally join the league, I never finished White, I got bored of it ( :O i know) but I may go back and finish it. Sadly my actual setup team in on SS. So ill need ot transfer them sometime.

Welcome to the league Link! :D I'd be happy to help transfer your pokemon if you need any help. I'm sure other NT members would be glad to as well.
  • Banning legendaries is kind of a must, as I have stated earlier in the thread.
  • Just saw the credits roll, on to discover the rest of the game... then to start picking my pokemon for the league!
  • I am in..i just got back into black
  • I watched the intro video for Black. that guy's necklace reminded me of Yu-gi-oh. lol XD
    I don't think I'm going to be able to play through Emerald and Platinum before you're all done.>_> So I'll have to start playing the DS games asap.

I'd like to mix the other DS games into the fun too if any of you have them.
    Do they all connect for trades/battles? Other than B/Ws new pokemon of course.
  • I'm in. I just started playing Black.
  • I was on the fence, but fine, I'm in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week