IRON GAMER CHALLENGE: Crackdown Battle
  • Ok folks, launch day is upon us and the point whoring can begin! I've set up the wiki to track scores here:

http://noobtoob.com/wiki/Crackdown_Battle

Add your name and gamertag link and keep it updated after every play session so we can see who is the champion. No set time limit as of yet, since the Lost Planet one still had some activity a few weeks after launch. I'm thinking we can probably declare a champion after about a week of inactivity in the rankings.

Since there are lot of crackdown threads already, let's keep all of the smack talking and achievement related discussion here, and everything else in other threads. I'll sticky this for a week or two..

I'll start with the smack talkin' first and say all y'all are chumps and will give up early just like in Lost Planet. Gwenster, Tobin, I'm looking at you! Let's see if Sunflower can back up his big talk and whining about "fairness" and get in the lead this week. I doubt it :).

Yw - Iron Gamer - Lost Planet
  • yuzo said:
    Ok folks, launch day is upon us and the point whoring can begin! I've set up the wiki to track scores here:

Add your name and gamertag link and keep it updated after every play session so we can see who is the champion. No set time limit as of yet, since the Lost Planet one still had some activity a few weeks after launch. I'm thinking we can probably declare a champion after about a week of inactivity in the rankings.

Since there are lot of crackdown threads already, let's keep all of the smack talking and achievement related discussion here, and everything else in other threads. I'll sticky this for a week or two..

I'll start with the smack talkin' first and say all y'all are chumps and will give up early just like in Lost Planet. Gwenster, Tobin, I'm looking at you! Let's see if Sunflower can back up his big talk and whining about "fairness" and get in the lead this week. I doubt it :).

Doubt away, fucker. I'll even get the game LATE to show you all up. I doubt I'll score it tomorrow.

Eat my shit! bwahaha<3
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    [quote=yuzo]Ok folks, launch day is upon us and the point whoring can begin! I've set up the wiki to track scores here:

Doubt away, fucker. I'll even get the game LATE to show you all up. I doubt I'll score it tomorrow.

Eat my shit! bwahaha<3[/quote]<br />
    Brave to say that to Yuzo, you know he has been waiting for this one for weeks and weeks.

Well, since i don't have any console i'll just leave you too it :)

Good luck to you all, go get them Yuzo!
  • Hah, motherbitches! I've got Crackdown, and I scored the first achievements on the forums.

Woo! 10 points for me!

Back to it...
  • I`m not going to bother playing Crackdown this week , even tough it`ll be waiting for me in my mailbox by the
    time I get home today.
    I got alot of things to do , I need to finish a 3D model and I got 2 concerts to go to this week and the weekend is fully booked too for non-gamer related issues .

Next week however I`ll be completly off for a week .
    And thats where the cobra will strike !
    Continous point whoring action !
    As far as Lost Planet goes , hah havent given up yet . Just Supreme Commander been keeping me busy .
    The time for the deceisive LP point push is soon .
  • tobin said:
    Woo! 10 points for me!
    Back to it...

And look who has 40. That's how you lay the smack down folks.

I've killed all the Los Muertos bosses and finally on the head honcho. 2 stars in agility and level 90, so pretty close to 3 stars. I've also collected over 150 agility orbs and 10-15 hidden ones. Man, this game is _addictive_. I love the shotgun and the heavy machine gun you get later.

'course, I gotta work in about 4 hours. yikes! I'm guessing Tuesday won't be as productive since we'll be recording and I'll be recuperating from lack of sleep. But I've drawn first blood so it's all worth it. Day 1 and I'm in the lead! Who will topple my score today?!?!

Yw
  • *bangs head on desk* god I hate being a student, cant afford any new games lol :P

didnt like crackdown at first, but the more I played the demo the more I lIked it :( not fair :P
  • StealthAssassin said:
    *bangs head on desk* god I hate being a student, cant afford any new games lol :P

Second that (though I'm technically not student since last Friday. freedom!). As if that's not enough, I'm completely free until at least 2 weeks from now... I wanna have Crackdown... *sulk*
  • Holy crap, the Crackdown war has BEGUN.

I just checked my friend list on xbox live, a lot of noobtoobers are playing Crackdown as we speak:

diabloslayer133
    pico210
    sunflower4000

and a few others. I love it.

Also, Yuzo, you stayed up long enough for xbox live to come back up last night. The only reason I was still stuck at 10 was xbox live was down. :)

I like that the achievements aren't easy, you get a few at first, and then you really gotta work for it. Damn, I'm addicted.
  • tobin said:
    Holy crap, the Crackdown war has BEGUN.

I just checked my friend list on xbox live, a lot of noobtoobers are playing Crackdown as we speak:

diabloslayer133
    pico210
    sunflower4000

and a few others. I love it.

Also, Yuzo, you stayed up long enough for xbox live to come back up last night. The only reason I was still stuck at 10 was xbox live was down. :)

I like that the achievements aren't easy, you get a few at first, and then you really gotta work for it. Damn, I'm addicted.

Currently I'm murdering the competition in it's sleep, with 125. Grabbing a few more probably tomorrow morning, I've almost beat the game :x

There's GOT to be other story stuff than just the 3 gangs. Cos I'm tearing through em pretty easily, got about 250 agility orbs...and almost 100 secret. bwaah...I told you all to eat my shit, so continue to eat.

Especially you Tobin. I'm going to smash you into oblivion.
  • im gonna rely on my older brother to buy crackdown cuz i have no money =/ plus hes a Halo 2 FPS Fag fanatic.
  • i haven't bought crackdown yet and i have a question : are there any secret achivements? because i fucking hate those.

Ps: If you re asking yourself "why this retarded s.o.b hasn't bought crackdown yet" look at the "I am so damn impatient for Crackdown" topic that Tobin made.
  • Xtreme Pudim said:
    i haven't bought crackdown yet and i have a question : are there any secret achivements? because i fucking hate those.

Ps: If you re asking yourself "why this retarded s.o.b hasn't bought crackdown yet" look at the "I am so damn impatient for Crackdown" topic that Tobin made.

no secret achievements in the game. Also, at 360achievements.org they describe all secret achievements for you in all games.

Hit 245 tonight, considering stopping for the night, but I want to raise the bar HIGH just to piss you all off ;p

EDIT: Wang is a dick, I give up for tonight. 245 holdin strong.
  • I'm at 30 achievement points, after about 3 hours playing. I'm on the final Los Muertos guy, and probably would have beaten him if I hadn't spent an hour just dicking around in the game.

I almost made it to the top of the Agency tower, but I think I need to gain one more agility level to get up there.

I do wish there were more mission variety and the world felt a little more lifelike. The best sandbox games, like Mercenary and the GTA games, just have more things to do besides just race and shoot. It's still fun.

Also, the soundtrack blows. And I even kinda like Molotov, but they definitely needed a better variety of artists and genres on the radio stations here.
  • misere said:
    I'm at 30 achievement points, after about 3 hours playing. I'm on the final Los Muertos guy, and probably would have beaten him if I hadn't spent an hour just dicking around in the game.

I almost made it to the top of the Agency tower, but I think I need to gain one more agility level to get up there.

I do wish there were more mission variety and the world felt a little more lifelike. The best sandbox games, like Mercenary and the GTA games, just have more things to do besides just race and shoot. It's still fun.

Also, the soundtrack blows. And I even kinda like Molotov, but they definitely needed a better variety of artists and genres on the radio stations here.

Totally agree with you on the soundtrack. I had the good fortune to see Molotov YEARS ago live, and they rocked the house, so it's nice to see em around. Everything else for the most part is kind of sort of...shit.

I hate getting distracted by those goddamn agility orbs. I'll be on my way somewhere and see one and immediately dive out of my car...sigh.
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    [quote=Xtreme Pudim]i haven't bought crackdown yet and i have a question : are there any secret achivements? because i fucking hate those.

no secret achievements in the game. Also, at 360achievements.org they describe all secret achievements for you in all games.

Hit 245 tonight, considering stopping for the night, but I want to raise the bar HIGH just to piss you all off ;p

EDIT: Wang is a dick, I give up for tonight. 245 holdin strong.[/quote]

Oh my god I hate you so much.

245??? I played for like 4 hours last night and only got 30. I've just been running around and exploring and doing races and shit, are you just going straight for achievements?

You are the undisputed champion for now, sir. We even mentioned you in the show tonight. :)

I'm gonna get you though. Speaking of, why am I on the forums? I need to go play!
  • I managed to get the last copy at my store and it was worth all the trouble, I'm having so much fun. The agility orbs are fun to get but like mentioned before, if i see one no matter what I'm doing I drop it and go and get it so I get so side tracked, but I really like how you lvl up your stuff by using it. I'm gonna loose the point whore race but I'll have fun trying to stay in the game. :p The sound track does kind of suck but it hasn't really bothered me yet. Back to the game!
  • lol does tobin suck?
  • Jesus man, 295? Are you kidding me? Sunflower, did you skip work/school today or somethin? :)

Man, I played for about 4 hours and still have two Volk missions to go before I hit the Shai-Gen. Hit 110 though so I'm feelin' pretty good for the time I've spent so far.

I really need some better weapons, I'm still using the heavy machine gun from the guys near the los muertos boss, and my other is the rocket launcher. The mission in the refinery is starting to piss me off -- I think the guys keep respawning.

Woah, looks like Wingo is on your tail at 220. The competition is _fierce_!

Yw
  • My eyes are paying the price today. God, damn are they sore.

I went into this planning on just playing for fun the first couple days and seeing what gets unlocked, but then after I got a lot done and levelled up a bunch, I saw some I wanted to try (Agency Tower etc) and I went for it. I got an easy 100 more waiting when I get rid of Wang and his thugs, if I can find it in my heart to try it again, and some other things...It's a lot of fun, got to admit. Got a couple today I'd like to get as well... Hope you all are having fun with it too.

Oh and thank you Tobin, for your submission to the almighty Sunflower. :)
  • I have 20 points lol. They are the ones everyone gets. I can't seem to play this game for more than a couple hours a day. Oddly enough it is fun and very much so. But the text is so fucking tiny on my TV so unless I am sitting right in front I have to strain to see it (Am I just getting old?). My head starts o hurt after a while and when I finally do manage to die, I don't feel like doing it all over again. Definately a great game though, I can't seem to find a break in action unless I intentionally hit the rooftops in search of orbs.

So I bow out of the competition before I even start. :lol: I wish I was rich and could sit at home everyday.... Damn reality... dammit to hell.
  • All I needed was one day, don't quit your job! ;p

I hit 395, thinking about taking a break for a while...Maybe. Might try to snag those co-op points sometime.
  • yuzo said:
    Jesus man, 295? Are you kidding me? Sunflower, did you skip work/school today or somethin? :)

Man, I played for about 4 hours and still have two Volk missions to go before I hit the Shai-Gen. Hit 110 though so I'm feelin' pretty good for the time I've spent so far.

I really need some better weapons, I'm still using the heavy machine gun from the guys near the los muertos boss, and my other is the rocket launcher. The mission in the refinery is starting to piss me off -- I think the guys keep respawning.

Woah, looks like Wingo is on your tail at 220. The competition is _fierce_!

Yw

RHAWR! fear da wing of DOOM! lol its a really fun game, i need to start driving more though, i like drove twice the entire game so far, it was really sluggish for me but maybe it gets better as i level it :)

And yea the guys always respawn until you take out the boss guys/girls so just run for cover and avoid those explosions!
  • Cancel that, I'm taking a break with 430 points. Give you guys some chances to catch up...got sucked into some agility orbs and seemingly easy achievements...you all know how it is :x
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    All I needed was one day, don't quit your job! ;p

I hit 395, thinking about taking a break for a while...Maybe. Might try to snag those co-op points sometime.

Hey, did you actually beat the game yet? I'm really curious what happens when you kill the last boss, because as you clean up the city, there get to be less and less gang members to fight. If you kill the last boss, how do you go through and max out all your stats? You seem to be the first person close to beating it, you get to report back to us. :)
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Sunflower4000]All I needed was one day, don't quit your job! ;p

Hey, did you actually beat the game yet? I'm really curious what happens when you kill the last boss, because as you clean up the city, there get to be less and less gang members to fight. If you kill the last boss, how do you go through and max out all your stats? You seem to be the first person close to beating it, you get to report back to us. :)[/quote]

When you finish it and wipe out the last ones, the city is peaceful. You can quit to the menu and when starting your game again (not new stats or game) you can choose to have the crimes on, which makes em populated with gang members again, etc. Just no bosses around, but that's what the time trials are for.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week