Anime...
  • any of you guys anime fans? Personally I've been watching anime since I was like 5 (it all started with "Ginga Nagareboshi Gin") and from that point I've been a HUGE anime fan. I am a big fan of the older anime series and the new stuff kind of doesn't appeal to me (I've stopped watching Bleach and Naruto because they got kind of dull). The thing is though that once I get into an anime there is no way to stop me from watching it (when I first started watching Bleach from episode 1 the series was at episode 98 and I caught up at episode 99) and that's why I like older anime series that have already ended since I can watch them beginning to end without having to wait for new episodes every week. I just want to know everyone's favorite anime series and what they're watching right now (if anything).

Top 3:
    3. Ranma 1/2 (awesome story, horrible ending)
    2.Fullmetal Alchemist (story was good and didn't have too much unnecessary filler)
    1. Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (this anime never had an english release so none of my friends have ever heard about it but I picked up the complete series when I was in Finland this summer)

Currently watching:
    Flame of Recca
    King of bandit JIng
    Bosou Renkin

KV
  • Hey looks like you and me have been watching the same anime lol, anyway I would say a really funny but awesome anime even though it is sorta simple is ONE PIECE, freaking hialrious and awesome fight scenes, also I think you should check out one called BLOOD BROTHERS, and last but not least is my current top 5 GET BACKERS

all of these anime are really good in my opinion and worth watching start to finsih, and considering that one piece has over 250 current eps out that is pretty impressive ,

ps Busou Renkin is freaking sawesome I want some arms alchemy powers, mabey something like "BOOZE KING" "Busou renkin
  • I never really got into One Piece because of the mad hype (after hearing all this cool stuff about it I was really disappointed). I might check out Blood Brothers though (anything with the word blood in it is bound to be awesome, right?) and I already OWN (my only physical copies of any manga) the first 5 volumes of the Get Backers

KV
  • I wouldn't call myself an "anime fan" but i've watched my share of anime in my time...Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Bleach, Naruto and a few others. I don't like much anime these days, it's usually an immitation of old anime shows.
  • All I like is Death Note, FMA and Bleach. Pretty much.
  • I used to watch anime a couple years ago but now I dont go near it. My favourite anime was Air Gear, you should check out if you like anime
  • im an anime addict >.<<br />
    naruto is spreading the story WAAY too long but still good ^_^

Bleach is just awesome... just awesome...

FMA was amazing I loved the story and the ending.

Death not was also awesome It had an "oh shit" ending.

i dunno i think ill start watching avatar now it seems nice.
  • You could say that Im anime fan.

So here is my top 3 ^_^

3. Claymore (ongoing)
    2. Death Note
    1. Elfen Lied

Currently watching:
    Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden
    Claymore
    Zombie Loan
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Ichigo 100%
    Devil May Cry
    Tenjho Tenge
  • Kagone said:
    You could say that Im anime fan.

So here is my top 3 ^_^

3. Claymore (ongoing)
    2. Death Note
    1. Elfen Lied

Currently watching:
    Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden
    Claymore
    Zombie Loan
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Ichigo 100%
    Devil May Cry

The only one Im confused about is elfen lied whihc to me was boring, I watched like 3 eps and got bored so I stopped, mabey it gets better later er somethin, anyway good post man later
  • Yeah I like anime's very much but I'm not obsessed (video games have my obsession but then again who on here isn't obsessed with video games) But my top 3 are that you must check out might not be the most original but they are amazing so check them out

3. Bleach
    2. FullMetal Alchemist
    1. Gundam Seed/ Gundam Seed Destiny

They are awesome and check them out!!!
    Kingman

P.S Might want to check out Ghost in the Shell as well
  • Kagone said:
    You could say that Im anime fan.

So here is my top 3 ^_^

3. Claymore (ongoing)
    2. Death Note
    1. Elfen Lied

Currently watching:
    Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden
    Claymore
    Zombie Loan
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Ichigo 100%
    Devil May Cry

I've been meaning to start watching Claymore.
    I was a huge Death note fan... [spoiler:24ba238235]finally a series that had the balls to kill the main character.[/spoiler:24ba238235]

P.S: also nice to see yet another Finn on the forums

KV
  • kenkaze said:
    [quote=Kagone]You could say that Im anime fan.

So here is my top 3 ^_^

3. Claymore (ongoing)
    2. Death Note
    1. Elfen Lied

Currently watching:
    Bleach
    Naruto Shippuden
    Claymore
    Zombie Loan
    Kage Kara Mamoru
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Ichigo 100%
    Devil May Cry

I've been meaning to start watching Claymore.
    I was a huge Death note fan... finally a series that had the balls to kill the main character.

P.S: also nice to see yet another Finn on the forums

KV[/quote]

Aww, shouldn't have spoiled the ending for people who haven't seen it yet. D= But, oh well. Death Note is awesome, but if you heard the dubs of it, it sounds horrible.

Anyway...

1. Death Note
    2. Hellsing
    3. Bleach (I guess...)
  • im a big anime fan, my top 3 has to be
    FMA
    Elfen lied
    Basilisk

im currently watching naruto shinpuden and bleach as well as kaze no stigma, for those of you who likes edath note also check out the devil may cry anime, its made by the same ppl that made death note, and good suber is Kuro-hana fansubs.

o and i always wanted to ask someone about this.. so here it is.
    i watched evangelion neo genesist last summer, i watched it all the way to the end and never understood what the point of the whole this was... i mean they spent all their time trying to kill these so called "angels" but in the last episode, nothign was really explained and they just spewed out a buch oh philosophical mummble jummble which i didnt understand, so can some one shine some light on that please. thanks
  • DingoEgret said:

i watched evangelion neo genesist last summer, i watched it all the way to the end and never understood what the point of the whole this was... i mean they spent all their time trying to kill these so called "angels" but in the last episode, nothign was really explained and they just spewed out a buch oh philosophical mummble jummble which i didnt understand, so can some one shine some light on that please. thanks

That sir is what I like to call an Inuyasha ending. where at the end of the series absolutely nothing is resolved

KV
  • Okay guys check out these shows

-Desert Punk (Sunabozu)
    -Full Metal Panic
    -Outlaw Star
    -Cowboy Bebop
    -Trigun
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -FLCL
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Some of these have been on Adult Swim but I haven't watched them on that program.
  • I like all the recommendations on this thread.
    I just wish my plate wasn't so full already so that I could go back to the buffet.
  • kenkaze said:
    [quote=DingoEgret]

That sir is what I like to call an Inuyasha ending. where at the end of the series absolutely nothing is resolved

KV[/quote]

Both Neon Genesis and Inuyasha end that way and pisses me off. Okay, Inuyasha just had the bad ending but Evangelion was all kinds of fucked up. After they meet Asuka the whole show takes a dump on itself.
  • oh yeah i forgot about the inuyash ending, when i first saw it, i was like wtf this cant be an ending... the final boss they defeted was a stupid stone troll thing? after all the build up, the power ups nothign happens at the end, its like the animators just ran out of money and decided to cut it off and call it an ending.
  • Bleach, FMA, Naruto/shippuden, Dragonball/Z/(gt not so good) are the main one I watch. I loved the fma story so much. I watched death note but got bored around ep 20-21 when well you know. As for the futuristic style anime I never really got in to it. I personally don't like the whole I'm in a robot your in a robot lets fight(just my opinion).
  • JackBauer707 said:
    Okay guys check out these shows

-Desert Punk (Sunabozu)
    -Full Metal Panic
    -Outlaw Star
    -Cowboy Bebop
    -Trigun
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -FLCL
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Some of these have been on Adult Swim but I haven't watched them on that program.

I got most of those series on my comp but havent seen them yet, so maybe I should watch them. 8)

btw Tenjho Tenge seems like a nice show too (I forgot it from my Currently watching list :oops: ).
  • Kagone said:
    [quote=JackBauer707]Okay guys check out these shows

-Desert Punk (Sunabozu)
    -Full Metal Panic
    -Outlaw Star
    -Cowboy Bebop
    -Trigun
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -FLCL
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

I got most of those series on my comp but havent seen them yet, so maybe I should watch them. 8)

btw Tenjho Tenge seems like a nice show too (I forgot it from my Currently watching list :oops: ).
    [/quote]

Yeah, I've been meaning to watch that soon. I believe I first saw it on an AMV before. Oh, also I watch Trigun, can't believe I forgot about that one.
  • Not really a fan but i saw all episodes of Death Note and FMA :)
  • i just like dragon ball z or otherwise known as DRUGS AND PILLS E but you have to think dragon ball z has references to drugs alot the beans to get u stronger (roids)
    piccollo(dealer) and everyone else is like on drugs and shit its funny me and my buddies were talking about how it has drgu refernces alot but i dont like anime that much
  • In gaming parlance I'm what you might call a casual anime watcher. Cowboy Beebop is pretty good, although I've only seen a few episodes, and I'm currently working my way through Fullmetal Alchemist which is really good.
  • Top 8:
    -Fruits Basket
    -Wolf's Rain
    -Trigun
    -Ghost in the Shell
    -Cowboy Bebop
    -His and Her Circumstance
    -Last Exile
    -Egro Proxy
  • I liked DBZ in 3rd or 4th grade...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week