PAX Planning Thead
  • It's simple ... what would you all like to see changed or added to your NoobToob/PAX experience? Let us have it!
  • i mentioned before about the gameworks party, i see sega renting it out again meaning i think there should be a different plan for sat. night.
  • I agree that the meet up spots need to be preplanned so we can get as many members as possible to show up. Where we go from there can be spontaneous.
  • Crossplay said:
    I agree that the meet up spots need to be preplanned so we can get as many members as possible to show up. Where we go from there can be spontaneous.

We're going to get as much planned before we go as we can - I encourage everyone that is going to bring their smart phones with a Twitter app on it as its very handy for last minute changes etc.

Perhaps having a very loose itinerary ready to go with the official stuff outlined might be helpful as well.
  • gilligan said:
    i mentioned before about the gameworks party, i see sega renting it out again meaning i think there should be a different plan for sat. night.

We're thinking of stuff for Saturday - though last year Elephant Bar seemed to work out pretty well
  • Kaidfather said:
    We're thinking of stuff for Saturday - though last year Elephant Bar seemed to work out pretty well

Yeah i missed that because i lost my phone on Thu and didn't get a replacement until Mon.
    If it was planned from the beginning i would have been there.
  • Not sure of the best spot to do it. But it might help to do an update of twitter I.d's so people don't have to search a #every time they check their phone
  • I'm sure when Kaid makes his "Official PAX Roll Call" thread, he can include Twitter names.
  • I sorta liked the casual feel we had last year. After spending all day in a crowded hall, it's nice to spread out, relax, and drink myself into relaxation in a casual atmosphere.

That aside, I enjoyed the pizza party we had in the game room. It was great to meet people and hang out. It wasn't very crowded in that area. I'd like to see this return. (The pizza was good too)

Also, having been to Gameworks, I can say it's not as great as the hype is. It's just a big arcade. That's all. If we're going to be there when it's late, dark, and crowded, it's going to be lame. If it's a must, maybe schedule it on a day when crowds are down, like Sunday? The timing is bad, but the chaos will be low. That's my suggestion there.
  • Might not be the best place to post this, but is anyone willing to buddy up with me in a hotel room? Of course, I'd pay my share of the nightly rate. We don't have an official thread for this sort of thing otherwise I would have posted in that, but I was suggested to post my query in here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week