Dragon's Dogma News Thread
  • http://www.capcom.co.jp/DD/
    No other info on the page yet, other than a timer and what appears to be a dragon's silhouette.

The countdown timer ends in about 7 days, which is when Capcom's Captivate event ends.

So what do you guys think it is?
    I'm thinking it could be a sequel to Capcom's Dungeons & Dragons arcade games from the 90's, which were pretty fun.

Dragon's Dogma!

It actually looks pretty fun, read all about it here: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/12/dragons-dogma/

Be sure to check the official site as well. :)
  • Please be a new Breath of Fire for PS3/360. I looked on wikipedia and the only other title in their arsenal with the initials DD is Darkwing Duck >_>.
  • Rumour mill is saying "Dragon's Dogma", a new IP.

I hope it's a reference to the cup size of the new female lead character.
  • Dare devil? or dust devil

or Double D avenger the game!
  • I guess Capcom did not make the Vampire D game or something? I would not mind Capcom re jumping is arcade ban wagon.
  • Darkstalkers? (Wishful thinking)
  • raskit said:
    Please be a new Breath of Fire for PS3/360. I looked on wikipedia and the only other title in their arsenal with the initials DD is Darkwing Duck >_>.

I would murder all of you for any thing new Darkwing Duck related.

Now knowing Capcom chances are it is one of there classics game's giving over to a 3rd tier western developer that has no idea what the fuck they are doing (team Ninja with DMC talking about street art and making Dante an Emo douche.) so my guess it is Mega Man.

NOW it will be a Gears of War clone made by zynga.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    Rumour mill is saying "Dragon's Dogma", a new IP.

I hope it's a reference to the cup size of the new female lead character.

Dragon's Dogma seems to be right. A handful of sites are reporting that Capcom had registered the "Dragon's Dogma" trademark around the same time they registered Asura's Wrath, another one of their new IPs coming out in the future, and are just now getting ready to reveal it to the world.
  • [HIDE="It's Dragon Dragon"][video=youtube;6JMeKSjBYQY]
  • whatthefbomb said:
    Darkstalkers? (Wishful thinking)

Even though this is likely not a Darkstalkers game we're bound to get another one eventually, right?...Right?
  • I would like to see a D&D game but it is plausible that it is the new ip mid augst is when we should see it .
  • It is in fact Dragon's Dogma, which looks to be a game similar to Shadow of the Colossus in that you get to fight massive beasts that you can climb onto, but then there's also a more engaging and other fun stuff like magic and harpies with big tits.

Looks cool.

[youtube]ENFUV4ST1BM[/youtube]

[youtube]HvEqLNc9dOA[/youtube]
  • Capcom clearly wants all of my money.
  • Can has?

2short
  • Looks pretty damn good. Definitely picking this one up.
  • Will be keeping an eye on this.
  • Hmm glad to see capcom sticking their neck out with a new ip. DMC was new once, hopefully this title can be as legendary. Those pictures and the title gave me a feeling of Demon's Souls...
  • I just read an article about this game in Game Informer. I don't know how I let this one slide by me must be getting old...

On another note it seems to have the Shadows of the Colossus style of killing big giants but giving more open world RPG elements.

I like that your companions(known as "Pawns") inform you of enemies weaknesses and offer tactical advice. From what I read in the article it states that "The Pawns are in constant communication with the player through texts, which scroll by on the screen similarly to MMORPG chats, and audio feedback" but later in the article when referring to wandering NPCs it says "players can recruit many of these fully voiced characters to their cause". This has me a little confused. I assume that as a NPC they have normal NPC chatter like in any other RPG that is scripted audio but once recruited they communicate with you through text probably due to the many different things that could be said while a companion.

I believe the trailer said early 2012 and I don't have any games on my list for 2012 so this is the first.
  • Well thanks for bringing this game to my attention; Dragon's Dogma was well and truly off my radar, but no longer. Encouraged by the concept and interested to see what Capcom do with what looks to my eye to be classic high fantasy. I found a QA session with Kobayashi-san on Ustream, which was pretty revealing.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14340312
  • Capcom Unity is holding a contest where you can get to name a number of the characters that will appear in Dragon's Dogma! This list also includes names for pets, which I guess some could take as confirmation that there will be obtainable pets in the game.

Check it out here if you're interested:
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/05/18/dragons_dogma_contest:_help_us_name_game_characters
  • I just watched this video from kotaku and I realized in my last comment when I was talking about chatter coming from the companions that this video clearly has them yelling out strategic tips. So they will not be communicating via text which I thought was weird any way. I think I might have misunderstood what they were trying to say. They must have been trying to say that your companions communicate to you like those things in MMO's not by those things.

[Hide=Video from link][CENTER][youtube]3d3KsJ5O9yU[/youtube][/CENTER][/Hide]
  • [youtube][/youtube]
  • The more I see this more I really want to play it. Hopefully they'll have something at PAX to try! But that trailer looks beautiful!
  • so iv been checkin this game out, and it seems like Capcom took their monster hunter games, and gave them the thing that they needed most, a defined story with character development! lol,
    but in all seriousness it seems like Monster Hunter, Dragon Age, and just a touch of Demon / Dark souls. idk, kinda wondering if theres multiplayer / co-op.
  • HarmanSmile said:
    so iv been checkin this game out, and it seems like Capcom took their monster hunter games, and gave them the thing that they needed most, a defined story with character development! lol,
    but in all seriousness it seems like Monster Hunter, Dragon Age, and just a touch of Demon / Dark souls. idk, kinda wondering if theres multiplayer / co-op.

I'm looking forward to more previews on this game. I don't know enough about it yet, and some of the gameplay looks a little odd (the slight slowdown when you hit an enemy).
  • [video=youtube;6RZQJ43c86o]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week