Article: Episode #225 - 03/22/2010
  • Show Notes

[youtube]DR6kj82x8m4[/youtube]

----------

If you want to be featured on the next show, call us @ 888-233-8480 with a question (don't forget your name and where you're from), or send us an mp3 to [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email].

Please be sure to check out the Youtube page for the episode at the link above and please take some time to rate the video and leave a comment. This helps spread the word by getting us on the highest rated pages!
  • great show, i knew tobin would like bulletstorm, juvenile humor ne :p
    but wait no pixeljunk shooter 2?
  • Epke said:
    great show, i knew tobin would like bulletstorm, juvenile humor ne :p
    but wait no pixeljunk shooter 2?

It's also a fantastic game! Bulletstorm that is.
  • Good to see you guys back, thanks for the show. A couple points that I thought I would share as I have played a bunch of the games discussed as well.

Bulletstorm: Single player is a hoot, definitely agree there. I find the multiplayer anarchy mode to be pretty fun and you have to be strategic once you hit some of the higher levels. This takes a bit of spark out of the action as you have to be careful not to waste a single kill, which in my eyes defeats the point of the whole skill kill system. Don't get me wrong, I have had fun in the Anarchy mode but I do not see it having the same staying power as Horde mode. Now the score attack mode is a different story. With leaderboards and challenges it feels like SEGA's "The Club" which is a good thing. The Club rules.

Stacking: I like what Double Fine is doing with their downloadable titles. Wondering what your guys' thoughts on Trenched are?

deBlob 2: De Blob definitely is bubble wrap. Pretty, beautiful bubble wrap. I managed to play through most of the game (who knows how) but it became boring pretty quickly. It didn't have a carrot on the end of the stick, and thus no reason to continue playing. I was definitely unmotivated to paint the city with my blob but it was a good game to have in the background when I was doing something else at my desk. The level design is the strong point and I like the swapping from 2d to 3d but there is just not enough of a game there to make it worth it. Too easy, this game is fo babie.

MvC3: Yuzo, giving up on the fighting games already? Even with the fancy stick you bow out this early? I for one do not play fighting games as much as many of my friends but it is a hoot to hop on with noobtoobers and just muck about. You will learn, you will have fun, just don't go online with randoms unless you want to put the time and effort in. If you don't have the time to invest, just play casually with the rest of us on the forums. If you retire the stick, it is definitely a shame.
  • Good to have the show back. Bulletstorm is now on my fifteen dollar list. Looks like the workstorm coincided with kz3 and lbp2. Too bad, but work is work. I certainly prefer them passing those up, rather than the one hour of play driveby they gave the previous versions. I know tobin will get to pjs2 and love it.
  • So nice to see you guys back! The internet is boring without you guys.

Also, I'm shocked Yuzo didn't like Marvel vs Capcom 3. At of all the fighting games to make Yuzo go "thumbs up buy," I thought it would be this one. Then again he had a good point; fighting games are great with buddies around.
  • ; said:

i bet tobin can't wait for ps move heroes
  • Hey Skulduggery, Im also a Huge Fan of Skulduggery Pleasant. They are beast
  • ; said:

i know have you read death bringer yet?
  • skulduggery pleasant said:
    i bet tobin can't wait for ps move heroes

its already out and shitty as ever!thanks 4 ruining my childhood heroes 4 me sony!really appreciate it!
    well at least i still have crash link and snake!
  • somaliangangsterpuff said:
    its already out and shitty as ever!thanks 4 ruining my childhood heroes 4 me sony!really appreciate it!

SHHHH!!!! Don't say anymore names, they might hear you *looks around him*.
    i know have you read death bringer yet?

Death Bringer is now one of my favourites
  • crash is fuckin awesome
  • can you believe skulddugery is lord vile?
    can you believe skulddugery is lord vile?

Heeey buddy, it might be worth starting a separate Skulduggery Pleasant thread in the Media section rather than clogging up a show thread with discussion of plot points from the books.

EDIT: I've also just noticed that your two posts are within minutes of each other - don't do that, use the edit function instead.
  • i don't know how to start a thread
    i don't know how to start a thread

Really? Despite having two blog posts to your name? I honestly can't tell if you're joking so do this:

1a. Go to the Media Discussion section
    1b. Have a look at the other threads in the Media section, get a feel for the type of things that are talked about in there
    2. Click on the big red button that says 'Post New Thread'
    3. Set your thread title to something along the lines of "Skulduggery Pleasant is awesum!!!1!!eleven!" (well, maybe not exactly those words ;) )
    4. Write a nice long intro to Skulduggery Pleasant for those that don't know the series, ask some questions of fans of the series to encourage discussion, maybe post some links to wikipedia entries that explain the world of SP etc etc
    5. Sit back, watch the posts flow in, take part in the thread to keep it moving
    6. ???
    7. Profit!

There. You now have the power of creating threads. Use it wisely and sparingly, no one likes a thread spammer :) .
    i don't know how to start a thread

Pro Tips For Posting Threads and Replies SHAZAM!!
    This will be helpful to you too :D
  • puff said:

well apart from the fact snake is dead ,crash's games are now a piece of shit but at least link is still going strong
    well apart from the fact snake is dead

Snake isn't dead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week