Minecraft: Speed Build! Beta

Date: 03/04/2011 (dd/mm/yyyy)
    Time: 22:00 GMT (Convert to your time: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/)
    Duration: Two Hours
    Player Count: 5
    Team Members:

SgtWaffles
    the_one_b

Reserves:

Hey all,
    So As the details above state this event will take place next Saturday. What is the event about and what do you do? All your questions will be answered in this event brief!

Speed Build is an interesting game mode that I came up with where basically you give a team of players a bunch of kit and they then have two hours to build whatever it is they want in a set build area. The build area will be designated by a surronding bedrock wall, the construction MUST be built within the perimeter set by this wall and must not overlap or go over it, if it does your construction will have an automatic rating of 1. Initial gear will be provided via pre-placed chests in a Spawn Storehouse and the team will have to make do with these resources and whatever they can scavenge within the game zones area.

It's all based on teamwork and at the end of the Two Hours the server will be stopped, with prior warning of course, I will then Screenshot (Or maybe video) the construction and post it here. Then it is up to the community to rate the construction using the rating 1-10 (1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest) after a day or so the time to rate will end and the ratings will be averaged.
    Each week or so (Depends on how popular the event is) a new team will take up the challange and over time we shall have a leaderboard of teams (You can come up with the team names) and after a period of time a team will be awarded the title of Greatest Speed Build Team.

So is there any brave Minecrafting souls who wish to take up this challange? Places are limited with only 5 people per team so first come first served, Groups brought together prior to posting thier interest are welcome. So if you can get 5 people post thier names here. Failing that anyone who does not turn up 15 minutes before the event starts in ventrillo will lose thier place to people in the Reserves (If you don't have a mic you still need to be in the ventrillo channel). This ensures we get 5 people every time and keeps it fair.

NOTE: I will save the construction in its own file so if you want your construction I can send you the world file, since i will be destroying the construction after each event to save me building the start area over and over again.

Ok so hopefully this event brief is coherent enough and if it is not feel free to ask any questions here. I look forward to hearing from you all!
  • A thought on this.. I saw around the youtubes a group of people do this , they set up a player really high up kinda overseeing the whole area and made a timelapse video of the build area. Kinda neat.
  • I'm in. It's at 7 a.m. for me, which is fine. I'll just have to get to sleep early on friday :P
  • Ok added you to the list SgtWaffles.

You up for it with your shiny working system Mr Smokes?
    And the recording thing sounds nifty if I can work out how time lapse recording would work.
  • it sounds great eidelon... Do we get to make plans before the event?.. Can we know how big the build area is? And how many blocks will we get, how many kinds?

i dont know if you want to give these details away but i have been thinking about what can be done already.
  • I dont mind hopping on and being the "camera" and recording it all , i'll just stand still and be in chat I guess..
  • steve121234 said:
    it sounds great eidelon... Do we get to make plans before the event?.. Can we know how big the build area is? And how many blocks will we get, how many kinds?

i dont know if you want to give these details away but i have been thinking about what can be done already.

I'll have the size of the build area posted a day or two before the event, still working on getting it all set. Blocks and what kinds? Well thats for people to find out when they play, since it means that you really do have to work together and get a plan together based on what you have and what you can scavenge in the area.

SmokestormX said:
    I dont mind hopping on and being the "camera" and recording it all , i'll just stand still and be in chat I guess..

May well take you up on that Mr Smokes.

On a new note Im downsizing the team sizes to 5 an event, since I think it may well be difficult to get 10 people on at once. But if someone puts a 10 man team forward I may have to reconsider again.
  • Dam I hate that these great events always happens when I'm at work will you be holding it on other days or always saturdays cause I would like to join but if its always on saturdays I can't do it
  • Guywhodies said:
    Dam I hate that these great events always happens when I'm at work will you be holding it on other days or always saturdays cause I would like to join but if its always on saturdays I can't do it

Yep if it goes ahead it will be bi-weekly or something hopefully.
  • Ok well a quick note though most of you would of guessed as much by now, but the event did not take place yesterday. Didn't have enough people for the event to take place Im a friend apologies to those who wanted to do the event. And I will reschedule the event for the same time next week, see if we can get the numbers by then for it to take place.
  • I'll jump in on this action. I wanted to post before the event but forgot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week