New NooBTooB website
  • Welcome all to the new NooBTooB website!

Please post any bug reports here in this thread. If you're unsure on how to use the new software, you can post your queries in here too to get them answered.

Login with your old accounts. A lot of data has been migrated.

I hope you all enjoy the new features and this update. It's a working progress with integration with the wiki, facebook and lolcats still down, but I just wanted to get this out there.

Avatars size allowance is actually 100x100px and profile pics can be up to 200x200px. Signature images can span 600x150px.

The UGC section is largely down, but the backbone and user end of it is up. All you see now is about a third of what's to come.

Should you have any problems, this thread is the best place to get yourself sorted. Feel free to contact any admin or moderator for something more urgent, however this thread is still the best place for you to get the quickest solutions. If the site implodes, please contact me directly via email with the "Contact Us" page located at the bottom right of every page.

For now, to get everybody over here we're redirecting from the old /forum/. The old forum will have its posting and private messaging abilities disable but then it will sit there to be archived. This way, we don't break any (wiki) links to old threads and anybody who wishes to, can always log in and trundle about for the nostalgia.
  • Test post.

<-- Ignore my broken signature.
  • Please also put all feedback for the new site here. We will take everything into consideration as much as we can. And don't bother about the Shoutbox.
  • I would like to recommend that people no longer use a gamertag as a sig since putting your info in settings will make you be able to see the information easily every time you post. Also if you feel comfortable enough maybe for that profile picture use a real picture of yourself. just sayin'
  • Awesome stuff Slothy <3<br />
    EDIT: PM'd the bug instead.

Aw >_< can't PM you Sloth as your inbox has reached its limit.
  • Hm. Is the blue/white skin the correct one or is there s custom one? And what exactly are the new features I should be checking out?
  • raskit said:
    Awesome stuff Slothy <3<br />

You should be letting us know in this thread. See if you can view those forums again, I've made some changes.
  • killswitch423 said:
    Hm. Is the blue/white skin the correct one or is there s custom one? And what exactly are the new features I should be checking out?

This is correct, we will be tweaking it once we get all the members and forums taken care of as that is a priority one. Visual effects are not as important yet. You will see new features as you use the forums. It'll take us all a bit to get accustomed to things but it will work out well.
  • Sunflower said:
    You should be letting us know in this thread. See if you can view those forums again, I've made some changes.

Still can see them. Your inbox is also full btw.
  • raskit said:
    Awesome stuff Slothy <3<br />

If you click the Contact Us button at the bottom of the forum you can report it there and Sloth will see it.

killswitch423 said:
    Hm. Is the blue/white skin the correct one or is there s custom one? And what exactly are the new features I should be checking out?

It is the correct one for the time being, we are making concepts currently as to what we want it to look like it at the end. New features will be continuously added as we go along, but so far, blogs, the profile stuff, and the gamertag stuff is what we have finished. This more like new soil for us, with the old forum we had pretty much grown every plant in it we could, there was nothing more we could do to it or add to it, with this new forum we have totally fresh soil for us to add new shit and do more stuff.
  • I want Join Date, Posts, and Post Count to be removed from beneath a user's avatar. It's too much vertical padding and will often end up being longer (in lines it takes up) than a users' post.
    Spoiler:

Also; I don't know if this is possible but now that we are kinda starting anew, can we make it, somehow, so it's possible to label "Spoilers" as something other than Spoiler? So it's like:
          <div class=\"UserSpoiler\"><div class=\"SpoilerTitle\">Spoiler: <span>my dick</span></div><div class=\"SpoilerReveal\"></div><div class=\"SpoilerText\">[img]mydick.jpg[/img]</div></div>
    and where it usually says "Spoiler" it'd say "my dick"? That would be way groovy.

Additionally; Under Steam Community ID it says "Please center your Gamertag here."
  • I like this wide layout; finally making use of my 16:10 monitor, rather than having the thin column in the middle. Excited to see the development of the new forums. :cool: Also trying to figure out my signature stuff; I uploaded the picture directly but now the resolution looks really off, but that could simply be something on my end (which, by the looks of other peoples' sigs, it is. Edit: Guess I'll be using my old sig for now).
  • Maxim said:
    I want Join Date, Posts, and Post Count to be removed from beneath a user's avatar. It's too much vertical padding and will often end up being longer (in lines it takes up) than a users' post.
    Spoiler:

Also; I don't know if this is possible but now that we are kinda starting anew, can we make it, somehow, so it's possible to label "Spoilers" as something other than Spoiler? So it's like:
          <div class=\"UserSpoiler\"><div class=\"SpoilerTitle\">Spoiler: <span>my dick</span></div><div class=\"SpoilerReveal\"></div><div class=\"SpoilerText\">[img]mydick.jpg[/img]</div></div>
    and where it usually says "Spoiler" it'd say "my dick"? That would be way groovy.

Additionally; Under Steam Community ID it says "Please center your Gamertag here."

Hmm, I agree with what you are saying, however, looking back at a previous post it seems there is a gap between my post and my sig, yet my post goes past the user data so it can't be that causing the gap, or at least as much of a gap. It shall be looked into.
  • Maxim said:

Fixed!

Maxim said:
    can we make it, somehow, so it's possible to label "Spoilers" as something other than Spoiler? So it's like: <div class=\"UserSpoiler\"><div class=\"SpoilerTitle\">Spoiler: <span>my dick</span></div><div class=\"SpoilerReveal\"></div><div class=\"SpoilerText\">[img]mydick.jpg[/img]</div></div> and where it usually says "Spoiler" it'd say "my dick"? That would be way groovy.

Done! Examples of available BBCode to follow...

====================================================

Full list BBCodes available for use

[center]Center this text BBCode gods![/center]
    [center]Center this text BBCode gods![/center]

I know something you don't know!
    Spoiler:
    You still don't know anything. Sucker!

<div class=\"UserSpoiler\"><div class=\"SpoilerTitle\">Spoiler: </div><div class=\"SpoilerReveal\"></div><div class=\"SpoilerText\">You still dont' know anything. Sucker!</div></div>

[hide="Maxim's dick"]You need help.[/hide]
    [hide=\"Maxim's dick\"]You need help.[/hide]

[youtube]Y-sCGm-ObFU[/youtube]
    [youtube]Y-sCGm-ObFU[/youtube]

[gamercard]wtrswoopes[/gamercard]
    [gamercard]wtrswoopes[/gamercard]
  • Nice. Whole new sandbox, I suppose. Can't wait to see the finished product.
  • wtrswoopes said:

Spoiler: Maxim's dick
    You are sick!

That's not quite what I meant. I would like the text to replace the word spoiler, so it's no longer marked as a spoiler. The reason being that more often than not, people just use spoiler tags to hide images in threads to save space instead of filling up the thread with images that people can't hide when they just want to read the thread. So instead of people thinking there are spoilers in the tag, people can just label the drop down box as "A picture of a puppy playing in flowers" or whatever is in there.
  • It's displaying join date as the default birthday, just a heads up. Also this interface is kind of clunky and a little broken (siggy images don't work!).
    Finally, noobie stats are busted up!

Cheers,
    Colt 45 J
  • This is pretty classy stuff.

A few questions: Are we getting our old Noobie counts back? Don't care when or if, I'm just curious. I'm also curious as to the future of the Coordinator programs, but I'm sure that will be all smoothed over once things settle in.

Everything seems really nice and upcoming. The inter-connectedness of everything is really nice looking.

It seems that in life Change is always resisted and not wanted, but this change is deffinitely looking good!
  • Blogs + walls on profile = YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs
  • I like it and I don't like it! Great work though getting it up!!
  • It offers to register me in the user panel up top even though I'm logged in
  • Is this a downgrade or an upgrade to the site? alot of the forums i visit have turned into this exact layout.

Also, are missing Noobies going to be re-given or are they going to be forgotten about?
  • Oh and gamertags/IDs and shit on the side of posts is coolio.
  • Its an upgrade trust us you can't do as much with the database and forum we had before.
    Noobies are still up in the air
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Oh and gamertags/IDs and shit on the side of posts is coolio.

I agree.

Now that I've seen it, I also really like that Quote links to the post that is being quoted. All in all, I'm loving a lot of the features the new site has.
    Is there somewhere I can edit my default text formatting if I'd like the font of my posts to default to Century Gothic?
  • I would love to have your user defined font set by default by all posts. So if someone can find a vBulletin mod for that please point me in the right direction. I looked earlier, but wasn't able to find anything.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week