Episode #222 - 02/07/2011
  • Show Notes

[center:f6f82b7d84]

[/center:f6f82b7d84]
    ----------

If you want to be featured on the next show, call us @ 888-233-8480 with a question (don't forget your name and where you're from), or send us an mp3 to [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email].

Please be sure to check out the Youtube page for the episode at the link above and please take some time to rate the video and leave a comment. This helps spread the word by getting us on the highest rated pages!

As always, you can subscribe to the show in iTunes so you can get it as soon as we push it out.

Subscribe to the Audio version

Subscribe to the Video version
  • Finally :P
    because i wanted to reply on your reasons for not liking Bulletstorm , and i say it is a bunch of Hogwash! For example i play (the totally awesome game) Bad company 2, it is about kill ratio and points, i suck at it , but it's fun.
    Same with Bulletstorm, i play it the way i want, i probably wont get 12000 points by getting all the combo's but if it is fun, who cares!

It feels only like work, if you play the game like that.

And that's the bottom line because Epke said so (i mean it is my opinion)
  • While I think there is certainly something to Epke's point, I think it depends on how much emphasis is put on the scoring. Bulletstorm really seems (I haven't played it) to go for the CRAZY-MEGA-KILLZORX scoring, while BC2 is just awesome when you play with other people and you can enjoy the battlefield experience without worrying about your score. (Though, I don't have to worry about my score cause I am awesome at the game :D)
    It's a really interesting how a certain game design element can put unwanted psychological pressure on you. Achievements can do that too.
    I wonder if maybe they'll include some option to turn of the scoring. There are many score heavy games that feature a "sandbox" gamemode.

Also, just a little recommendation that I am sure you guys would enjoy. Check out the SpaceChem demo (the demo has like 1/3rd of the game, its great). It's this puzzle game where you combine molecules using timed steps and processes. It's really neat and gets super hard. And it's addictive.
    http://www.spacechemthegame.com/
  • [ironic] Bulletstorm is the greatest game on Earth, you play it wrong :!: [/ironic]

:lol:
  • I think Tobin and Yuzo's problem is they didn't realize the game demo was set not in the story mode but in a challenge mode where the focus is the score attack. Also, I don't understand what having a bonus flare of challenge of those who choose to want it is a problem. Its optional you continue on the game without facilitating a need for a score.
  • MixedUpzombies said:
    I think Tobin and Yuzo's problem is they didn't realize the game demo was set not in the story mode but in a challenge mode where the focus is the score attack.

It's the same thing, each story mission has a score you earn based on your performance in each story level. If you didn't earn a score in the story what would be the point of the trick shot's if only for fun the first handful of times you did them.
  • If it's true you need the points to power up gear/abilities or whatever then they very much matter in the single player campaign too, don't they?

I have to agree with T&Y on the demo, it did absolutely nothing for me. I played through it once and even halfway through the demo I was bored with it. Some of the videos I've seen (like the bosses for example) look like a ton of fun so I'm thinking I will do the same as Tobin and just grab it to blast through the single player, but to be honest the demo turned me off the game a lot. I totally agree that I do not want to be FORCED to do a 20 move combo on every single enemy in the game lest I get given the "you suck noob-tits" rating and be unable to get any upgrades for my stuff. That sounds exactly like work and the opposite of fun to me.

I hope the single player campaign has nothing to do with the demo. Oh how I hope.
  • Chip said:
    If you didn't earn a score in the story what would be the point of the trick shot's if only for fun the first handful of times you did them.

I just said you earned a score but it didn't stop your progress in the game.
  • Personally i think bulletstorm is brilliant. The skills shotsbfor some reason never get old to me, it's just so fun sliding into an enemy and shooting his head off, or even shooting an enemy in the balls and kicking his head off!
  • Bulletstorm=Awsome a very tobin game

wheres the new episode?
  • Bulletstorm also rewards headshots and the like, which is why I don't mind the scoring system so much.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week