Episode #217 - 01/04/2011
  • Show Notes

[center:3d47b0edad]

[/center:3d47b0edad]
    ----------

If you want to be featured on the next show, call us @ 888-233-8480 with a question (don't forget your name and where you're from), or send us an mp3 to [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email].

Please be sure to check out the Youtube page for the episode at the link above and please take some time to rate the video and leave a comment. This helps spread the word by getting us on the highest rated pages!

As always, you can subscribe to the show in iTunes so you can get it as soon as we push it out.

Subscribe to the Audio version

Subscribe to the Video version
  • great show but only 30minutes? :(
    And never, never again compare miyazaki to disney or ......
  • I loved ME2, and it was my goty, but I think that its neglect in the Yuzo or Tobin lists (or even an honourable mention) may have influenced more people to vote for it.

Also, Yuzo, can you (or anyone that has read it) tell me if you wer talking about the james ellroy books? I am just about to finish Dune (audiobook) and I need something to keep me busy while I am doing inane tasks (like jogging off my xmas belly).
  • Epke said:

Yup, it was horrible to hear that.
    And I am little disappoint , in my opinion most of these games don't deserve their title. ME2 for example, really? There were many games better than this one.
    Where's Vanquish, Bayonetta? Fragile Dreams(story, story, story),, Heavy Rain :(
    Oh well, happy that Layton made TOP1.
  • Scirm said:
    [quote=Epke]

Yup, it was horrible to hear that(if we are talking about modern Disney. Because old one was great. On the other hand, it is hard to compare these two. Miyazaki's work is faaaar different).
    And I am little disappointed, in my opinion most of these games don't deserve their title. ME2 for example, really? There were many games better than this one.
    Where's Vanquish, Bayonetta? Fragile Dreams(story, story, story),, Heavy Rain :(
    Oh well, happy that Layton made TOP1.[/quote]
  • ME2 is amazing, make sure you get all the DLC, Lair of the shadow broker and Overlord are really good.
  • I didn't like ME 2 and I am very disappointed that Civilization V didn't make the top10. :(
  • Scirm said:
    [quote=Epke]

Yup, it was horrible to hear that.
    And I am little disappoint , in my opinion most of these games don't deserve their title. ME2 for example, really? There were many games better than this one.
    Oh well, happy that Layton made TOP1.[/quote]

ahahahaha Heavy Rain? Well that's the nice thing about opinions, everyone's allowed one....and yours is insane! Heh. All in good fun.

ME2 resonated huge with a lot of people. Can't fault it for that. Bayonetta on the other hand is best left in the garbage. ;)
  • Sunflower said:

ahahahaha Heavy Rain? Well that's the nice thing about opinions, everyone's allowed one....and yours is insane! Heh. All in good fun.

ME2 resonated huge with a lot of people. Can't fault it for that. Bayonetta on the other hand is best left in the garbage. ;)

And that is the reason why I love noobtoob, maaany opinions ;]
    For me HR was better than ME2. Story was more intriguing. The best thing in the ME2 was music, Wall is just amazing.
  • It was funny, and yet not too surprising, to see Blops on both best and worst of lists. Any game with that size scope and audience reach is going to garner mixed reactions. And the CoD community tends to be a very vocal bunch, which usually causes a very vocal reaction in the other direction.

I may not like the game but I certainly didn't think it was the most disappointing or the worst. However I can understand the reaction.

Also yeah for Mass Effect 2!! :D
  • OboeCrazy said:
    It was funny, and yet not too surprising, to see Blops on both best and worst of lists. Any game with that size scope and audience reach is going to garner mixed reactions. And the CoD community tends to be a very vocal bunch, which usually causes a very vocal reaction in the other direction.

I may not like the game but I certainly didn't think it was the most disappointing or the worst. However I can understand the reaction.

Also yeah for Mass Effect 2!! :D

To be honest I thought it would be worse. It seems like a pretty good game. I think the negative reaction is just because people need to hate something mainstream.

Also, I'm now stalking you on twitter.
  • matlynch said:
    Also, Yuzo, can you (or anyone that has read it) tell me if you wer talking about the james ellroy books? I am just about to finish Dune (audiobook) and I need something to keep me busy while I am doing inane tasks (like jogging off my xmas belly).

Yup! Start with this book in the series:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Dahlia-James-Ellroy/dp/0446674362

So awesome.. really gritty stuff. Also avoid the movie of Black Dahlia, though I have to say LA Confidential is one of my favorites (i.e. the third book).

Epke said:

[/quote]

My comparison isn't something I believe in, but more describing what a lot of people say (i.e. Miyazaki is the Japanese Disney). Honestly I think Miyazaki kicks Disney's ass, but whatever :)

Yw

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week