PSP Games - must buy?
  • I will get a PSP in near future so I wonder what I should buy?

For now I know that I will buy:
    LBP
    P3P
    Loco Roco
    KH: Birth by Sleep and Valkyria Chronicles II.

What else?
  • I don't have a PSP but I would get Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Its a good game. Very good looking, 3 stories to play through and fun gameplay.

And if your a Disgaea fan then you could pick up Disgaea 2 :D
  • My favourite psp game was gta chinatown wars.Gta liberty city stories and gta vice city stories are also great.But if you wan't online multyplayer you should buy medal of honor heroes 2.
  • I am now playing Final Fantasy VII:Crisis Core and really enjoying it.Seems like a great game so far,so you should definitely check it out.Other than that, I would say God Of War: Chains of Olympus . That's all from me,haven't played a lot of PSP games unfortunately.
  • Oh my god. It's been such a long time since I last played my psp, anyway here are some recommandation for you

:arrow: Patapon and Patapon 2: those games are addictives, have really cute graphics great songs and unique gameplay. I think everyone who owns a psp need this game. Oh and buy the way it should be REALLY cheap these day 20$ or lower each which is a pretty good deal if you ask me

:arrow: Mega Man X maverick hunter:If like me you are a fan of the old MMX than this is a no brainer. If not than read this

:arrow: I don't know if you like survival horror games or more pricisely the silent hill franchise but if you do Silent Hill Origins was a decent prequel to the first game

:arrow: Half-minute hero: 30 sec long RPG nough said. Perfect lenght for portable game. If you are still unsure than listen to tobin in ep 162 he sond much more convincing than I will ever be

:arrow: Metal gear solid portable ops: If you like MGS series as much as I do then this is the game for you. But if you are not already a fan maybe you won't like what yo get :S
  • I would also like to add

Lumines 2, Great game! played it on my friends psp. If you like puzzle games then you will play this for hours and hours to come.

If you like fighters like I do :p

- Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

-Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower,hey, its darkstalkers :D
    (psp is not the best way to play fighters but what the hell, still fun)

Monster Hunter? mabye, if your interested in grinding allot.
  • I was gonna troll you if you didn't have P3P on your list immediately (OK, not really).

Try out Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, I didn't find Portable Ops that much fun, and the AC!D series is definately a miss.

If you like pick up and play thinking games, try out echochrome. For a fighting game, get Dissidia.
  • There are a lot of quality PSP games (I own about 50 now), but I'll start with some of my favorites that are also older now and can be found dirt cheap. I'm glad you already plan on Birth by Sleep, it's great. Crisis Core is also worth a shot. Anyways...

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - A port of the PS1 classic. The best RPG on the system, in my opinion. Large, beautiful, and tough.
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection - With Tekken 6 out you can probably grab this really cheap. It's the best fighter on the handheld, bar none, with tons of content and great graphics.
    Ridge Racers 2 - The best racing game on the PSP. Looks great, handles great, and has great track vareity.
    Virtua Tennis 3/World Tour - This is the Virtua Tennis fan in me showing up, but for bite-sized sports it doesn't get any better. And these will be dirt cheap. The career mode is great.

Other solid games to consider that will all be uber cheap, too:

Dynasty Warriors
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    Bomberman
    Street Figher Alpha 3 Max
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    Fifa
    Fifa Street 2
    Killzone: Liberation
    Naruto Narutimate Portable
    Bleach Heat The Soul 3
    Dragonball Z: Shin Budokai
    Monster Hunter Freedom
    Monster Hunter Freedom 2
    Magic Sudoku
    Worms
    Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Initial D: Street Stage

Cheers!
  • I once had a psp and didn't really like the library of games, hence why I got rid of it.

I only really liked the GoW and GTA games on it. FF7 CC didn't really do it for me, really cool story but the game play and design was kind of meh.

Ever since I sold my psp a few more games have come up that have caught my interest.
    "Ys" series
    new GoW
    new Metal Gear
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
  • Lumines/II***
    MegaMan Maverick Hunter X
    Gitaroo Man Lives***
    Tekken Dark Resurrection
    Super Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    WipEout PULSE***
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker***
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII***
    Dissidia: Final Fantasy

~Super Hard Games~
    Action
    Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?***

Music
    DJ Max Fever****
    DJ Max Portable 3****
  • Thanks for responses, now I see I will have a lot to do :)
    I totally forgot about Peace Walker, of course it is must buy for me.
    But is there any games like Layton(I love this series, it is my TOP2)or Picross/3D?
  • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and FFT, definitely.

Neverland Card Battles.
    Loco Roco 2
    Phantasy Star Portable /2
    Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
    Jeanne D'Arc
  • I cannot believe it took me almost 2 years to grab PSP! But, it finally happend and I'm affraid I am addicted to Lumines. I love this game, it is so simple but I have fun as hell, also Patapon 3 main theme is too catchy, there is no way to get rid of it, ever! Now I have 3DS XL and PSP, for me this was always ultimate combo(PSV has only Gravity Rush, as for now I am not interested at all, but you know what they say, Greatness Awaits hehe ;) ).
    And there is one more thing good about PSP. Here, in Poland, Niny's games are expensive(50$ for NSMB, Nintendogs, LoZ:SS and so on), but sames for playstation.... :))

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week