The Walking Dead
  • A pretty cool original series that is new and airs. It talks about a post disaster era of survival. It has zombies and gore, I had to look away many times but it is suspenseful. Have you seen it? What do you think? You can watch it online or on Sundays I think.

Their website is
    http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/
  • Loved it. :D one of my most anticipated series of this year
  • got me interested, but i wont watch a show unless i catch it from the beginning.
    the website only has clips, not the first epidode.
  • ggurface said:
    A pretty cool original series that is new and airs. It talks about a post disaster era of survival. It has zombies and gore, I had to look away many times but it is suspenseful. Have you seen it? What do you think? You can watch it online or on Sundays I think.

Their website is
    http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

You've sold me because I can see it is an AMC show. I love Rubicon and Mad Men.
  • I saw the first couple episodes on Halloween and it seems pretty good. It was my first real experience of an AMC show as I'm one of the few to have seen Breaking Bad or Mad Men and now I have a better understanding of why people like their shows so much. However I have serious doubts this will be a series I will continue to follow because I feel that pop culture has become over saturated with zombies and I wasn't much of a fan of them to begin with.

P.S. Could someone please move this to Media Discussion?
  • I've been raving about the comic for years to my room mate who refuses to even touch a comic book. We watched the series premiere together and now she's hooked.
    I absolutely love the idea of an ongoing series that takes the source material seriously and doesn't skimp on the gore while maintaining the focus on the characters and their struggles. So, all in all... I liked it.
  • Just bought my season pass via iTunes. Downloaded the first episode already, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But I have been waiting for this show for quite some time.
  • Watched it and liked it, the only thing i don't understand is those survivors in the woods, no barricades of some sort?
  • Epke said:
    Watched it and liked it, the only thing i don't understand is those survivors in the woods, no barricades of some sort?

How far are you into it? I think they give a small explanation on that.
  • gilligan said:
    got me interested, but i wont watch a show unless i catch it from the beginning.
    the website only has clips, not the first epidode.

Same here Gilligan. In fact, I like to wait until the season is available on DVD. Then I rent it on Netflix and watch it from beginning to end. Otherwise, I would drive myself crazy waiting week to week for new episodes. I have not seen Walking Dead yet but I've heard very good things.
  • itstheletterfive said:
    [quote=Epke]Watched it and liked it, the only thing i don't understand is those survivors in the woods, no barricades of some sort?

How far are you into it? I think they give a small explanation on that.[/quote]

i have seen until the third episode
  • should this maybe be in media discussion?
  • watched the fourth episode
    [spoiler:44853418cb]about my point, well i told you so[/spoiler:44853418cb]
  • I watched the first episode on Hulu and it was good, not ground breaking, but good production values and all that for horror. I guess I will pick up the first season on Netflix, whenever that is. Looks like a nice show, but no reason to pay for TV, just wait and put it on the list.
  • This show has become the highlight of sunday nights for me and most of my coworkers. For me it's almost enough that it isn't another zombie comedy. I'm getting really sick of those.
  • Having read the comics, I can say the show is doing a great job of keeping true to the source material while also adding some elements that are necessary to keep a televised series running (for instance, the first 6 issues of the comics is quite literally almost nothing but dialogue at the camp site. Having 6 episodes of that wouldn't really work too well, I think).

I look forward to it every week. And, as someone who does know where the story is heading, I can safely say the best is yet to come.
  • Absolutely fantastic. Better on AMC's part than even Breaking Bad. I hate that there's only six episodes in the season. :(
  • Epke said:
    watched the fourth episode
    [spoiler:e7eb1a1b13]about my point, well i told you so[/spoiler:e7eb1a1b13]

I had the same thoughts. I think they had some cans strung up or something in order to make noise but:

[spoiler:e7eb1a1b13]didn't help much did it?[/spoiler:e7eb1a1b13]

Better than anything I've seen since Dead Set on T.V.
  • Aristotle007 said:
    I had the same thoughts. I think they had some cans strung up or something in order to make noise but:

Yeah, that and

[spoiler:be87a59274] they made a point about more people (food) being in the city rather then in the mountains. And also they did mention that eventually they'd make their way into the mountains[/spoiler:be87a59274]
  • Maybe Barricades is too much work for those lazy city dwellers at least i would have put up a lot of traps
  • Anyone else think the last episode was lacking quite a bit?

I think with it being such a short season, the last ep should have at least been a 90 minute one, like the first one was. Also the whole episode just seemed dull. I was really surprised because I've loved the rest of the show. But this episode just plain sucked!
  • My friend wont stop talking about it but I havent seen it yet. The way everyone goes on about it I really should. I fucking love zombies.

If they come out with season 1 on dvd sometime I will pick it up for sure :)
  • Audaciti said:
    I love fucking zombies.
    :o

:P
  • I just started watching because it suddenly got hyped on Facebook and Twitter this weekend.
    It's coolio so far!!!
  • I agree the finale was terrible :( such a shame. We have to wait such a long time for the second season now too arrrgh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week