Episode #017 - 10/31/2006
  • Welcome to the Halloween Episode! I'm back in the states but we're still doing Skype since I wasn't able to get to the studio. Hopefully the latency isn't as bad as last episode.

What'd you guys think? Did any of the PS3 games sound interesting?
  • gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd gran turismo hd. =[
  • F.E.A.R is one of the best FPS ever on the PC (review), but I don't own a 360 though so I do not know the differences between them. I will be picking up the expansion despite the fact it isn't as good as the original.

I guess I am lucky in the fact that I do not care about achievements and points on 360. I have played it quite a bit on friends 360 (Dead Rising mostly) and they really do not mean anything to me so I don't have that "Let's pick up crappy games for points" mentality a lot of people do.

How can you not like DMC? That series is one of the best action series ever. Granted, I am sure the PC version sucks unless you can use a controller (Don't know, I have all the console versions), but the series is amazingly fun. The third one is just as hard (possibly harder) than Ninja Gaiden on the XBox. So much so that if you die enough, it goes "Do you want to switch to easy mode" heh.

As far as PS3, White Knight Story, DMC4, Heavenly Sword are all ones I am following closely (in addition to FFXIII which isnt coming for awhile)
  • As far as the PS3 concerns , I have been keeping alot of tabs on that .
    For launch titles .. Heavenly Sword, Gundam ( you didnt play gundam ? WHY !??! ) , Motorstorm , Resistance and Ridge Racer 7 (incredible arcade speed ) all really appeal to me .
    Too bad my PS3 pre-order got abruptly cancelled when a certain company went out of business not all to long ago :?

Personally I dont mind much that the PS3`s joypad is essentially a dualshock with added features (tilt thing) . I like the dualshock and I can play with it`s analogues for a longer period of time unlike the 360 pad wich I get some hand pains after an hour or two .
    Tough I gotta admit I like the 360 pad`s analogue positioning better for reaction speed over the way the dualshocks are setup.

Yuzo mentioned picking up Powerstone collection on the PSP .
    If you played them on the Dreamcast and loved them then you wont be dissapointed with PSC on the PSP .
    PSC basicly is both Powerstone 1 and 2 (same graphics as the DC )with extra content on one UMD disc . It has incredible replay value as its just plain fun even against the CPU wich can be very challanging .
    Because Powerstone is a party game it`s no surprise that his title really shines in multiplayer tough and it fully supports game-sharing so that your friends dont have to have their own PSC UMD.

FEAR ... it was a blockbuster PC FPS hit .
    It does alot of things right for the single player , nice visuals , good storyline , cool weapons excellent ragdoll physics hehehe ooh and its really creepy .
    The multiplayer aspect can be fun , especially TDM .
    Make sure you play on a server that doesnt have more then 10 or 12 players .
    The MP maps in Fear tend to be small close counters , and usually server admins do 16 players on a map that really cant do more then 10 people making it a match based on luck then skill .

I actually played the demo on the 360 .
    Ewww .. ok first of all I`m a mouse/keyboard guy and FPS where i need to do things fast , I just dont like the analogue.
    Why doesnt every FPS have native mouse/keyboard support on next gen consoles with USB ports i dont know !
    But that aside .. the graphics arent as nice as on the PC .
    I may be just spoiled with my gaming rig :roll:
    But very bland textures , no anti-aliasing and lower poly models .

It`s still a cool FPS regardless of graphical difference.

In short : If you have the PC , play FEAR on the PC !
    If your only means for "next gen" is your 360 and you dont mind dual analogue FPS controls then by all means its a nice purchase .
    At the very least a great rent .
  • gwenster said:
    As far as the PS3 concerns , I have been keeping alot of tabs on that .
    For launch titles .. Heavenly Sword, Gundam ( you didnt play gundam ? WHY !??! ) ,

Man, every Gundam game I've ever played has been really, really terrible -- so I pretty much stayed away from the Gundam kiosk. It's like their track record for games is as bad as Dragonball Z games.

Who knows though, this one may be decent. The line was definitely the longest out of all the games there. Course, the japanese are _crazy_ for Gundams.

gwenster said:
    Yuzo mentioned picking up Powerstone collection on the PSP .
    If you played them on the Dreamcast and loved them then you wont be dissapointed with PSC on the PSP .
    PSC basicly is both Powerstone 1 and 2 (same graphics as the DC )with extra content on one UMD disc . It has incredible replay value as its just plain fun even against the CPU wich can be very challanging .
    Because Powerstone is a party game it`s no surprise that his title really shines in multiplayer tough and it fully supports game-sharing so that your friends dont have to have their own PSC UMD.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone else with a PSP and Tobin refuses to buy one so I don't think multiplayer will be in the cards for me with Powerstone. Still, I'll try and pick it up though it's gonna be tough to find any time to play with GH2 and GoW coming out this week :).

gwenster said:
    In short : If you have the PC , play FEAR on the PC !
    If your only means for "next gen" is your 360 and you dont mind dual analogue FPS controls then by all means its a nice purchase .
    At the very least a great rent .

I think I'll try and revisit both Fear and Devil May Cry 3 when the gaming doldroms hit in January. Right now there's way too many new things to play but there'll definitely be time 1Q of 2007.

I think some of the other PC games I'm missing like Sid Meirs Railroads and Sword of the Stars are gonna have to wait till then as well. Sigh, so many games to play, so little time.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week