WWE/TNA/Whatever Official Wrestling Thread
  • Here's the official thread for all wrestling discussion.

Let's start by talking about WWE actually getting a youtube page and uploading full episodes of Raw. What!

Let's start with last night's surprise happenings:

[spoiler:fbe5a35ec1][/spoiler:fbe5a35ec1]

Discuss. I am EXCITED. This is fresh, for a change.
  • That end reminds me of WCW so much. And I loved WCW dearly, so I'm glad WWE (and TNA) are taking a page out of their playbook. Now if only WWE wasn't PG...
  • This was easily one of the most surprising and impactful things that WWE has done in a long time. They literally opened a can of worms that could split the roster in half and we could have another war of attrition going on, something WWE rarely does well. There are many ways this thing could go but I personally cannot wait to see what comes of it, specifically tonight on NXT.

I'm hoping the NXT grads will take the show hostage either destroying the new rookies or turning them to their side. Preferably the first seeing as a 16 man posse would be a little ridiculous. Then Smackdown should have Kane confront the NXT grads on the attack on the Undertaker just to have them put the boots to Kane as well. We shall see...

Great thread by the way!
  • I'm really not into the NXT invasion at the moment. I didn't give a shit about NXT so I don't know who any of these people are, and to be honest I don't really want to know. I just hope if they stick around for a while they don't mess with anything I'm excited for like the Fatal Four Way match with Sheamus. In all honesty I can really see an 8 v 8 new rookies vs old rookies match..... What's the PPV after Fatal Four Way? I imagine they will have a big presence there.
  • I've been watching the ROH/CZW feud from 2006 lately.. So good, fantastic booking and one of my personal favourite times in wrestling
  • vowel said:
    I've been watching the ROH/CZW feud from 2006 lately.. So good, fantastic booking and one of my personal favourite times in wrestling

That is a damn good feud. I remember buying all the DVDs for that feud leading up to that awesome cage match. I love Chris Hero!
  • I don't watch WWE on a regular basis but I watched this clip yesterday. CM Punk in a mask is golden, I'd have loved to have heard what he said the first week he came out with it. Also did Punk actually commit to shaving his head or did Rey take few chunks out and they done the whole "the rest will be shaved off backstage" thing.

Definitely something fresh for once with this NXT lot, it actually makes me want to keep an eye on things. I watched NXT for maybe the first 8 weeks but then got bored, some of the guys are decent (Danielson for obvious reason, Tarver is solid on the mic - he had a devil/angel conscience gimic in FCW and worked it well on the mic, Barret has the look and the dude who does the shooting star is a solid babyface) but the other guys kinda bring their legitimacy down. Michael Cole needs to be their secret leader - I will definitely watch if that happens.

How is this thread going to work? Are we keeping it simple and just discussing aired episodes of whatever promotion and nothing more? I hate visiting wrestling boards for the constant spoilers, rumours, etc.

Also check out: http://www.openthedragongate.com/ they are on break at the moment, I recommend watching one of the earlier PPVs and making your way forward from there. Infinity is their weekly show.
  • Sometimes I wonder about the NXT pairings. I'm surprised one of the members of now-defunct Cryme Tyme don't have a rookie for either season. They must be enjoying their time off...

I have also heard that the NXT1 storyline is Raw-exclusive, probably because Barrett won a Raw 'contract' so we'll see more of it there. Looking forward to seeing Tarver NOT drop any more kegs.
  • Cena Kills WWE for me, Punk and Y2J are really the only saving grace of WWE at mo. Im sick of having Cena thrown on screen for any given time so he can shout at the screen and forget his gimmick. Plus would it kill him to sell moves? or even do some new moves?! pffft!
  • Linko64 said:
    Cena Kills WWE for me, Punk and Y2J are really the only saving grace of WWE at mo. Im sick of having Cena thrown on screen for any given time so he can shout at the screen and forget his gimmick. Plus would it kill him to sell moves? or even do some new moves?! pffft!

Why change what works? I may not enjoy his character much anymore, but he's towing the company line.
  • Im not saying he has to change im jusy saying why iv lost intrest in a stle product that is WWE, even WM26 wasnt that good for most part
  • Man, out of curiosity I looked to see all the tweets John Cena has been getting. It's amazing how many people think hes legitametly hurt after Tuesday night. Get a grip people! ..... On a positiive note... Percy Watsons on Twitter!: http://twitter.com/PercyNXT
    OH YEAH!
  • Chip said:
    Man, out of curiosity I looked to see all the tweets John Cena has been getting. It's amazing how many people think hes legitametly hurt after Tuesday night. Get a grip people! ..... On a positiive note... Percy Watsons on Twitter!: http://twitter.com/PercyNXT
    OH YEAH!

i love cena, 5 questions was hilarious! All that negativity towards cena, i think it is pure envy (Cena and envious mom? :P)

And NXT well ECW! ECW! ECW! although WWE butchered the ECW show to be just a mediocre smackdown show

and what the hell is that with Batista? the animal has become a whimpering wining chihuahua.
  • Epke said:
    and what the hell is that with Batista? the animal has become a whimpering wining chihuahua.

Ahem.

He took a break at the peak of his career.
  • Sunflower said:
    [quote=Epke]and what the hell is that with Batista? the animal has become a whimpering wining chihuahua.

Ahem.

He took a break at the peak of his career.[/quote]

A lot of wrestlers do it. Jericho, Big Show, Christian, Jeff Hardy.. all take a few years to branch out and relax before coming back better then ever. Personally I'm glad Batista is stepping away. He's had a lot of injuries and shitty story lines and is attitude reflex his frustration and boredom. If he chooses to come back at a later time hopefully he will have a new passion for his job instead of being in the funk he's been in.. and if he doesn't come back that's fine. He had a good run and the show will go on without him.
  • i don't mind him branching out or relax (maybe becoming the next scorpion king :P)
    but i just didn't like the way they handled it
  • Batista isn't a very good wrestler anyway. I don't look forward to the day he comes back tbh. He bored the hell out of me. Only time his character was even remotely interesting was in his recent feud with Cena. Batasta has a great look and attitude for a jealous, rampaging, dominating big man. But that was really only his character, didn't improve his lack of wrestling ability. He's been getting slower and slower the last couple of years..

I'm looking forward to Slamiversary from TNA. They've actually been building up this PPV properlly which they've failed to do with the last few. That usually means a bad or pretty average PPV though sadly but we'll see. Theres some matches on there that people just wont care about and others that COULD be really good but will likely be fucked up. Like Angel vs Kaz for example, that on paper could be a great match, but you know Flaire will ruin it.
  • vowel said:
    Batista isn't a very good wrestler anyway. I don't look forward to the day he comes back tbh. He bored the hell out of me. Only time his character was even remotely interesting was in his recent feud with Cena. Batasta has a great look and attitude for a jealous, rampaging, dominating big man. But that was really only his character, didn't improve his lack of wrestling ability. He's been getting slower and slower the last couple of years..

That's FINE. I'll show you why it's okay. His promos in particular were some of the best things I've ever seen. I'll put them under a spoiler.

[spoiler:9c0d7bf649]

And the finest - 3:06

[/spoiler:9c0d7bf649]
  • Sunflower said:
    That's FINE. I'll show you why it's okay. His promos in particular were some of the best things I've ever seen. I'll put them under a spoiler.

Are you insane? >_> LOL. Batista is generic as hell on the mic. His look and size are the only things that got him where he is today (minus his heart and dedication to become a pro wrestler).
  • I give him credit where it's due. Batista is fantastic for what he is.. He's a big man with no wrestling backround at all. He came from being a body builder not all that long before he joined the WWE. A lot of people that come in with no wrestling backround end up being some of the worst wrestlers ever seen (Great Kahli for example). His dedication shows in his body alone. He wasn't all bulging muscel as a body builder, that came with drugs. But to "maintain" that body without them (I believe he was never caught by any wellness policy tests) takes a lot of work in itself. Sadly though, it's not backed up by natural talent and he's sloppy in the ring compared to his peers. He was good enough to make it though.

One Batista moment I'll always remember though.. And it's only partly cause of him failing to keep a straight face, but who could have? :D

[spoiler:404ff7e20d][/spoiler:404ff7e20d]
  • raskit said:
    Are you insane? >_> LOL. Batista is generic as hell on the mic. His look and size are the only things that got him where he is today (minus his heart and dedication to become a pro wrestler).

In the past, yes. He was nothing special, especially on the mic. But the videos I posted, his last heel run, he was GOLD. Best thing about the WWE.

Vowel, if you enjoyed that, I know you'll like this:

• Bats used to be the man no doubt and has been pretty on the ball lately but there was a long time when I just hated him. I have to say though if he was to stay away after quitting on RAW I would be completely happy with it. It was a great way to exit the biz and I am still a bit sick of seeing him in the main event. He'll be back though. No doubt about it.

Just putting this up here to see if anyones down for IRC friendship during RAW. I'll be there!

EDIT: I am decent friends with independent wrestlers Jimmy Rave and Sal Rinauro both of which have made TNA appearances and are long term ROH affiliates. My best friend however is very close with them and was told from Sal that Daniel Bryan was looking for work in Ga. Then I go to PW.com to find that DB was fired. Granted it could be a work but still, the fear of the best wrestler in this NXT invasion gone makes me sad. We shall see what's up.
  • Thats awesome Leon, I love Jimmy rave. He was fantastic in the embassy. I can still see the toilet paper fly into the ring every time he came out in The Embassy and hear the "die Jimmy die" chants :D. Damn, him and Shelly made a great team..
  • omg omg omg I'll take this opportunity to geek about some of my most favorite CM Punk videos :D :D :D

[spoiler:ce56bb2b7d]
    This first one is from a recent House Show (which is to say it's unrecorded, that way the Superstars can really do a lot more than they would if they were being taped for TV), in this video Punk really chews out a fan in such a way that would do his ROH days proud (note: you'll need to crank up the volume for this one, but it's totally worth it):

Here is another video from a house show in Mexico:

And this is one of my all-time favorite CM Punk moves ever:

[/spoiler:ce56bb2b7d]

That's all for now, I'll post more as this thread gets more replies :D
  • BlueRaine said:
    omg omg omg I'll take this opportunity to geek about some of my most favorite CM Punk videos :D :D :D

[spoiler:01364ec051]
    This first one is from a recent House Show (which is to say it's unrecorded, that way the Superstars can really do a lot more than they would if they were being taped for TV), in this video Punk really chews out a fan in such a way that would do his ROH days proud (note: you'll need to crank up the volume for this one, but it's totally worth it):

Here is another video from a house show in Mexico:

And this is one of my all-time favorite CM Punk moves ever:

[/spoiler:01364ec051]

That's all for now, I'll post more as this thread gets more replies :D

Holy shit! A CM Punk lover!? Hell yes! If you haven't seen this one then prepare to be in love. I used to watch this back in the day long before he signed with WWE. No matter how down I was this video would make me happy, yet shed a tear at the same time.

Did I blow your mind? Thought so...
  • Holy shit! A CM Punk lover!? Hell yes! If you haven't seen this one then prepare to be in love. I used to watch this back in the day long before he signed with WWE. No matter how down I was this video would make me happy, yet shed a tear at the same time.

Did I blow your mind? Thought so...

omg how freaking adorable is that video! I recognize the majority of the material from the DVDs I have, but I'm painfully reminded of how badly I need to buy the one with that dog collar match on it! *runs to Amazon right now*

But yeah, he's my hero! I'm getting a partial tattoo sleeve dedicated to him/straight edge next month :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week