Anime Conventions
  • WHOA, HOLY SHIT, THAT'S RIGHT.

ANIME CONVENTION.

ANIME IS SOME CRAZY SHIT. IT'S LIKE SOME FUCKIN' ANIMATED SHIT... BUT FROM JAPAN.

LOOK AT THAT. THEY GOT SOME BIG FUCKIN' EYES ON THEM. IT'S SO THEY CAN SEE IN THE DARK OR SOME SHIT. FUCK YEAH.

I GUESS IN JAPAN EVERYONE DYES THEIR HAIR OR SOME SHIT BECAUSE THEY ALL GOT PURPLE AND BLUE HAIR IN THEIR CARTOONS. SOME CRAZY SHIT.

YEAH, THAT'S A BIG FUCKIN' ROBOT. YOU COULD COMPENSATE FOR ANY DICK SIZE WITH A ROBOT THAT BIG. SHIT YEAH. NEED A WEAPON? USE A MOTHERFUCKIN' GALAXY AS A SHURIKEN OR WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY'RE CALLED.

HOLY SHIT. THAT'S FUCKIN' GANGSTA. THINK YOU COULD SURVIVE IN DETROIT DRESSED AS YOU ARE NOW?

NO

FUCKIN'

WAY

DRESSED AS THAT? PEOPLE WOULD FUCKIN' RUN SCARED SHITLESS FROM YOU. THANK JAPAN.

Ok, all seriousness. Anyone attend any anime conventions or will you be this year? I'll be at JAFAX in Grand Rapids, MI in a couple weeks (it's free and they get a few thousand people yay). I'll be at Youmacon at the end of October in Detroit (even bigger!). Just wanted to know if anyone else has cool experiences or tips or wants to meet up with other NooBTooBers. Or make fun of us. That's cool too I guess.
  • Dude!!! That's awesome. WHatever you do, please take some video for the show!!! Or even just pictures, of you or whoever, would be cool :) I'm sure Tobin would die.

Have lotsa fun!

P.S. Fullmetal FTW. I'd totally go to one of those things as Lt. Hawkeye... if I didn't live a zillion miles from civilization :P
    [spoiler:90bb289c57]image[/spoiler:90bb289c57]
  • I don't know if you watched the dub or sub of FMA and/or Brotherhood but Vic Mignogna (voice behind Edward Elric) and Caitlin Glass (voice behind Winry) will be at Youmacon. I'm hoping I get to say a few words to them at some point; if nothing else, a platinum registration should let me nab an autograph. Not big on dubs but it would still be cool.

I'll try to take some pics and video too. :)
  • i used to go to anime conventions but know i live it otaku land :P
  • I'm going to my first pop culture expo in Sydney soon, Supanova. Its got comics, anime, manga, movies - all sorts of nerdery. I'll be dressed as Spongebob Square Pants. Most excited.
  • I'm going to a anime convention today called Dragon Ball Motherfucking Z. Every anime has just ripped off the granddaddy of superior anime in everyday since it began.
  • Oh god, wasn't expecting Lucien Lachance-esque posting from Gefum when I clicked into here.
  • Gameshark said:
    I'm going to a anime convention today called Dragon Ball Motherfucking Z. Every anime has just ripped off the granddaddy of superior anime in everyday since it began.

Dragon Ball Z is hot garbage! :D
  • Gameshark said:
    I'm going to a anime convention today called Dragon Ball Motherfucking Z. Every anime has just ripped off the granddaddy of superior anime in everyday since it began.

Boooooooooooooo, DBZ sucks. :evil:
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    I don't know if you watched the dub or sub of FMA and/or Brotherhood but Vic Mignogna (voice behind Edward Elric) and Caitlin Glass (voice behind Winry) will be at Youmacon. I'm hoping I get to say a few words to them at some point; if nothing else, a platinum registration should let me nab an autograph. Not big on dubs but it would still be cool.

I'll try to take some pics and video too. :)

That'll be interesting. Is there anyone else there you're hoping to meet? Are you dressing up? What's your favourite series?

I'm talking about FMA: Brotherhood and the Movie (Conqueror of Shambala). FWIW, my favourite voice for that show was always Alphonse. So many times when he was crying I was crying. The story of that series (Brotherhood) is so touching. The dub for the show was actually pretty good, never seemed awkward to me. I always find watching the subs weird because I don't speak a lick of Japanese beyond "ohayou" and "domo"... it confuses me listening to one language and reading another :P :lol:
  • double post.... sry
  • Sloth said:
    I'm going to my first pop culture expo in Sydney soon, Supanova. Its got comics, anime, manga, movies - all sorts of nerdery. I'll be dressed as Spongebob Square Pants. Most excited.

Please take pics! That's awesome! Pics of you too! I want to see your Spongebob. >:3

tallchick said:
    That'll be interesting. Is there anyone else there you're hoping to meet? Are you dressing up? What's your favourite series?

I don't know, they haven't listed all the guests yet for Youmacon, and JAFAX is smaller and doesn't get anyone huge. Youmacon will also have Lemon Demon (the band behind "Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" among other things). Otherwise, I'll see overtime if anyone else cool is going.

My favorite series... either Crest and Banner of the Stars, FLCL, or NANA, but my favorite animes are movies right now. I have an undying love for The Place Promised in our Early Days. :3
  • There a convention in Vancouver every year called Anime Evolution. I've never been myself but I know a few people that have and I'm thinking of going this year. Little Kuriboh is supposed to be there which is pretty cool. Dressing up isn't my thing but if I do it'll definitely be as agent York.
  • I go to AVCON every coupla years - it's put on by the Uni students at Adelaide University.

They wanted my collection of retro systems on year, and I said no.

I'm a bastard like that.

CRC
  • My Supanova 2010 experience boiled down to a bunch of photos:

Actually untrue. Not a big fan of yaoi. More a bara type guy.

PEDOBEAR~<3<br />

Very creepy stall.

Mario giving me the pixelated finger.

A massive sea of nerdery.

Fragfest. Boom, headshot.

Gaming.

Anime.

Dungeons and dragons, Magic, Yugioh card area.

Comics.

Lots of things to buy.
  • might show up to this thing in Tampa called Shadocon, I was thinking of going as Sahz from FF13, all I'd have to do is paint myself black and go find a green trenchcoat and some boots, and stick a peep in my hair. any other ideas of what I could go as? perhaps Ultraman? or for that matter I could just be Brick from Borderlands, because I look like that, or I could go as NINE TOES!!! from Borderlands!!!!!
  • [spoiler:d8547fc346][/spoiler:d8547fc346]

This is what I will be attending this year, and I will definately go to Mario Party After Dark. And yes, they are putting condoms on hot dogs. With their mouth.

Also, Sloth, thanks for the pics. But get some Hatsune Miku figures next time. >:[
  • Some crappy pics I took at JAFAX here:

http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/GoodEnoughForMe/JAFAX%2015%20--%202010/?start=0

Will be uploading videos to my Youtube in the next few days. I'll link when done.
  • Cool! I encourage you to send some of those photos to [email]feedback@noobtoob.com[/email].

PS.... Love the Mario pic Sloth!
  • I had to pass up the chance to catch AvCon this year due to a LAN I have organised at school the same week, but last year was fun.
    Pedo bear stole my top-hat and someone else also dressed up as Link (I was blue link CHEEYEEAHHH) followed me around feeding me pocki. Yeah, I probably shouldn't have taken candy from a stranger, but someone in cosplay feeding me pocky can be bad right?
  • Well I'll be visitin Tracon (anime/roleplay) here in Finland this weekend, gonna take sum pis and share it with ya. And in July I'll be going to Ropecon (Mostly roleplay) and I'll be there for whole 3 days. And I'll be doing some cosplay as a Nazi Zombie. Pics inluded.
  • OMG... those guys in that Dungeons and Dragons area are playing Heroscape. I didn't think anyone anywhere played that. I need to try to get to one of these... "anime conventions", so I can show people the business in some Heroscape and Yugioh at the same time. Perhaps our Heroscape characters shall themselves be playing Yugioh.

I have just created an amazing game. I now have to ponder over this for days to make it work properly.
  • I'll be hitting up the Toronto Fan Expo when it comes at the end of August. It's not entirely an anime convention, but anime is one of the things represented there. I mostly go for the gaming/comics side of things, but there are a ton of cosplayers there.
  • Sssargon said:
    Perhaps our Heroscape characters shall themselves be playing Yugioh.

I have just created an amazing game. I now have to ponder over this for days to make it work properly.

I wonder if more roleplayers/cosplay people do that? Sounds like a ton of fun, keeping in character while doing something like that.
  • Well Ropecon 2010 is over and here's my costume. (My Nazi zombie one didn't arrive in time.)

Here are some nice pictures from the event. Theme was horror. (Zombie Mario and Luigi were awesome.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markosaari/sets/72157624577915066/
  • Is that a Helsing trooper costume I see?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week