Japan Photo Journal Week 2
  • Hey all, I'm back from Japan and have some game-related photos from my second week there. Enjoy!

Second week I was in Osaka which had a whole mess of great arcades. This is the wacky plastic ball hurlling one I talked about last episode:

Here's me playing After Burner Climax.. note the look of excitement (and I haven't even filled my climax bar yet):

Card games still scare me.. this one is a wacky robot combat one with some sort of track ball. You get to move the cards on this one like the chinese army one:

Arcade Heaven. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THIS IN THE STATES?!?!:

Trying to win a doll from a UFO machine for Tobin:

This is one of those weird medal/card hybrid games. You raise a horse, make it race, and if it wins, you win medals. The game makes you _pet_ the horse with the touchscreen to make it like you. Presumably a happy horse runs faster.

Here's that D&D medal game where you kill monsters by putting coins into those guns.. you have XP and everything:

Osaka also had an electronics district, called Den Den town. I kinda liked it better than Akihabara since it's mainly one street and not as confusing to walk around. And they had a pretty massive game store where I found this huge display of the DS cooking tutor that's selling like hotcakes:

I found the convience store simulator for the Xbox 360 that Tobin has been pining over (lord knows why):

They had a very nice Final Fantasy shrine going on as well.. pretty much every one released can be found here:

Here's the crazy PS3 demo thing.. Unfortunately I couldn't take pictures inside, but there were 3 PS3's per game, all playable:

The Idolmaster Game! Note, 90% of the game has screens like this, where you click through dialogue and pick things to say.

The other 10% of the game is really stupid rhythm games:

Ah, the famous Shibuya Kaikan arcade in Tokyo. Games are 50Y and they have all sorts of classic arcade games mixed in with new ones:

Crazy map, shows all the different types of games and which floor they're on:

I got to play Gals Panic 2 for the first time here. Basically a soft-core game where you uncover girls playing a game like Qix:

They had this great typing game called Lupin, the typing. It's basically like Time Crisis but each guy has a japanese word which you have to type to kill. Surprisingly fun:

They also had quite a few dirty mahjong games:

And by special request from Sloth, here's the McDonalds menu:

They had these _AMAZING_ things called Marronn Pies which were only 100Y. The insides had this chestnut flavored goop which was like heaven in a flaky crust. Get one if you go to Japan!

Yw
  • lol @ menu. The ones in italy sell cheap alcohol.

Omg, look! There's a valkyrie profile ad next to that final fantasy pile! *happy*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week