(Multiplatform) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
  • [center:a0988f261c]image[/center:a0988f261c]

[center:a0988f261c]Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (previously known as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4) is a video game published by Ubisoft and due for release in 2010. Excluding expansions, it is the fifth installment in the Ghost Recon series, and was announced to be in development by Ubisoft on January 22, 2009. The game will be a futuristic take on the Ghost Recon series.

Initially, the title was revealed to be Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator by an OFLC release. However in December 2009, "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier" was trademarked by Ubisoft, raising speculation that this could be the name for the upcoming Ghost Recon 4. This was subsequently confirmed by an official announcement.

While the release of Future Soldier was targeted for the 2009-2010 fiscal year, Ubisoft later announced that the release date would be pushed back until the 2010-2011 fiscal year to "strengthen" its video game line-up.

[spoiler:a0988f261c][/spoiler:a0988f261c][/center:a0988f261c]
  • I've moved this to news... seeing as at this point all we can discuss about this game is the news that gets released about it. Not the actual game.
  • Just saw that this is coming to pretty much every platform... While I can't help but hope that means that the Wii gets another good shooter, I have a sinking suspicion that the game (in general) will be sort of mediocre because of that.
  • I didn't enjoy the GRAW series. I was hoping they'd take the series back to just Ghost Recon but oh well.
  • I agree with Maxim. The OG Ghost Recon was fucking awesome! My buddy and I must've beat that game like 40 times. If the mechanics are better than GRAW's than I'll check this out, but quite honestly I'm not really into the future soldier sort of deal. Maybe it'll be cool, but I kind of feel like when someone runs out of ideas they automatically push their property to future/space.
  • wow, it's amazing that this thread was created so long ago!

[video=youtube;R8hb4LqJm6o]

I don't know about you guys, but this looks really damn cool to me... I don't know why. It should remind me of every other war shooter, but something about it just has me intrigued!
  • Maybe this will make me excited as it seems similar enough to Socom to get me excited.
  • [video=youtube;kRsSaKvpDj4]

2500 animations on the main character OoO wowza!
  • [video=youtube;wRH3iy7xq5o]
  • I got a beta code today, the beta will open on the 19th and I can't wait to play it!
    Sadly, they didn't give me extra ones to share :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week