Review of the Week- Week 3

What is Review of the Week?

The review of the week contest is used to highlight reviews written in the previous week. It is a contest that gives recognition to all reviews written in the week before, and all the reviews are voted on by the community to best show all the great reviews written by members of NoobToob.

Review of the week was an idea that was proposed in order to generate discussion in the Review section, and to get people excited to read reviews, and talk about games in general. Make sure to post your opinion in the thread, and check out any of the reviews listed that you haven't seen. Comment, and give constructive criticism if necessary.

Here are the nominees for Review of the Week- Week 3:

MidnightSun - For his review on (PC) Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (2001).

CapnRedChops- "A nice tight first up review from this brand new and friendly member, and he has swayed three people to actually play the game. Not bad for a guy off the street."

Jam Enslaver - For his review on Jam Enslaver Reviews...Darwinia.

Crimson- "Great review, Jam. Almost pushed me over the edge to pick this game up, but I'm just not sure it will be as good on the 360. Either way, I loved the review!"

thebgbb - For his review on Gaming on a Budget #16: Trine.

Crimson- "Nothing but the best from the Gaming on a Budget videos. This episode didn't disappoint either. I've already played through Trine, so no need convincing me to pick it up. Great work, yet again, thebgbb!"

Crimson - For his review on (XBLA) The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom.

Crimson- "If you haven't played this game yet, read my review to see if it's your type of game. I'm not going to comment on my own review, but let me know what you think by posting comments in the thread. Always appreciated!."

shixx - For his review on Mass effect 2 Video Review 1080p HD.

Crimson- "I'm not sure what you were going for with the sound, but the video quality was really nice. Thanks for posting the review, always welcome."
    _____

Rules:

Please PM me the details on who you chose to nominate. No longer post it in this thread.

All written reviews and video reviews are eligible for nomination for Review of the Week.

Admins, Mods, and Coordinators can be nominated for the award. They are members of the community just as everyone else is, and their reviews deserve to be highlighted as such. They spent just as much time on their review as a normal member would, and thus deserve a nomination.

We are only looking for reviews which were posted in the previous week (give or take), when nominating from the time of this post.

Please leave an explanation in the thread on why you thought a review deserves to win the contest.

No noobies will be given out for winners of Review of the Week. This is only in effect for a short period of time, until something else is worked out or a better solution is thought of. If you have any suggestions send them to me in a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Remember: Leave feedback telling who you voted for and what your reason was for voting. It's nice to see other people's opinions on these sorts of things. But make sure you are not flaming anybody, but only telling them what a good job they did. Constructive criticism is allowed, however.
  • Now that the review pool is a little lighter, I look forward to seeing some pitched battles. :D
  • Tough fight this week. There are several top notch quality reviews out there. Animated, visual material, editing and all of that stuff that I cant even really spell properly. It will be interesting to see who will be the fairest of them all :P
  • I'll move future Blast from the Pasts from the culture to the review section.

Go Midnight Sun!

CRC
  • Sorry about not having an option to vote for you, Capn. It's an error on my part. I can't edit a poll option for you without remaking the thread. I'll throw you up on the ballot for next week.

My apologies :oops:
  • Crimson said:
    Sorry about not having an option to vote for you, Capn. It's an error on my part. I can't edit a poll option for you without remaking the thread. I'll throw you up on the ballot for next week.

My apologies :oops:

Worry not. I should win next wek because of all the sympathy votes!!!

...shouldn't I?

CRC
  • sorry I couldn't make this week but I got something for next week
  • crimson gets my vote, loved the reveiw
  • Crimson gets my vote, a review for a game many people have been waiting for an review/opinion from, and an excellent one at that.
  • MidnightSun cause he done good.
  • Also MidnightSun. I found myself quite pleasured with the outcome of a first review.

A question: Does the contest only count gamereviews?
  • Had to vote for the beauty that is Trine - nice work thebgbb!
  • Congratulations Midnight Sun! Your review was excellent and the win was well deserved.
  • Time to show off and flex some muscle. Thanks to all who voted. Didn't realise so many people read the review.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week