poll who should you listen to if it comes to games
  • who should you listen when your going to buy a game or rent
  • Deleting your old duplicate thread because I'm guessing you wanted a thread with a poll. If you wanted both, my bad, can't undo, oopsies.

Carrying on:

Tobin hands down. The sensible one.

Yuzo? Yuck. He always rates games down when they don't have food (Cakemania) or shooting. (COD MW2 SEMICOLON HD REMIX) He's so *BIAS*!!1 Plus he's just so distastefully vulgar. I mean, that t-shirt with that lighting and his particular skin tone? Atrocious!
  • yeah i just wanted one with a poll
  • Yuzo is more anal like me, while Tobin will say "fuck this game" a lot more often, but if he really is into it he will finish it for breakfast in one pass. I do find myself agreeing with Tobin more, though. He's more of a modern gamer, while Yuzo is more into simple platforms, 2D and all of that. Not really making sense, I know. I can relate to Tobin more, is what I'm saying.
  • sunflower, seriously.

Check out the modcast.
  • Tobin, I lost all my respect for Yuzo when MW2 came out....
  • nevets said:
    sunflower, seriously.

Check out the modcast.

Oh, you. <3
  • nah, Gravehound is my favourite now...
  • nevets said:
    sunflower, seriously.

Check out the modcast.

I agree, I listen to the Modcast before Tobin and Yuzo. Within the Modcast I usually side with Sunflower or Locke.
  • I don't want to answer out of fear of both of them :roll:

Ok, I figured Tobin could do more damage in a fight, so I voted for him.
  • I can hardly recognise voices on modcast. I recognise Sunflower and the british guy. Can't side with anyone there.
  • Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do.

CRC
  • CapnRedChops said:
    Listen to your heart, there's nothing else you can do.

CRC

Where did you learn that lesson - have you been watching The Lion King or something?
  • "Listen To Your Heart"

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
    I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
    You've built a love but that love falls apart.
    Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart
    when he's calling for you.
    Listen to your heart
    there's nothing else you can do.

I don't know where you're going
    and I don't know why,
    but listen to your heart
    before you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
    The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
    They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,
    the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

And there are voices
    that want to be heard.
    So much to mention
    but you can't find the words.
    The scent of magic,
    the beauty that's been
    when love was wilder than the wind.

CRC
  • 10 votes it 60 40 in tobin favor need more votes to crush tobin our yuzo ego
  • First off, I agree with CRC. At the end of the day what matters is what you think about it.

But since you ask,
    I listen to the Podcast because I like both Tobin and Yuzo, though Yuzo is a bit more OCD like me, so he understands things like strategy games which Tobin finds boring and won't have a second look at. For certain games or aspects of games I always look at one of their responses over the other... for example, for artistry within games I look to Tobin because he's into trying more creative things and indie games, and always makes great comments about new mechanics/controls which are being used effectively and in creative ways. Either way you look at it, these guys are in their 30s, they've been playing games since they were kids, I figure that's at least 20 years experience that they each bring to the table... you gotta respect that.

You didn't ask about the Modcast but I see quite a few people mentioning it here. When it comes to other reviewers on the site, the Modcast does an admirable job of going more in-depth. I like all the reviewers on the show. I like how they go by "What you guys been playinz'?" rather than new releases because it gets older games in there or titles you may not have heard of which are outstanding. Everyone on there has sound opinions, though I identify more with Sunny and the Brits than Locke. Mainly because the types of games Locke favours are not the types of games I favour. As above, each of the reviewers has his own specialty. Sunny I listen to for more casual games, sports games, and RPGs/JRPGs. Jam for strategy and indie and RPGs. If I were into rhythm, horror/survival and shooters more I would listen to Locke. Gravy is the new guy but he seems to be a more tactical player no matter what game he chooses. I look forward to seeing more of what he has to add to the show. That said, each of these guys always has good points to make about any genre or game, and that makes me sit up and take notice.
  • Tobins game likes are usually closer to me than Yuzos. There have been times when I end up playing a game where they both said the game would be bad to even try. Most of the time they are right but in rare situations the game turns out alright. For me the mood I am in go with if Im liking the game or not. Dont get me wrong when a game is really bad I wouldnt give up on it in a second.
  • CapnRedChops said:
    [spoiler:ef3bf788ef]"Listen To Your Heart"

I know there's something in the wake of your smile.
    I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea.
    You've built a love but that love falls apart.
    Your little piece of heaven turns too dark.

Listen to your heart
    when he's calling for you.
    Listen to your heart
    there's nothing else you can do.

I don't know where you're going
    and I don't know why,
    but listen to your heart
    before you tell him goodbye.

Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile.
    The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea.
    They're swept away and nothing is what it seems,
    the feeling of belonging to your dreams.

And there are voices
    that want to be heard.
    So much to mention
    but you can't find the words.
    The scent of magic,
    the beauty that's been
    when love was wilder than the wind.
    [/spoiler:ef3bf788ef]
    CRC

This thread just got gay real fast

Anyways...
    I'm 100% agreeing with Android and even daring to say...
    ...DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE THAT SAY MW2 MULTIPLAYER IS GOOD...

...so I am obviously voting for Tobin on this poll <3<br />I really find it awsum how he shits on a game just like I do...A LOT
    Whenever I hear him start shitting on a game hardcore...I know it isn't for me.

On the more off topic side of this discussion... I would say do this:
    1. Listen to yourself (without the gay song)
    2. Listen to Tobin & Yuzo (block out Yuzo's fanboyism to Call of Poopy)
    3. Listen to Modcast and get a hard on to their amazing jingles (<3 MuZ)<br />4. Stop wasting your time listening to stuff and get back to TF2. DON'T YOU WANT A HAT?!?!?

(ignore #4 if you have a console)
  • Seconding Modcast opinion.

Although to be honest, nothing beats the opinions of friends who know your tastes, and of your own personal ability to rationalize your gaming preferences.

I've bought very very few bad games, and those I have are because I trusted concensus blindly. GTAIV springs to mind.
  • fry-40 said:

Anyways...
    I'm 100% agreeing with Android and even daring to say...
    ...DONT LISTEN TO PEOPLE THAT SAY MW2 MULTIPLAYER IS GOOD...

Yeah, screw MW2!
  • keep it nice and clean and civil guys i dont want any tobin or yuzo fanboys shouting and screaming about there gay love for yuzo or tobin
  • ray00 said:
    keep it nice and clean and civil guys i dont want any tobin or yuzo fanboys shouting and screaming about there gay love for yuzo or tobin

and people remember "you are our homos"

Excuse me? Could you explain what you mean?
  • I usually listen to Tobin; it seems we usually like the same stuff. I'm more of a single player or co-op kind of guy, with multiplayer being something I do when I don't have anything else to play. As far as the modcast goes, I'd have to go with Sunny. He is very good at explaining what a game is, and the pros and cons of that game.
  • i need more votes to crush yuzo or tobin and shatter there ego or praise one to heaven

so tell everybody that watches noobtoob to vote and not only noobtoobers but friends also
  • Honestly, I don't really listen to anyone. I play and own a lot of games people would consider quite crappy, or already do consider crappy. I'll play almost anything. The only reason I read reviews is to get some hints at what the game is like. A reviewer may shit all over a game but if some of the facets he talks about sound appealing to me I'll get it, I don't care about whether he likes it or not.

That said, I think the best person on the site in terms of giving a fair look at any game is probably Sunflower. I may not always agree with him, but I at least know why he does or doesn't like a game and what the game brings to the table. Dr Flibble is also very good at this, that's why I like his reviews a lot.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    That said, I think the best person on the site in terms of giving a fair look at any game is probably Sunflower. I may not always agree with him, but I at least know why he does or doesn't like a game and what the game brings to the table.

Wh...whaaat?!?! This has surprised the shit out of me, I am so...surprised! I won't lie, it makes me feel useful and helpful! :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week