NoobToob music section
  • Well I was watching the podcast and you guess recently reviewed GH rock the 80's. While watching it became apparent to me that you guys have a pretty good taste in music. So I was thinking maybe we should have a NoobToob Music Section. Mind you thats a working title. Maybe you should take a small portion at the end of the show to talk about a recent album or band that you guess are into right now. Maybe you can bring in the album talk about it a little bit. Say what genre of music it is and pretty much what your in for when you pop it into your computer. The members can give suggestions on different types of music and different bands and artists. This is a working idea mind you so any suggestions would be welcome. Hope you like my idea :D
  • I have to totally disagree with that idea.

This is a gaming podcast... I'd much rather hear another 10 minutes about games I might be interested in, instead of some band that I might not give a shit about.
  • Erock said:
    I have to totally disagree with that idea.

This is a gaming podcast... I'd much rather hear another 10 minutes about games I might be interested in, instead of some band that I might not give a shit about.

Well it's just a suggestion. It doesn't have to be ten minutes long. It can be a minute at the end of the show. Then we can talk about that band or maybe some other bands that we may like on the forums. I just thought it was the obvious direction to take since we as a community are branching out to books and other media. I just thought a quick music section would be cool.
  • I don't think anyone will want this in the show, but it could end up as possibly a sticky, like the gaming tid-bits where people post new album releases or concert info/experience with bands they like.

Talking about video game music, or bands that play video game music, etc might work like a noobtoob book club type section, except i dont think there is enough out there to last more than a week or two.

I personally wouldnt mind a Music Tid-Bits thread (or sticky) in the off-topic, or a mention of video game music in response to a call in (which i think you should do, correct me if this has been done already. i forget.) but much more and i think it would stray too far from the show and its purpose
  • dig311dug said:

?
  • I don't think we'd really want to add it to the 'cast, mainly for the reasons people have already mentioned. But the forums would be a great place to start out and see what sort of interest there is. The Off-Topic board is there for a reason, and if someone wants to post a weekly thread on new music released and it takes off, then that'd be great.

As with all of these ideas, it's all in the implementation and how many people pick up on it. Off-Topic Discussions is a great place to incubate these sorts of things, and if it ends up having a bunch of music related threads all the time, then we'd have no problem breaking out a sub forum.

:)
  • Xeo said:
    [quote=dig311dug]311

?[/quote]
    I think he's referring to the band, 311.
    LOL, at the name & avatar.

Anyways, I don't mind the idea of having something on the forums like the book club style of thing. Maybe Yuzo and Tobin could even make reference to it on the podcast... but as for actual content, set it on the forums and have the show stick to what it does best which is games.
  • yuzo said:
    I don't think we'd really want to add it to the 'cast, mainly for the reasons people have already mentioned. But the forums would be a great place to start out and see what sort of interest there is. The Off-Topic board is there for a reason, and if someone wants to post a weekly thread on new music released and it takes off, then that'd be great.

As with all of these ideas, it's all in the implementation and how many people pick up on it. Off-Topic Discussions is a great place to incubate these sorts of things, and if it ends up having a bunch of music related threads all the time, then we'd have no problem breaking out a sub forum.

:)

Sounds like a plan. When I have the time I think every week I'll find some new music (I like all types of music so expect to see some indie some rap hip hop maybe a little R&B throw some techno in there for good measure some rock new wave all types of stuff really) , maybe post a link on where to buy it or maybe a myspace page. I'll review the album and give my opinion on it and give it a overall rating (I'll probably just use a thumbs up thumbs down thing) And maybe even a second opinion from my brother. I expect to see this going up in maybe a week or so just so I can get all the albums and find time to listen to the whole thing. Remember the things I review may not be super new or anything so don't expect to see a review of an album that came out yesterday. However if you want me to review a certain album I'll take requests. I think I'll limit 3 albums per view. I think the first ones I'll do are...

Linkin Park: Minutes to Midnight
    Commen: Finding Forever
    Siversun Pickups: Carnavas
  • I don't listen to albums I only listen to a song or two on a certain album for some reason.
    Well here is a list that roughly represents my music collection.

Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind (My Name Is Michael)
    Dan Balan - Sugar Tunes Numa Numa
    Eiffel 65 - Silicon Girl
    Foghat - Slow Ride
    Lemon Jelly - The Staunton Lick
    Oasis - Half The World Away
    Ok Go- Here It Goes Again
    Outkast - Roses
    Paramore - Misery Business
    Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
    The Caesars - Jerk it out
    The Killers - Read My Mind
    The Bravery - Time Won't Let Me Go
    Tay Zonday - Blue on the Fourth of July
    Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
    The Vapors - Turning Japanese

Along with some songs from different animes and games.

metal gear solid 2 - Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday
    Metal Gear Solid 3 - Way to Fall
    Metal Gear Solid 3- Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell - Snake Eater
    DDR Extreme-Speed Over Beethoven
    Ouran High School Host Club - Sakura Kiss
    Ouran High School Host Club - Shissou
    Bleach - Baby Its You
    Bleach - Asterisk
    Bleach - Tonight,Tonight,Tonight
    Death Note - Zetsubou Billy
    The Pillows - Ride on Shooting Star
    The Pillows - Kim Deal
  • booboo said:
    I don't listen to albums I only listen to a song or two on a certain album for some reason.

Eiffel 65 - Silicon Girl
    Foghat - Slow Ride
    Outkast - Roses

Bleach - Baby Its You
    Bleach - Asterisk
    The Pillows - Kim Deal

TAY ZONDAY! Don't tell me you really like him! Why don't you have chocolate rain on there? It's his best song :)
  • That's like me asking for a TV section or a movie section because I <3 those too.<br />

I'd be curious as to their tastes but don't want it in our podcast :p
  • Flawless1984 said:
    That's like me asking for a TV section or a movie section because I <3 those too.<br />

I'm typing up my reviews now. I'm on common now. Just finished Linkin Park. Long as hell but it looks good hope you guys like it.
  • Flawless1984 said:
    That's like me asking for a TV section or a movie section because I <3 those too.<br />

Yeah thats true I'm not trying to make it into AOTS where they spend about 2 minutes on game and the rest on gay shit. So maybe I was asking for a little to much but i guess I'll just do it myself :wink:
  • Xeo said:
    [quote=booboo]I don't listen to albums I only listen to a song or two on a certain album for some reason.

Eiffel 65 - Silicon Girl
    Foghat - Slow Ride
    Outkast - Roses

Bleach - Baby Its You
    Bleach - Asterisk
    The Pillows - Kim Deal

TAY ZONDAY! Don't tell me you really like him! Why don't you have chocolate rain on there? It's his best song :)[/quote]
    lol yeah I do I just didn't put that in.
  • I personally disprove of the idea, it is a gaming podcast after all. Sure, they listen to Nirvana(hell yeah guys!), but it doesn't really fit into the podcast.
  • Huge huge huge huge setback. Just erased the whole common and silversun pickups review......I don't know what to do....I can't remember a single thing that I wrote....It all was so good.....
  • I too once thought about something like this, but then I remember what happened to G4 and played Deadly Towers for even thinking about it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week