Reminder to the new members
  • Posting anything that has to do with piracy is NOT allowed. In the past three minutes, I've come across two threads in which the posters discuss pirating games openly.

CUT THAT SHIT OUT

(I thought I was posting in Site Discussion. Please move accordingly. Thanks.) (Also, it appears that the size dropdown does not add size tags to text.)
  • Omega2k3 said:
    Posting anything that has to do with piracy is NOT allowed. In the past three minutes, I've come across two threads in which the posters discuss pirating games openly.

CUT THAT SHIT OUT

QFT
  • Omega2k3 said:
    Posting anything that has to do with piracy is NOT allowed. In the past three minutes, I've come across two threads in which the posters discuss pirating games openly.

CUT THAT SHIT OUT

(I thought I was posting in Site Discussion. Please move accordingly. Thanks.) (Also, it appears that the size dropdown does not add size tags to text.)

no offence omega but your not a moderator.................yet
  • Keyblade King said:
    [quote=Omega2k3]Posting anything that has to do with piracy is NOT allowed. In the past three minutes, I've come across two threads in which the posters discuss pirating games openly.

CUT THAT SHIT OUT

no offence omega but your not a moderator.................yet[/quote]

Yeah your not a moderator. No where near. You can't be startin up topics just to say something like that. The best you can do is PM Yuzo or Sunflower about it and eventually they will get around to it. So for the sake of everyone don't try to walk around like your a mod.
  • Don't go too hard on Omega, yes, he isn't a mod, but he's trying to keep us from getting into trouble and we don't mind if forum members help each other out to police themselves. We don't mind talking about pirating as a concept, but draw the line at links to warez/romz sites. Remember kids, if everyone pirated games, then they'd stop making them -- so be cool and support the developers when you can. If you can't then discuss your illicit activites on another board :).

And Omega, try to be a little nicer and not yell so much. I think some people are getting a little upset at your general attitude, so please tone it down some.

Yw
  • I am some people... :wink:
  • Xeo said:
    Yeah your not a moderator. No where near. You can't be startin up topics just to say something like that. The best you can do is PM Yuzo or Sunflower about it and eventually they will get around to it. So for the sake of everyone don't try to walk around like your a mod.

What makes you think Omega is "nowhere near" being a mod?

It doesnt matter if he isnt a mod, hes still saying that games with piracy should not be discussed on the forums.

Not hard to comprehend I dont think and is a positive thing to say. To be honest I'm getting a little sick of your posts Xeo... are you going to tell me to stop trying to be a mod?

Yuzo maybe right in saying that Omegas post was a bit like shouting but sometimes its the only way to get through to people...
  • Dart said:
    Get your free pirated Windows here!

OMG, what have I done! :P

/kickban Dart for the lame joke..

Yw - :)
  • Its too bad that no one ever reads the rules to any place before joining it. I'm guilty as well, there is just too many words for my peanut sized mind to comprehend. It does say this before you actually sign up as a user on noobtoob:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
  • foley said:
    What makes you think Omega is "nowhere near" being a mod?

Well, he's mostly not close to being a mod due to his general attitude and the likelihood of abuse of power. We generally only choose mods which spend a lot of time on the boards and work hard to keep the friendly vibe we have going here. So picking fights and having flame wars (not to mention the shouting) are the activities that rule one out for mod privileges. Tact FTW. That's not to say he will never become one, but he'd have to have to reverse his current direction to even have a chance.

So anyhow, having flame wars because someone broke the rules is replacing one bad thing for another. Don't yell at people for doing something, casually point out to offending threads to the mods and maybe send a polite PM to the poster with the rules to remind them what not to do.

We use PM "encouragement" a lot to try and get people to behave, and for the most part, it's worked really well.

Yw
  • Yeah I agree with that philosophy and I respect you Yuzo for not letting your power go to your head, you've seen me post before and know that I am not one for picking fights. I am just tired of people putting others down for having opinions and making posts to do with how they feel.

Just for clarification I wasn't suggesting that Omega should become a mod, I was merely asking how Xeo knew he was nowhere near and I dont he would have the same answer as yourself.

I really want this forum to stay friendly and have no flame but then a utopia is often just out of the question. So as we grow and get bigger the older members need to try and keep the peace and single out privately (PM'ing a Mod) anyone who they suspect is just here to cause a nusience or be a troll or whatever its called.

Just my opinions...
  • To clarify, the text was in caps for emphasis, not to shout.
  • foley said:
    I really want this forum to stay friendly and have no flame but then a utopia is often just out of the question. So as we grow and get bigger the older members need to try and keep the peace and single out privately (PM'ing a Mod) anyone who they suspect is just here to cause a nusience or be a troll or whatever its called.

Yeah, it'll get harder and harder as we get bigger, which is why we really need the community's help in policing itself. This usually means taking the high road when it comes to disagreements and not degenerate into flame wars. We'll also get more moderators as the userbase grows so we can lock offending threads quicker, or send out PM's to rowdy users.

Now, policing doesn't necessarily mean the way Omega's been trying to do it. That tends to piss off the userbase than actually change behavior. It just means working to calm people down, defuse tense situations, and letting mods know when bad behavior is happening.

Yw
  • It was one time, I got pissed off because there were numerous posts disregarding the rules, and I've already apologized. You're overreacting by a long shot, and basically just throwing insults my way. It's not cool, and I'd appreciate if you'd please stop.
  • Since everybody said what they had or otherwise wanted to say , I`m closing this topic down since points have already been made and it wont serve further use .
  • Omega2k3 said:
    It was one time, I got pissed off because there were numerous posts disregarding the rules, and I've already apologized. You're overreacting by a long shot, and basically just throwing insults my way. It's not cool, and I'd appreciate if you'd please stop.

Sure thing.

Yw
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week