IRC in the Outro
  • You guys need to start telling people to join the IRC in the outro... It's dead as hell.

Tell them to join #noobtoob in slashnet.org, or swing by the web chat on the site's tabs.

PLEASE
  • Agreed and seconded
  • Agreeded, i will be back on alot soon, as soon as my motherboard decides to arrive >.< taking its sweet time.

Tobin and Yuzo need to big it up on the show I think :)
  • yeah we needz to get more ppl on its always dead
  • We can mention it, but a lot of times these sorts of things need to grow organically to really start picking up steam. I've heard from a number of people that popped in once that there are dicks in there sometimes (not naming any names), so I'm reluctant to send a bunch of people there if they're going to get a bad reception. We can't be there 24/7 to police the channel and make sure people are being cool, so if I were to start hearing less about how much people were being annoying in the channel, the more I'd want to promote it.

So yeah, if you guys want more people to head in there, then start giving people good reasons to go there and _stay_ there:

* Have big game related events like trailer announcements or shows and use it to discuss
    * Hold "episode parties" at a specific time where you all start watching the new ep together and discuss real time
    * Schedule more multiplayer gaming sessions and use IRC as a meeting point

The list goes on, but you guys get what I mean. It'll be these sorts of activities that will give people a reason to go there in the first place, and if they have a good time, then they'll come back. So be cool in there, and don't alienate people.

Yw - Also, anyone that has been in IRC where people were being dicks, send us PM's with the logs so we can break out the ban hammer.
  • Well, the only few times I was in there, a bunch of people were just name calling and being pricks to each other, and really didn't feel like the forums, where there is a certain level of intelligence and healthy discussion.

It's the main reason I haven't been back, first impressions blow ass ... I remember having private discussion within the IRC with a few member who had the same 'wtf' mindset to what was happening in the IRC in comparision to the forums.

Maybe I'll try again and see what's up.
  • If people see someone being a dick, they should do a WHOIS and use IRC to PM me the info, since I'm on all the time. (When my internet isn't exploding.)

Looking at the logs, I haven't seen anybody being an ass for at least a month, and that's as far back as I checked.

On the topic of moderation, I seem to be the only one with hop most of the time, with the exception of Kelenae, who I can only assume is in some kind of deep coma. I suggest hop'ing batmonkey, sunflower, nutta, and exmas (whenever he gets around to registering with nickserv) as they seem to be the only other really active people. Then, once you start announcing IRC in the outro, we'll have enough moderation in case we get jackasses coming in.
  • The time I'm talking about I believe it was you and some guy with a F name... about a month ago, lol.

Maybe I'll pop in later.
  • Yeah, I found it. (June 19) That was Flint being a dick, as always.
  • oh flint was always a dick lol, he was the resident fanboy but he left months ago cos yuzo and tobin didn't do any ps3 stuff
  • heheh, i remember what flawless is talking about. i'm also in the irc whenever i can be, but i've been out of town this last week, and im leaving again about a week from now :? its usually pretty quiet, but somehow when i got home people were saying it had been even worse :shock:

most of the good conversations come up when new people join with something to say. i've seen people join when there was nothing going on, leave, and then complain about how dead it was after contributing an equal amount of nothing. also, we're all gamers here. if i have access to the irc, that's a good chance i have access to games as well, so i'm probably playing something and may not respond immediately.
    just some things to consider..
  • we could actuallt do something to get ppl on the irc like yuzo suggested, you know like we all meet up on there once a week and play a game together on xbox live or psn and kel or sum 1 who has the webcam thing and is playing can stream it and the rest of the ppl can laugh at how much we suck like we did that once with gears but i do feel that mentioning it in the show would brng more ppl and if your worried about ppl beings knobs get a couple more hops to help keep the peace
  • It's stories like Flawless that make me uneasy about directing noobtoober's to the IRC. Plus, there are times where it a lot of stupid arguments go on with people yelling that I don't feel like coming back either. IRC, at the moment, isn't a welcome place like the forums currently are. If everyone can make it more pleasant and we don't hear more people complaining about jerks, then we'll definitely pimp the IRC every ep.

For now, I'd suggest to grow it organically with the events that I suggested, and I'll try and mention it next week if I remember.

Yw
  • No offense, but when you've only joined like twice in the past two weeks, I don't think you have a firm understanding about what it's like. Not to mention that we already identified the incident, it was a single occasion, and it hasn't occurred since.

If you'd like to share the other stories, I'd be happy to see them, since I looked through the logs for about half an hour skimming the past month and didn't find anything bad.
  • There are very little arguments nowadays because there are so few of us in there. Most of the time its a wasteland with comments here and there that then drum up a conversation for a while.
  • Omega2k3 said:
    No offense, but when you've only joined like twice in the past two weeks, I don't think you have a firm understanding about what it's like. Not to mention that we already identified the incident, it was a single occasion, and it hasn't occurred since.

If you'd like to share the other stories, I'd be happy to see them, since I looked through the logs for about half an hour skimming the past month and didn't find anything bad.

Offense taken. If you honestly want us to promote the IRC channel, this isn't the right way to do it. I've said my piece, and am now even _more_ reluctant to advertise the IRC channel. Good job Omega.

Yw
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week