This comunity PWNS
  • Just had to say it, i was thinking back to the one time i was on the 1up boards, and realised how good this place is. There's almost no aggro from member to member.

other than that i have very little to say; is the irc chat working, i cant connect, it just goes;
    connecting...
    Unable to connect: null
  • erm i don't use the one on the website i use Mirc, it may worth your while gettin Mirc if you wanna use the orc because the java one on te site is a lil shitty tbh
  • I think the reason the forums are so good is because most of the people who found noobtoob just happened to stumble across it. If they get featured on like the front page of YouTube or some other mainstream publicity expect idiots to come here.

Some people think that their opinions are fact which makes them extremely stubborn and they come off as nasty and stupid. If this page got featured expect tons of people to come here and leave these types of comments:

"hey tobin and yuzo, why don't you guys just make out already"

"you guys are fucking idiots how could you think that gameX is better then gameY, you guys are sto stupid"

"get a girlfriend you fucking losers"

"hey yuzo, i rope ru rav a rucky ray!"
  • Yeah, I like it here. Everyone's really good to each other compared to other Forums. Noobtoob is teh shitzzzzzor!
  • The reason i love NoobToob is because of the small population of mature people. Ive seen so many other forums ruined by little kids who think that since they curse out people or flame others, they are cool. Im already sick and tired of them on Bnet and XBL and im really glad theres non of them or non that i have noticed in this community.
  • It's only a matter of time because this will be a whole different level though. With Tobin and Yuzo you really do get the sense that they will hit it large at some point... it's going to happen, and it's scary to think these boards could be like your IGNs or your Gamespots.

I think we need to create a bunker like sub forum for original members, and people who we know can hold an intelligent forum conversation because I really would hate to think I can't come "home" for intelligent game related chatter.

... PS: Some of us better get interweb jobs if you sky rocket into super stardom, damnit!
  • keyransolo said:
    Yeah, I like it here. Everyone's really good to each other compared to other Forums. Noobtoob is teh shitzzzzzor!

I agree at least noone calls you a noob :wink: for saying something wrong :)
  • CarpeDeezNutz said:
    The reason i love NoobToob is because of the small population of mature people. Ive seen so many other forums ruined by little kids who think that since they curse out people or flame others, they are cool. Im already sick and tired of them on Bnet and XBL and im really glad theres non of them or non that i have noticed in this community.

I feel you, there's a lot of 9-12 year olds on GameTrailers sometimes who create topics like "PS3 IS THE BEST AND YOU ALL SUCK XBOT DICK!". That is NOT what I want in a community.

I don't have a X360(yet) but I hear from a lot of online friends that there are complete assholes on XBL. Especially when people get mardy because they lost at Gears of War or Halo 2.
  • Oh crap, you're going to jinx us!
  • N1ckyT said:
    Just had to say it, i was thinking back to the one time i was on the 1up boards, and realised how good this place is. There's almost no aggro from member to member.

other than that i have very little to say; is the irc chat working, i cant connect, it just goes;
    connecting...
    Unable to connect: null

Yeah 1up board = 'Ego Contest' all day long.

To answer your question about the IRC, sounds like your behind a firewall. Find the settings(different depending on what software your using) that allow websites to surpass it and enter www.noobtoob.com

That should solve the problem.
  • um..yeah. this community is the best compared to all those other assholes/fanboys on every other forum.
  • Flawless1984 said:

I think we need to create a bunker like sub forum for original members, and people who we know can hold an intelligent forum conversation because I really would hate to think I can't come "home" for intelligent game related chatter.

I totally agree. XBL is sooo annoying at times of how some kids begin cursing for no reason or they scream in the mic and dont stop JUST to annoy you. I like how noobtoob is so little yet more mature than other big ass forums. Quality not quantity :wink:

If there is a bunker for "intelligent talk", i would loove to be a part of serious game talk instead of

NO!! YOUR WRONG!!! XBOX IS BETTER THAN PS3!! ******** 10 sentences of profanity************* Yeah! I thought so!!"
  • I'm going to have to agree. Noobtoob is the first forum that I have actually came back to on a daily basis, because of the more mature/intelligent group. Let's just hope all the kiddies don't find this place.
  • I agree with all of the above. For one thing fanboys here only seem to preach their console, not insult others. The general respect given to members on the forum is much better than other sites. We can have discussions and cultural ideas. I can't think of any other gaming site encouraging readers to read a modern media culture book. Or play classic games on a regular basis (which is great value by the way).

In summary, NooBTooB is probably the best gaming community online, and it must stay like it is now in quality terms. Obviously we all want more members, and some sponsors for Tobin and Yuzo.

Edit: Should this go in site discussion? It might get more notice too.
  • Man I love noobtoob. From the podcast to the members to the site itself it's all great. I've been to so many forums (gamefaqs, IGN, Gametrailers) and I have to say this is the best one I've ever seen. And it's funny that I found this on youtube while looking for rouge galaxy videos lol. (hey the story and dialog suck but i like everything else)
  • Good point.. moved to Site Discussion.

We all love this community too, and agree with everything you guys said. Most gaming forums are vile pits of fanboyism, flaming, and general immaturity. Sure we have a fair bit of that creeping in here, but we have some great people in the community that bring it back and inject a heavy dose of quality.

We'll keep on trying to set up an infrastructure in place to keep the quality high, so be sure to let us know if you guys ever see things going in a bad direction so we can correct it sooner than later. There was a short time a few months back where things started looking bad, but once we put in the noobie system it really helped up the quality bar that you see today.

We'll keep doing stuff like that as we get bigger, count on it.

Yw
  • I hope Noobtoob stays....Noobtoob. For far too long have I seen communities on the Internet change when more and more members start to join. I don't have much to worry about though, from what I've seen the members/staff have done a good job of keeping it the way things are.
  • ye, i've only been on for a couple of days but this forum seems really good. especially when compared with some of the idiots u come across on XBL, o god... Some people on Gears just take things way too seriously and i just get some little kid with an annoying whiny voice insulting me across the internet.. urgh. wow, that became quite ranty. JUst remember all im trying to say is Noob toob FTW!
  • Yea, i completely agree
    like tobin said "xbl is like a dick magnet"
    but this site seems to have the right amount of maturity to not flame everyone and sound like complete ass.
    im new here, and i hope i can be accepted
  • Welcome to the new members who posted above, glad you like it here.
  • Hell yeah, the Noobtoob Army is the shit.

We've grown from nothing to thousands of listeners in just a year, and the forums just keep getting better and better. I think as long as we've got great members and good moderators, we're good to go. We just gotta keep an eye on it. I don't want us to ever be the unwashed cesspool that is the forums on other gaming sites.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week