Noobtoob's Greatest Games of All Time Results!
  • vowel said:
    Do it again next year and I bet at least half of those top 10 wont be on the top 10..

I agree. I think a lot of the voters didn't really put things into perspective. That's just how I feel though, and likely not the truth.
  • Sunflower said:
    [quote=vowel]Do it again next year and I bet at least half of those top 10 wont be on the top 10..

I agree. I think a lot of the voters didn't really put things into perspective. That's just how I feel though, and likely not the truth.[/quote]

Well it will be different. Every year better and better games come out, so what is in someone top 10 this year, will likely be different next year, therefore the overall top 10 will probably have some differences.
  • yeah but this is a top 10 of all time.... should be MUCH less effected by the year by year top games. Suppose games have more of an impact as you're playing them than the ones you remember.
  • HOLD THE PHONE HERE PEOPLE!

wheres little big planet!?
  • Unless something truly amazing comes along, my top 10 is not changing come next year. None of the games on there are current gen. Hell I only have three last gen games on there and the rest are even older than that. So, Jesus Fucking Christ comes down and makes a game, my top 10 probably wouldn't change.

A top 20 wouldn't be a bad idea since I left out a bunch of games that I love. But if we did top 20 then Ocarina would have twice the fucking amount of votes. I guess that would mean that some of us would be twice as pissed off. Play "Zelda: A Link to the Past" damn it.
  • Robin said:
    HOLD THE PHONE HERE PEOPLE!

In the trash where it's meant to go. :P
  • Chip said:
    [quote=Robin]HOLD THE PHONE HERE PEOPLE!

In the trash where it's meant to go. :P[/quote]

I dont think its legal to say that....

Ok lets say you dont like it, you gotta admit what they did with the physics is pretty amazing, its a step in the right direction and everything works as it would.

Lets take 2 minutes to admire it........

(Yes im a LBP Fan boy and darn proud!)
  • YOU ARE ALL INSANE!

Go Super mario!;D
    Tekken
    and PokemoN!:P
  • vowel said:
    yeah but this is a top 10 of all time.... should be MUCH less effected by the year by year top games. Suppose games have more of an impact as you're playing them than the ones you remember.

It will be LESS effected, but it will still get effected. Im sure at least one new game would creep into the top 10, if not atleast come close.
  • omg, Im looking at the raw list...

DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3?!!!

are you fucking shitting me? to think that game even got 7 votes makes me angry. I didn't get a chance to vote, but, for a next top 10 I believe there should be a set list...

The lack of Half life 2, Oblivion, and World of Warcraft (don't argue, that game changed MMOs forever) is surprising.

Fallout 3, lmao, good game and all...but really, Oblivion is like twice as good. And Mass Effect is on there? really? The dialogue was really innovative and all, but the actual gameplay sucked ass! Dragon Age should be higher up there!
  • Seanofzedead said:
    omg, Im looking at the raw list...

DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3?!!!

are you fucking shitting me? to think that game even got 7 votes makes me angry. I didn't get a chance to vote, but, for a next top 10 I believe there should be a set list...

The lack of Half life 2, Oblivion, and World of Warcraft (don't argue, that game changed MMOs forever) is surprising.

Fallout 3, lmao, good game and all...but really, Oblivion is like twice as good. And Mass Effect is on there? really? The dialogue was really innovative and all, but the actual gameplay sucked ass! Dragon Age should be higher up there!

Keep in mind the scoring system we have, this explains how Budokai 3 got 7 votes.
  • Just because a game changed a genre, doesn't mean it's the greatest game of all time, or even should be in a top 10. Other games do other things making them hard to compare and personal choice overrides any logical scoring system. "Better" in this poll is simply personal opinion, as demonstrated by your post.
  • 1. Ocarina of Time:

Yea I can see that, why not. I mean it made the Zelda franchise even more better then where its at now IMO.

If you havent played the game as of recent then please check out this awesome review by Manio. He covered pretty much everything about the game.

http://www.noobtoob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16404

2. Fallout 3

Yea I played Oblivion IV and thought it was an alright game and the same goes for Fallout 3. I played this game at a friends house and thought it was boring as fuck. Didnt peak my interest at all. But seeing how popular this game has been since my first couple weeks here on the forums I can understand why its # 2.

3. Uncharted 2

This game was incredible from beginning to end. I would actually prefer Modern Warfare 2's story mode more, even though it was short and what most people say not very enticing, then this one but what ever I have no complaints.

4. FF7

Final Fantasy VII.... What to say what to say really. I mean it was a very good game, can you honestly say this game was horrible or not at all fun. For its time, it was a fun ass game. I dont like the placement of which its at but hey its top ten right? :wink:

5. Bioshock

Great game, nothing more needs to be said.

6. Metal Gear Solid

Really really really. This game was alright right IMO. I never actually played this game when it originally came out but rather years later and I thought it was....meh. But thats just me and I understand it being on the top ten too.... I just never saw it as top ten material. :?

7. Kingdom Hearts

This game was fucking fantastic, why is it so far down is a mystery to me. I mean incorporating Disney characters with Final Fantasy characters and a dark story plot is genius. Loved it.

8. Call of Duty 4

Now me being a Call of Duty freak/Infinity Ward ass kisser of course I'm gonna say, What the Fuck? Why is this game so low, this game change the way most First Person Shooters should be. I mean great mechanics, graphics(at the time) and relatively great online(despite the fact that people call it broken) IMO. I've met some of the coolest people while playing this game and in most cases is one of the most played games ever. Why so low...dunno why so serious??

9. Mass Effect

Dunno about this game, never played it so I dont know what I'm missing so I cant really say anything about this game

10. Metal Gear Solid 3

Now this game I loved. I think this game should take the place of MGS 1. Enjoyed playing this game even though I was clueless as to what the hell was going on most of the time. I think it honestly IMO this game is the best in the series. Not sure why really because MGS 4 and MGS 2 were cool games and all but I enjoyed 3 far more for some reason.

Overall, I'm some what disappointed in the positions of some games and also disappointed that others like A Link to the Past and Super Metroid didnt make the Top Ten. Oh well I guess, maybe next time right
  • numberthirtyone said:
    I do agree there are some undeserving current gen games on the list, but did you SEE what Locke put as his #1? Sacrilege I say.

My top ten list was created over a very strenuous process and with a logical scientific method fueled by passion. I stand by it...
    Final Fantasy 10 was the best of the series for many reasons....I could have put Shining Force 2 in there because I love that game to hell, and I'm sure anyone could argue why a certain game is their favorite. We really can't argue the reasoning behind people's choices.

By looking at the results most of the games are all fairly recent games, which is fine but I wouldn't criticize anyone's list as each go off their own rating system relative to themselves. I'm surprised to see 2 MGS titles up there and no Mario games...

Thanks for the man hours Sunny for setting it up. I'm really surprised that Zelda OOT apparently holds up that well.
  • Haha, Zelda OoT got me into gaming, so I agree with that. Anything else in the top ten, or at least most of it, is abit meh. And I don't really like MW being there at all. OoT all the way baby!
  • I think this list was worth the effort. I am always curious how things like these turn out the way they do. The original thread was great to see the individual likes, dislikes and personal gaming histories of each noobtoober. I also gotta thank everyone who elaborated on their top10 lists. I love reading these little paragraphs where people rationalise their love for a game.
    I think as CRC (I think it was him) said, it would be great to see more details to the statistics, like the age profile.

The last 3 games all got the same amount of votes, so they should be on shared 8th place!

I am surprised that so many people find it surprising that OoT is up on top. Over the years I have seen many lists like this and OoT always ends up in the top3 if not in first place. I can understand that you disagree with it if you did not like the game as much, but this is an aggregate list, so ofcourse OoT is going to be up there.
    I am surprised that FF7 only made it onto 4 and that Fallout 3 is in 2nd place. THAT is surprising.

Personally, I had Mass Effect (I think my only "current gen" game, whatever the fuck that may mean) and OoT in my top10 list (with explanations as to why they were included).
    I am also fine with most of the games on the final list, except Fallout 3. I am starting to think Fallout 3 is a little overrated. It's good but certainly not #2 of all time, not by any standards.
  • MGS3 Is on the list. Therefore I am happy. Probably the most re-playable Metal Gear, especially with Subsistance's 3D camera. Though MGS4 made my fanboy heart explode over the story, that's practically all there was in that game, lol.
  • I guess I will never understand why people love MGS so much. I couldn't play more then a few hours before getting bored. Then again I was really young when I played them and they are too dated for me to play now and have the same experience other people had.

I thought Kingdom Hearts would have been ranked higher then it was. It's by far one of the best games I've ever played.
  • Plankton said:
    I think as CRC (I think it was him) said, it would be great to see more details to the statistics, like the age profile.

'twas, Dickety. 'twas.

CRC
  • No Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or Rogue Squadron 2
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
  • I wish Psychonauts was in there becuase of the quality of gameplay and the humour of tim
  • when did this happen...i missed the vote and what no vote for counterstrke: source....shame of noobtoob....shame on you
  • WTF is cod4 doing so high, and why do people hate on the mechanics of FF7? (okay, i havent played many JRPGs lately but i thought they were pretty good all they moons ago, and i thought they would be okay now)

EDIT: Budokai 3 is the best fighting game ever!
  • LinkCable said:
    WTF is cod4 doing so high

CoD4 remains to be the best CoD there is, combine that with the fact it had a lot of successful events over the past leads to a fun game with very many happy memories.
  • Yea so I just spent the last hour give or take reading this thread from the beginning and man there are a bunch of OoT haters lmao. So many people complaining about the Water Temple. Was it honestly that fucking hard lmao? The only Temple I remember being fucking hard and stupid was the Spirit Temple or that Temple in the desert.

Also saw some comments on how OoT is complete and udder shit compared to previous titles. Yea okay i'll give you that, A Link to the Past is the best in the series not including the re-done version with 4 swords. However, most people started gaming or at least getting into gaming hardcore with OoT, I know I did. Sure OoT did change the series but I feel like it kept to its nature with things like Zelda, Link, Ganondorf/Ganon, Triforce, Master Sword and so on. I would argue that Wind Waker forever change the Series with its cartoony bullshit and Child like Link i.e. Wind Waker, 4 Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Lol sorry about that Zelda rant.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week