[2009] Best Action Game
  • [center:0b6a02549a]image[/center:0b6a02549a]

Assassin's Creed II
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Assassin's Creed returns with a new adventure set in the Italian Renaissance.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Release: Aug 25, 2009

Eidos' comic book-inspired action title follows the caped crusader as he takes on the Joker and other supervillains in the titular madhouse.

inFamous
    Release: May 26, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Infamous is an open-world action adventure game in which you wield electrical superpowers in a city ravaged by violence.

Resident Evil 5
    Release: Mar 13, 2009

Chris Redfield returns and heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is transforming the people into mindless creatures.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.
  • Ehhh I had to go with Infamous. Resident Evil 5 was good but the 2-player co-op and shift further towards standard run-and-gun game with the infinite supply of ammo made the game more generic than RE4 to me. Plus I will never consider playing RE5 alone, unless it's for the mercenaries challenges which I have little interest in :oops:
  • Assassin's Creed 2 really nailed the open-world element and the parkour/platforming was fun, even if it seemed like you occasionally went somewhere you didn't want to. Combat was also better than the first one.
  • I chose Infamous as well. This game is a must-play for PS3 owners. I really enjoyed it.
  • U2 gave me a huge game boner throughout the entire thing. There was never a dull moment in that game--even with the puzzle sections.

Jam and I can agree on this bad boy.
  • I picked Uncharted 2 but it was a tough decision between that and inFAMOUS for me.
  • Infamous had more moments that annoyed me.

Batman was a little to easy.

Uncharted had the perfect balance of challenge, therefore creating a perfectly fluid experience of action and adventure like no game before it.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, I can't even begin to explain how much I love that game.
  • Uncharted 2. Raised the bar for Action games. Intense action scenes that played better than most blockbuster action movies. Drake is one tough SOB :!:
  • I choose RE5. The only reason is because I haven't played any of the others yet.
  • REALLY hard pick between U2 and AC2, but i have 2 go with U2. The entire game just blew my mind.
  • I voted inFamous here because its more of an action game than AC2 is. I love that the action never seems to stop. So much fun!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week