[2009] Best Platformer Game
  • [center:4821ddfcd0]image[/center:4821ddfcd0]

LittleBigPlanet
    Release: Release Date: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): PSP

LittleBigPlanet is both a multiplayer platformer and a community-based toolset that lets you build your own levels to share on the PlayStation Network.

LocoRoco 2
    Release: Feb 10, 2009
    Platform(s): PSP

Lead a LocoRoco to save the planet from Moja Troop.

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias
    Release: Oct 19, 2009
    Platform(s): Wii Ware

LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias is an all-new game is packed with intuitive new gameplay mechanics.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Release: Nov 15, 2009
    Platform(s): Wii

Nintendo brings a side-scrolling multiplayer Mario Bros. to the Nintendo Wii.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
    Release: Oct 27, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Insomniac's dynamic duo return to stores in a new adventure to conclude the storyline from Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty.

Splosion Man
    Release: Jul 22, 2009
    Platform(s): XBLA

'Splode yourself out of flammable situations in this action side-scroller from Twisted Pixel Games.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time is my winner. I'm 1 trophy away from Platinum on it. I really liked this game.
  • Ratchet. If there is a king of platforming besided Nintendo, it has to be Insomniac. They never fail to bring an amazing platforming experience that all can enjoy.
  • Didn't Little Big Planet come out last year? Oh well, my vote goes to Shadow Complex. I was never that big into Metroidvania style games, but Shadow Complex was way fun.
  • bongtokage64 said:
    Didn't Little Big Planet come out last year? Oh well, my vote goes to Shadow Complex. I was never that big into Metroidvania style games, but Shadow Complex was way fun.

PSP one bro
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time for me, hands down.
  • Roughly translated quote
    New Super Mario Bros 2 or wait, the first one was a sequel of Super Mario Bros 3 so it was more of a Super Mario Bros 4 so that would mean Super Mario Bros Wii would be Super Mario Bros 5 but wait, Super Mario World was 4 so this would be 6, hold on, Yosihs inland was Super Mario World 2 so than this would be 7?...oh fuck it.

Anyways my vote is Super Mario Bros 33 and a 3rd.
  • + 1 vote for Ratchet and Clank. Mario can suck the nuts :lol:
  • mcslimz said:
    Mario can suck the nuts :lol:
    ok it looks like I have to talk about this a little longer. Well no, Wii Super Mario Bros New is not the most innovative game of the year, but you can't deny it's addictiveness, it's fucking Mario for crying out loud.

You have to Amite that in terms of quality, for most people the best Mario game ever, not to mention just the best game ever was Super Mario Bros 3 so to make a sequel to it, or rather 4 sequels to it, just makes sense. Come on, ask anybody what their favourite platform-err game is and you’ll got Super Mario Bros 3 every time.

Mario is the king of platform-errs, so to say that Mario Wii Bros Super New is not the best at what made Nintendo as famous as they are now is like to say a professional chef is bad at cooking because he prepared a old receipe, sure you have it before but that doesn’t change the fact that it was great. Just take you dame cake and eat it already.

Now do you understand why Bros Super Wew Mario Nii is the best platform-err of the year?

PS: I mix the name around to make sure you would pay a tension, it worked didn’t it.
  • Ratchet and clank: CiT
  • NyxQuest

I'm surprised that Lost Winds is on here, but NyxQuest is not. I think NyxQuest is the superior game.
  • I voted for ratchet just because if I had to buy one of these games ratchet would be the one I would buy.
  • Gotta go with Ratchet, I didn't like any of the other games here except for Splosion Man, and that wasn't as good as Ratchet, so...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week