[2009] Best Graphics (Art Style)
  • [center:8797a5db03]image[/center:8797a5db03]

Borderlands
    Release: Oct 20, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Borderlands is an RPG sci-fi shooter that features four player online co-op.

MadWorld
    Release: Mar 10, 2009
    Platform(s): Wii

Being developed exclusively for the Wii, Madworld is a stylized black-and-white action game with plenty of gore, chainsaws, special fatality moves, and even mini-games.

Machinarium
    Release: Oct 16, 2009
    Platform(s): MAC, PC

Machinarium is independent adventure game developed by the makers of popular web-games Samorost and Samorost2.

Rock Band: Beatles
    Release: Sep 9, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, Wii

The Beatles: Rock Band lets players perform a variety of Beatles hits and supports up to three vocalists singing in harmony.

The Saboteur
    Release: Dec 8, 2009

Take on the role of a subversive saboteur and thwart the machinations of your foes.

Scribblenauts
    Release: Sep 15, 2009
    Platform(s): DS

Scribblenauts is a puzzle game that lets you draw from a huge collection of objects to solve over 200 levels.

Street Fighter IV
    Release: Feb 17, 2009

Ryu, Ken, and a host of others get back to doing what they do best with Capcom's Street Fighter IV.
  • I love the Borderlands style. Really, really love it.
  • I am a sad panda to not see Muramasa on this list. That was a kickass game in terms of not only gameplay, but the look of it was refreshing and simply gorgeous.
  • Borderlands! The switch to a really unique cell-shading style definitely payed off. It fits the comic-book mayhem of Pandora very well.
  • WarriorX62 said:
    Gonna have to go with Forza 3, its graphics are unmatched in any racing game

Wrong topic bro
  • I'm with InstraClassic on this one, loved the art style of Muramasa: The Demon Blade. Vanillaware needs to do a game in HD.
  • I'm going back and forth between Beatles Rock Band and Borderlands. Both have a unique art style that compliment the game mood perfectly. I LOVE the psychedelic music videos from BRB, however Borderlands cell shaded gory glory is just as appealing.

I guess Borderlands wins out for me over BRB, just by a hair, simply because you can take away the music vids in BRB and still have a game. The graphics are way more important in Borderlands.
  • Batman:Arkham Asylum
  • I had to go with The Saboteur, just the black and white areas feel so differently to the coloured areas. In the coloured areas you really feel safe and free. In the black and white areas you really feel the Nazis boot pushing down on you, you feel constantly in danger and just want to keep your head down and do what you have to, and get out.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum for me, I love the way they did Arkham.
  • Either Murusama: The Demon Blade or King of Fighters XII
    Beatles Rock Band?
  • Street Fighter 4 looks really nice in HD. Love the New style they gave us, Also the SSF2HD Remix art style was nice and refreshing... oh capcom, you crazy sons of bitches.
  • comment removed by me because of confusion
  • FullMetalGamerX said:
    um...I don't mean to be rude but where the hell is uncharted 2, that game was beautiful

It's in the best TECHNICAL graphics category. There are other games with a distinct art style ... more so than Uncharted 2.
  • wtrswoopes said:
    [quote=FullMetalGamerX]um...I don't mean to be rude but where the hell is uncharted 2, that game was beautiful

It's in the best TECHNICAL graphics category. There are other games with a distinct art style ... more so than Uncharted 2.[/quote]...Thank you, you’re a big help...a day or two ago would have been better thou. But in my deafens, realism is an art styli, but anyway. Sorry about the confusion on my part.
  • I loved Borderlands, but MadWorld was so different and hilarious, I have to go with that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week