[2009] Best Voice Acting
  • [center:68f6f6115f]image[/center:68f6f6115f]

Assassin's Creed II
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Assassin's Creed returns with a new adventure set in the Italian Renaissance.

Brutal Legend
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3

Jack Black plays a rock 'n' roll roadie in Double Fine's long-awaited follow-up to Psychonauts.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Release: Aug 25, 2009

Eidos' comic book-inspired action title follows the caped crusader as he takes on the Joker and other supervillains in the titular madhouse.

Dragon Age: Origins
    Release: Nov 3, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG based on a brand-new fantasy world.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Release: Jul 15, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC, iPhone

The Secret of Monkey Island gets a remake that features high-definition graphics and re-mastered musical score.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.
  • Uncharted 2 was arguably the best voice acting I have ever heard in a game.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Uncharted 2 was arguably the best voice acting I have ever heard in a game.

I have to agree, but I also want to say that Dragon Age was a close second. The only other game I spent time just listening to people converse and actually caring about what they had to say.
  • I haven't gotten the chance to play through Uncharted 2, as I don't have a PS3, but everyone says that it's fantastic. My vote has to go to Dragon Age: Origins. I've never seen a game convey such emotion in it's voice acting. Whenever they randomly started talking to each other, I had to stop whatever it was I was doing to listen. It was top notch.
  • Dragon Age for me. I didn't play Uncharted 2, so I couldn't say how it compares.
  • This is Arkham Asylum for me, no doubt. I mean...these are the same voices of the cartoon! Mark Hamill is just so amazing as the Joker. The delivery on so many of the lines was perfect.
  • Dragon Age: Origins, spot on voice acting!
  • Dragon Age has an amazing cast with pitch perfect voice acting...but I had to go with Monkey Island. DA was excellent, but Monkey Island managed to do something I didn't think anyone could; take what I was hearing in my head when I played the game the first time and gave it to me perfectly. That whole experience could have been ruined with bad acting, but instead it made an already great game ten times better.
  • Uncharted 2, Great actors and simple yet humorous dialogue.

Dragon age was pretty good but I didn't like how the main character never talked, he also stared off like a creep most of the time. I had a greater interest for all of the other characters :). I don't know why Bioware didn't stick with the Mass Effect's more involved dialogue and facial expressions.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves for me, I personally think that the voiceacting can rival most movies.
  • Uncharted 2. Impossible to vote ageinst it if you've played it. Possibly the best voice acting, in any game, ever. Most unforced and natural voice acting I've ever heard in a video game, very professionally done.
  • Gotta be Arkham Asylum, Mark Hamil as the Joker was brilliant

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week