[2009] Best Sound/Music
  • [center:ac1bcce4dd]image[/center:ac1bcce4dd]

Brutal Legend
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3

Jack Black plays a rock 'n' roll roadie in Double Fine's long-awaited follow-up to Psychonauts.

Dragon Age: Origins
    Release: Nov 3, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG based on a brand-new fantasy world.

Halo 3: ODST
    Release: Sep 22, 2009
    Platform(s): 360

Halo 3: ODST is a prequel campaign to its best-selling shooter, which focuses on an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper trapped behind enemy lines in New Mombasa.

Left 4 Dead 2
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC

The zombie shooter returns featuring four new survivors and five new campaigns.

MadWorld
    Release: Mar 10, 2009
    Platform(s): Wii

Being developed exclusively for the Wii, Madworld is a stylized black-and-white action game with plenty of gore, chainsaws, special fatality moves, and even mini-games.

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    Release: Jul 15, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC, iPhone

The Secret of Monkey Island gets a remake that features high-definition graphics and re-mastered musical score.
  • I think the music in assassin's creed 2 should be there, I thought that it has very good music.

Anyways Cya
    TRFS
  • I've always enjoyed Halo soundtracks, but this one goes to Dragon Age, definately. Great soundtrack.
  • I love the music in Uncharted 2 so that gets my vote.
  • Brutal Legend may have sucked, but it was my kind of music.
  • Uncharted 2. Besides FF and KH, it's one of the only tracks I care enough about to listen to on a regular basis.
  • It was really tough to choose between MadWorld and Left 4 Dead 2, but L4D2 is just way too genius. The Midnight Riders might have made that decision for me.

But I think Silent Hill: Shattered Memories deserves a nod as well.

• Dragon Age was alright, but the emo shitrock that made my ears bleed at the end credits pretty much sealed the game's coffin for sound design.

My votes going to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The legendary Hans Zimmer really crafted an epic soundtrack for an epic game. Every bit of music is spectacular and it really gets you pumped in the game.
  • As much as the epic Dragon Age music was perfect for the game, there wasn't any music I came away wanting to listen to outside the game. ODST managed to recreate an amazing Noir atmosphere with music and sound design that still makes me happy when it comes up on my Zune.
  • Brutal Legend! METAL!
  • I know that I'm giving pretty much the same answer in every poll but, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. God I love that game.
  • Cross Edge Intro alone is fantastic, but the soundtrack throughout the game is pretty solid.

[spoiler:13f0a58aa2][/spoiler:13f0a58aa2]
  • Dragon Age: Origins. I want the soundtrack.
  • Amon Tobin's music for inFamous was sexy.
  • Uncharted 2 gets my vote for 2009
    :)

I have a feeling Bioshock 2 already won my vote for 2010 :wink:
  • Going with Left 4 Dead 2 on this one. The dynamic soundtrack is just amazing and adds so much to the experience. That is what the game is about - the experience you create as you play it and it would be much different without the sound direction in our latest zombie thriller.
  • Gotta give it to Assassin's Creed 2. It has a really cool ambient soundtrack, with light guitar every once in a while. Creates a pretty cool atmosphere, similar to Mirror's Edge.
  • Assassin's Creed II

is my choice for best music/sound
  • ODST, I just loved the way they pulled off the lonely, noir feel. Plus, it was jazzy, and I love jazz music.

Loads of games have great audio as well, such as Dragon Age, but ODST gets my vote.
  • I thought the music for Uncharted was the best, but since I'm voting for stuff up there, I'll go with Brutal Legend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week