[2009] Best Story/Writing
  • [center:2f946e741d]image[/center:2f946e741d]

Assassin's Creed II
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Assassin's Creed returns with a new adventure set in the Italian Renaissance.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Release: Aug 25, 2009

Eidos' comic book-inspired action title follows the caped crusader as he takes on the Joker and other supervillains in the titular madhouse.

Dragon Age: Origins
    Release: Nov 3, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG based on a brand-new fantasy world.

Halo 3: ODST
    Release: Sep 22, 2009
    Platform(s): 360

Halo 3: ODST is a prequel campaign to its best-selling shooter, which focuses on an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper trapped behind enemy lines in New Mombasa.

inFamous
    Release: May 26, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Infamous is an open-world action adventure game in which you wield electrical superpowers in a city ravaged by violence.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.
  • i always thought rachet and clank's was solid. so my vote for rachet and clank
  • I'm going with other. Not many played it, but the story and writing in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories was REALLY good.
  • Sunflower said:
    I'm going with other. Not many played it, but the story and writing in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories was REALLY good.

I tried to rent it last night while listening to your review on the Modcast, but I couldn't find it anywhere!
  • Neither Dragon Age nor Uncharted 2 had particularly enjoyable stories. Uncharted 2 had more natural sounding dialogue, while I found Dragon Age's to be generally more interesting. AC2 was okay I guess, but nothing memorable about it. Same with inFAMOUS so far (although I haven't played much). I'll give the nod to Dragon Age, but I wouldn't mind seeing Uncharted 2 win either.
  • Uncharted 2. The story, characters, everything just pulled me in.

I would have probably nominated Dragon Age since its story has more depth, but when I look at it, it's really a "make your own story" and for me, best story/writing has to go to a story already mapped out for you.
  • I'm going to go with Dragon Age: Origins. Not for the story, but the writing was spectacular. Never have I enjoyed exploring the knowledge of a game-world as much as I did with Dragon Age.
  • Bioware is the best at story for me. My vote goes to Dragon Age
  • I went with Arkham Asylum because I haven't played a few of the other games, and the dialogue in that game (and the way it's delivered) is just REALLY awesome.
  • Dragon Age. Easy.
  • This is a no brainer, Dragon Age: Origins, the amount of backstoy to read!
  • Gotta pick Dragon Age. As much as I'm a huge Halo fangirl, I can't deny BioWare is a master of storytelling. I will continue to play ODST's firefight mode for months to come, but I play Dragon Age for the story above everything else.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves just because of the writing, in my opinion.
  • Dragon Age wins easily.. This is a pretty beefy RPG with a bunch of alternate story paths and interesting characters.

Uncharted 2 was pretty simple and effective for an action game. I loved how the whole game played out like a great movie... a well deserved second place.
  • Dragon Age, hands down.

Especially given the fact that the codex entries ALTER THEMSELVES depending on choices you make, which I thought was very cool. It's like history writing itself.
  • I am actually NOT going to vote for Dragon Age here because I found inFamous to have that comic book appeal that I rarely see in games anymore. Some great characters, and a great build up to an ending that surprised the hell out of me I think that the story definitely goes overlooked.
  • I voted for InFamous over ACII because most people never bothered to play the first and beat it so they missing some important information. I love the story in ACII but the ending is a huge mind f**k so I can imagine many people not liking it.

So I choose InFamous a original IP by suckerpunch studios the same people behind Sly Cooper games. The game story starts off generic but as it gets closer to the end it gets better and the surprised twist ending got me good.
  • Don't own a ps3 but i want one so badly after watching video after video of uncharted the story just seems to be perfect beyond belief
  • Dragon Age: Origins for me just a good solid game .
  • MODERN WARFARE 2! THAT WAS A CLASSIC STORY! Cannot believe that wasn't there for vote! it's like the best story in a game I've seen for ages!
  • DarkHairedDevil said:
    MODERN WARFARE 2! THAT WAS A CLASSIC STORY! Cannot believe that wasn't there for vote! it's like the best story in a game I've seen for ages!

Hahaha...good one....:D
    Anyways, Indiana Jones movies have always been my favourite, so I will be going with Uncharted 2, with its natural and funny dialogue, and simple yet epic story.
  • As far as writing goes, Uncharted, but for story, I want to pick Assassin's Creed. I wish there were 2 seperate categories. Uncharted's story just seemed like an endless series of "we just made it! Oh God, we're captured! Oh God, we escaped! Oh God, we're captured!" for 10 hours. But still good overall.
  • I love Dan Brown books like Da Vinci Code and Assassin's Creed 2 is an interactive Dan Brown novel. I love everything about the story and I can not wait for more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week