[2009] Best New IP
  • [center:d95c4a32fc]image[/center:d95c4a32fc]

Borderlands
    Release: Oct 20, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Borderlands is an RPG sci-fi shooter that features four player online co-op.

Demon's Souls
    Release: Oct 6, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Demon's Souls is an action RPG which pits you against the forces of The Old One as you fight to save humanity from extinction.

Dragon Age: Origins
    Release: Nov 3, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG based on a brand-new fantasy world.

inFamous
    Release: May 26, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Infamous is an open-world action adventure game in which you wield electrical superpowers in a city ravaged by violence.

Scribblenauts
    Release: Sep 15, 2009
    Platform(s): DS

Scribblenauts is a puzzle game that lets you draw from a huge collection of objects to solve over 200 levels.

Shadow Complex
    Release: Aug 19, 2009
    Platform(s): XBLA

Shadow Complex is a 2D/3D side-scrolling shooter with a focus on exploration and interactive environments available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
  • Borderlands, Dragon Age, Demon's Souls, and inFAMOUS were all very good.

But Dragon Age was the best. :D
  • Sorry inFamous, I love you, but Dragon Age deserves this spot.
  • I gotta say Borderlands. I wasn't so sure it would sell well. It was not only a new IP, but a new gameplay experience. Leveling up your skills and attributes and running around picking up the craziest weapons ever, all with the company of your close friends, is just awesome. Gearbox didn't fuck around.
  • Dragon Age. One of the best games I've ever played. Defiantly be new IP for me.
  • I love inFAMOUS but i have to give my vote to Demon's Souls
  • Even though I love 2d sidescrollers I couldn't vote for Shadow Complex, I had such a blast playing Borderlands with my friend and I wasn't expecting it to be that awesome so once again I have to vote for Borderlands (starting to see a pattern here).
  • I am madly in love with inFamous, Dragon Age AND Demon's Souls. But I know if all 3 came out with a sequel tomorrow I would be playing Demon's Souls 2 non stop until I beat it, so that's where my vote is going.
  • Borderlands has been a TON of fun to play, and I really hope they come out with a sequel or another game in that world. But Dragon Age blew me away, and given the choice between them I'd rather play in Ferelden than the Badlands!
  • inFamous for sure, wow finally one poll where I can't vote for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
  • Dragon Age. Great potential in future titles.

I can see them putting together a Completely new sequel that would be much more interesting than any of the other games mentioned here. . I guess its just harder for me to see a fresh sequel with anything that isn't heavily RPG related. I'm happy with the new ips we got this year, great voting poll !
  • What about Batman Arkham Asylum should be up there for new ip it changed everything.
  • Ok. I feel really stupid here... I've been playing games since I was about 7 or 8 years old yet I've never heard the term "new ip" when it doesn't relate to an IP address. Can someone explain so maybe I can vote? lol. I could take a guess by looking at votes and say it's a game with no prequel?
  • IP = Intellectual Property if I'm not mistaken.
  • I just got back into inFamous. God, that game is awesome.
  • Demon's Souls for me. I can't express how much that game makes me proud to be a gamer. Maybe call it my "indie" vote as it kind of goes against the grain here but I haven't had the feeling to press on in a game since I was a kid and Demon's Souls seared this into me with a hot tipped arrow.
  • it was a hard choice between InFamous and Shadow Complex but I with InFamous just because it has a better chance of winning that shadow complex
  • Demon Souls - So much hearing about this from the modcast, and not to mention playing it at my friend's house. It really changed the way I play RPG's which is good, loved the whole ideas they had with it too.
  • EmranIsDead said:
    it was a hard choice between InFamous and Shadow Complex but I with InFamous just because it has a better chance of winning that shadow complex

Ever thought of voting for what you actually prefer rather than just what seems likely to win?
  • I gotta say Borderlands. I love it when a new ip comes out and it does well, and deserves it. That game has stolen 70 hours of my life, and I will gladly give it more.
  • inFamous. I would pick Dragon Age, but that doesn't really seem like an IP to me.
  • Give me more Borderlands! Bordercountry! Borderworlds! Borderuniverse! I want it all and I want it all now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week