[2009] Most Improved Sequel
  • [center:91cccc7e37]image[/center:91cccc7e37]

Assassin's Creed II
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Assassin's Creed returns with a new adventure set in the Italian Renaissance.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Release: Nov 10, 2009

Modern Warfare 2 features an intense single-player campaign, a number of cooperative missions, and deep competitive multiplayer.

Killzone 2
    Release: Feb 27, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Killzone 2 is a sequel to the squad-based shooter from SCEA.

Left 4 Dead 2
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC

The zombie shooter returns featuring four new survivors and five new campaigns.

Street Fighter IV
    Release: Feb 17, 2009

Ryu, Ken, and a host of others get back to doing what they do best with Capcom's Street Fighter IV.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.
  • I'll pick SF4. Mostly because the first Assassin's Creed and Uncharted were good enough so that they didn't need a whole lot of changed. I've never been a huge Street FIghter fan, but I really recognized how good of a game IV was.
  • I've yet to get my hand on AC2, so I can't comment on that, BUT, I can say UC2 definately improved a lot of things. I platinumed UC2, and then went back and played UC1, and had some difficulty going back to it. They actually changed the combat, the way the camera worked, the way the characters moved, and much more. UC1 is still amazing, but playing UC2 for a month and a half, I really began to see the changes they put into it. So yeah, AC2 probably deserves the vote, but I haven't played it so UC2 gets it.
  • People who haven't played the perfect SF3 will go with SF4...I understand. Flawed as your choices may be! SF4 brought a lot to the table, but not as much as...

Killzone 2. The first was such shit. KZ2 isn't the hotness, but it's a FAR cry from the previous one.
  • Assuming that SF3 -> SF4 is the progression.

I do not however consider that the progression. The Dreamcast version of SF3 was great, but let's be honest...people never really played a quality home fighting game in quite some time.

Adon soon bitches! :D
  • Decker said:
    Assuming that SF3 -> SF4 is the progression.

I do not however consider that the progression. The Dreamcast version of SF3 was great, but let's be honest...people never really played a quality home fighting game in quite some time.

Adon soon bitches! :D

I consider it as so. Just like I don't consider Killzone: Liberation part of the KZ evolution.
  • Assassin's Creed 2. I liked Assassin's Creed 1, but by the end I just wanted it to end because it was so repetitive. AC2 lost its repetitive nature which is a HUGE improvement for me.
  • Killzone 2 for sure.
  • Street Fighter IV. As good as SF3 was, SF4 is just that much better. And once Super Street Fighter IV rolls around, that will take the crown of best Street Fighter ever!
  • Killzone 2 because I never played online on the original and the only thing Killzone 2 didn't do that I disliked was only let you play 1 person in story mode (although story mode was much better)
  • Killzone 2 for me too. I hated the first one so much I almost didn't bother with the 2nd at all. I also think Killzone 2 is a bit meh but it's waaaaay better than the first one.
  • Not really a fair vote. AC has a bigger margin to work with concidering how bollox the first game was and it nailed 90% of that margin.
  • AC2

They fixed everything bad from the first one. It's like night and day... definitely shows the a huge leap in improvement IMHO
  • Best game I played this year: Assassins Creed 2
    Worst game I got this year: Assassins Creed

What a difference.
  • Assassin's Creed 2 is LIGHTYEARS better than the first game. For sure AC2.
  • The addition of Scavenge mode, Survival, and the expanded special stuff, along with melee weapons. Left 4 Dead 2 wins my vote.
  • Have to go with AC2 because it turned haters of the first game into lovers of the second. They improved on all the complaints people had with Assassin's Creed and amped up the gameplay ten fold.
  • I'm going to have to go against the grain here and give my vote to The Sims 3.

Most of the games listed are making minor changes in comparison to this. Sims 3 dropped the "Lots" of the old game for a single, seamless open world that fully customisable, provided even more variety in what you could do, stripped away the excess crap that people didn't like, added more things to make it feel more like a game, added achievements, challenges, integrated UGC capabilities, plus tonnes more.

For the scale of the changes this is definitely one of the best improved sequels i've ever seen yet alone just for this year.
  • Assassin's Creed II it took all the good stuff and keepth while throwing all the bad stuff in a pit of fire. This game had such huge improvement over the first game that it was astonishing
  • Locke said:
    Have to go with AC2 because it turned haters of the first game into lovers of the second. They improved on all the complaints people had with Assassin's Creed and amped up the gameplay ten fold.

you are so right

for me it's a nobrainer. asssassins creed 1 was worst than piss in the ass for me and now I ended up with the platinum throphy for AC2. I could never have predicted that. While it AC2 still have it's flaws it is obviously the most improved game on the list for me.

But I most say, all those game improved from their predecessor except mw2 (i might get kill for that last one)
  • Assassin's Creed. I didn't really think that any of these other sequels needed to improve too much on the originals, but AC2 just took the piece of crap that was AC1 and turned it into everything that is awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week