[2009] Best Revival of a Franchise
  • [center:7e4cab3c85]image[/center:7e4cab3c85]

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Release: Aug 25, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Eidos' comic book-inspired action title follows the caped crusader as he takes on the Joker and other supervillains in the titular madhouse.

Ghostbusters The Video Game
    Release: Jun 16, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC, Wii, PS2, DS, PSP

Harold Ramis, Dan Akroyd, and Bill Murray reprise their famous ghost-busting roles in this game co-written by Ramis and Akroyd.

The King of Fighters XII
    Release: Jul 24, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3

The King of Fighters XII is the first KOF game in almost a decade to feature a complete visual overhaul.

Punch-Out!!
    Release: May 18, 2009
    Platform(s): Wii

Nintendo is reviving one of its most storied and popular franchises with the first new Punch-Out!! boxing game in 15 years.

Tropico 3
    Release: Oct 20, 2009
    Platform(s): XBLA, PC

Tropico returns with a third iteration of the PC franchise.
  • Haven't played the other Batman games (which is a good thing I hear), but this one makes me super excited for the newest one announced at the VGAs!
  • Batman. It has the essence of the comics all over it. Plus it brough back many of the people from the original animated series, from creators, to writers, to voice actors.
  • Street Fighter 4.
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episodes 1 - 5 , The Secret of Monkey Island SE (revoiced)

Not only a revival of a kick ass franchise but a revival of an entire Genre!
  • Serious Sam HD.
  • I haven't played any of these and can't think of any others, but I'm giving my vote to batman because I know how dreadfully horrible the older batman games are.
  • That's easy, Batman: Arkham Asylum.
  • You wanna talk about revivals? Go no further than Street Fighter IV. After around 10 years of no Street Fighter sequels, Capcom kicks us right in the ass with the awesomeness that is Street Fighter IV!
  • Voting batman. But only because I don't think I can't vote Cross Edge for reviving a good few franchises in the one go :P. It was still a stand alone game sadly
  • Street Fighter 4, lackluster options.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week