[2009] Developer Most Committed to DLC
  • [center:e54e8c652b]image[/center:e54e8c652b]

Rockstar (Grand Theft Auto IV)
    DLC: The Lost and Damned (Feb 17, 2009) and The Ballad of Gay Tony (Oct 29, 2009)
    Release: Apr 29, 2008
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Grand Theft Auto IV builds on the series' rock solid foundation with an awe inspiring recreation of Liberty City.

Criterion Games (Burnout Paradise)
    DLC: Party Pack (Feb 5, 2009), Legendary Cars (Feb 19, 2009), Toy Cars (Mar 5, 2009), Cops & Robbers (Apr 30, 2009) and Big Surf Island (June 11, 2009)
    Release: Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise gives racers an open world to drive, race and crash through.

Bethesda (Fallout 3)
    DLC: Operation: Anchorage (Jan 27, 2009), The Pitt (Mar 24, 2009), Broken Steel (May 5, 2009), Point Lookout (Jun 23, 2009) and Mothership Zeta (Aug 3, 2009)
    Release: Oct 28, 2008

Fallout 3 is a follow-up to the classic postapocalyptic role-playing series with all-new 3D graphics, new gameplay, and a brand-new story.

Epic Studios (Gears of War 2)
    DLC: Achievements (Jan 21, 2009), Snowblind Map Pack (Mar 31, 2009) and Dark Corners (Jul 28, 2009)
    Release: Nov 7, 2008
    Platform(s): 360

Marcus Fenix returns to battle the Locust horde in this sequel to Epic Games' mega-successful tactical shooter.

Valve (Team Fortress 2)
    DLC: King of the Hill (Aug 13, 2009) and many more; 18 others since May 21, 2009
    Release: Oct 9, 2007

This squad-based shooter, which features nine distinct character classes and a unique art style, is the successor to the original Team Fortress.
  • Nod goes to Bethseda who gave me some quality F3 DLC.
  • Gameshark said:
    Nod goes to Bethseda who gave me some quality F3 DLC.

Exactly what I was going to say. :D
  • You can't beat valve's FREE motherload of DLC (PC talk). New gamemodes, achievements, weapons, background (whether that be the amazing 'Meet the...' videos or the comics OR EVEN THE AWSUM HIDDEN PAGES!!! [poopy joe <3]), hats (WHAT?!?!6?), bug fixes/small additions like air blasting (:D), backpack/crafting, and more. This game is over 2 years old...thats dedication. Valve <3<br />
    Burnout doesn't even compare; wasnt free and added nothing special to make me want to play it more. nobody even plays that shit on pc too :( also...who wants to pay for cars...fuck that
  • Yeah, I went with Valve.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    [quote=Gameshark]Nod goes to Bethseda who gave me some quality F3 DLC.

Exactly what I was going to say. :D[/quote]
    Only that F3 and the DLC is buggy as fuck...
    I went with Valve :D
  • Plankton said:
    Only that F3 and the DLC is buggy as fuck...

What can I say. I'm a Bethesda whore. :(
  • I went with other. Im loving Bioware right now. They've already put out 3 DLC for Dragon Age, and have already said they have more on the way.
  • Bethesda! Broken Steel was the tits.
  • I'm gonna go with Epic for Gears 2. They delivered consistent quality and fair prices, made an effort to offer a comprehensive DLC package that still rewarded players who'd bought all the previous DLC, and everything of theirs that came out worked perfectly first time without glitches or issues.

Valve...I love you, but the instant you gave free DLC to the PC and chraged me on my 360 you lost my vote.
  • i take it you didn't count it for music games=)
  • bongtokage64 said:
    Bethesda! Broken Steel was the tits.

I second this statement!!
  • Bethesda. I can't wait to get Fallout 3: GOTY edition to play it all.
  • My vote goes to Bethesda. The amount of DLC they made available will last players longer than most games these days.
  • Easy one, Valve.

TPA
  • Although the obvious choice is with Valve and TF2 I really feel that Fallout 3 (Bethesda) stepped it up this year. They get my vote for having a solid release plan, tons of accessibility weather it be online or on disc, and they wrapped it up nicely for xmas with the GOTY edition.
    Thanks Bethesda!
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    [quote=Plankton]Only that F3 and the DLC is buggy as fuck...

What can I say. I'm a Bethesda whore. :([/quote]

I agree bethesda could be a stupid monkey and throw feces at me and I would still have my dumb smile while plating their game, most specificaly their DLC in that case

God bless Bethesda
  • I gave my vote to Bethesda because Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all time and the DLC just made it better, plus broken steel was B.A.
  • i say bethesda, they came out with so much dlc. i dont know about the quality because i didn't really play any fallout 3 dlc. :shock: :D
  • Media Molecule!
  • Harmonix. They've already surpassed 1000 songs of DLC, and they're still going. Each week another 8 or more tracks are released (usually at least) and for that, I must commend them.
  • Bethesda DLC was glitchy and annoying. We also must remember that they fucked up the Pitt pretty good and ruined a bunch of people's saves. That isn't quality to me.

Criterion gave us the best DLC ever. No glitches, endless hours of fun around the Island, additional challenges, crazy and wild new cars. I think Criterion gave us the best, despite very few people on this site giving them credit. Not many Burnout lovers around here. =\
  • Tie for me between Bethesda and Rockstar. Bethesda made more, but Rockstars were better (in my opinion.) But since this is most dedicated, I'll go with Bethesda.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week