[2009] Best New Character
  • [center:b392d44130]image[/center:b392d44130]

Alistair (Dragon's Age: Origin)
    Release: Nov 3, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Alistair is among the youngest of the Grey Wardens, recruited by Duncan less than six months before the Blight began. He was raised in Redcliffe Castle after his mother's death, then turned over to the Chantry for religious instruction, where he began the martial training necessary to become a templar, the military order of the Chantry, dedicated to watching over the Circle of Magi and hunting down dangerous apostates.

Claptrap (Borderlands)
    Release: Oct 20, 2009

Claptrap is a non-player character in Borderlands. He serves as a guide early in the game for new players. It is currently unknown if he is dating Lilith.

Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend)
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3

He is the greatest roadie of all time, but unfortunately, he works for the worst Heavy Metal band of all time, "Kabbage Boy". Eddie is an old school metalhead who dreams of the days when heavy metal was pure.

Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC

Ellis is a goofy, beer-loving smart guy that likes to work with machines. He is "extremely excited" about everything, like managing to visit a concert and kill a lot of zombies, making him more of an optimist like Louis of Left 4 Dead, but like Francis, Ellis believes himself to be indestructible.

Matt Hazard (Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard)
    Release: Feb 26, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3

Matt Hazard, a legendary video game character with over 25 years of video games to his credit, is attempting a "comeback" of sorts in a new game on next-generation consoles. In the introduction, Matt explains the history of his games, revealing that he accidentally caused his own downfall by taking his name into other genres.

Morrigan (Dragon's Age: Origin)
    Release: Nov 3, 2009

Morrigan is a Witch of the Wilds, a clan of sorceresses who, at one time, terrorized the Korcari Wilds. While her motives for joining the party are unknown as of now, Morrigan does not hide the fact that she values power over many things and is not adverse to using any tool necessary to gain the ends she does desire.
  • Morrigan! She's so attractive and smart. :D
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Morrigan! She's so attractive and smart. :D

And she's so sarcastic and witty I can't believe the things she says half the time. I just hate that when I pick the sarcastic response to her questions I end up losing approval points :evil:
  • Next year we are implementing a new rule...

No shirt, no nomination.

If she wins I hope she takes her Golden Noobie and pawns it off for a non-whorish blouse.
  • Ellis loves horses, but I picked Claptrap. (lol someone will be pissed)
  • I got to go with Ezio Auditore da Firenze (assassin's creed 2) badass of the year :).

Anyways Cya
    TRFS
  • I didn't have to think twice for this one;

[center:9b279585ff][/center:9b279585ff]

[center:9b279585ff]My vote goes to CLAP TRAP![/center:9b279585ff]
  • my vote is also for the claptrap lol very loveable
  • None of you understand the genius behind Alistair :(
  • No Ellis love? I'll love him.

The Claptrap votes mystify me. What's wrong with you people that a bunch of tin cans that repeat the same shit over and over again...is worth it? Ridiculous.

For that, I'm going to go with Sandal in DA. Enchantment? :P
  • MailToad said:
    Ellis loves horses, but I picked Claptrap. (lol someone will be pissed)

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

NO CLAPTRAP I DONT WANT TO WATCH U FUCKING DANCE STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i really hate that game now for not letting me able to kill that bastard)

I choose Saxton Hale...oh wait...

Ellis. and by Ellis I mean (*takes a shot*) BLUGGHDBLBALBDG.
  • Claptrap, just to piss off Sunny.

No, seriously. I found the little dude ADORABLE, despite the fact he could get annoying at times. I could watch him on the main menu for days at a time. Nts nts nts nts OOH! Check me out!
  • I'm more than thrilled to see Ellis as an option, he's by far my favorite character this year and is probably my third favorite EVER.

Seriously, anybody who doesn't love his stories has zero sense of humor.

I do find it strange that we have two people from Dragon Age, but no Ezio from Assasin's Creed II. Not that I would've picked him over Ellis or anything. And also? wtrswoopes is my favorite person of the day for her comment about Morrigan :D
  • Morrigan. Love this virtual babe. She's hilarious, and quite intelligent. I also love the anti-everything she has going on, it makes her seems really complex. Also, she's voiced by Claudia Black...which brings me to my number 2.

Where's Chloe Fisher? She was epic, definately my number 2 pick of this year.
  • Gameshark has a hard on for Alistair and wouldn't let me replace him with Ezio. So sorry all you Ezio fans out there (me included). Write-ins FTW!
  • I'm Dancin' I'm Dancin'!

*Beatboxin'*

+1 Claptrap. Best NPC acting ever. His animations were great too :)
  • I'll go with Alistair. That dude was really funny, and it's hard for a game (much less a fantasy RPG) to make me laugh.
  • fry-40 said:
    :evil:

Oh yeah check me out I'm dancing I'M DANCING MUHAUAHAHA
  • Bioware does a great job creating a lush back story for all their characters, so my vote was between Alistair or Morrigan. In the end I had to pick Morrigan.
  • woops i picked other instead of Morrigan
  • Morrigan, she was crazy, loved the small talk she had throughout the game with my party.
  • Oh, Morrigan, you complete me <3
  • Claptrap annoys the heck out of me. No, I will not check you out, you are NOT dancing.

Otherwise it's a pretty strong group. Ellis I left behind simply because, as awesome as his stories and one liners are, he's not a character but a series of stories and one liners. I did not play Matt Hazard so I can't comment on him. And as much as I loved DA and Claudia Black, Morrigan drove me nuts. Awesome character, one can only take so much sarcasm and snippyness.

So for me it was down to Alistair and Eddie Riggs. Both awesome characters I enjoyed finding out more about. Both funny guys with witty comments and a unique bend of humor. Both interesting stories and pasts to find out about. In the end I had to choose Alistair. I admit it might be more for the game than for any other reason...I simply spent more time with him than Eddie, and enjoyed DA a ton more than Brutal Legend. But I can't deny the appeal.

Alistair, come be my tank. :wink:
  • Enchantment?

ENCHANTMENT!

(Halrious..)

But goes to Alistair, just too funny.
  • I voted Ellis. He just makes me giggle everytime he talks about his friend Keith.

As adorable as Claptrap was, cute =/= compelling. But I do think that when Borderlands 2 comes out it should come with a plush Claptrap. That would be awesome.
  • Alistair was very good.

But Oghren was better. Seriously... the banters between him and Wynne? PRICELESS!

[spoiler:1d01afe335]Honestly, I played through this game multiple times and after a while Al really got on my nerves with his whiny "But I don't _want_ to be king!" attitude. Oghren kicks ass and takes names, all the while keeping me laughing no matter what. Even if he is dirty as all get out. Here's to staying power...even if you can smell it from miles away.[/spoiler:1d01afe335]

edit: spoiler (explanation of vote) added.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week