[2009] Best Single-Player Experience
  • [center:8b1270c22d]image[/center:8b1270c22d]

Assassin's Creed II
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Assassin's Creed returns with a new adventure set in the Italian Renaissance.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Release: Aug 25, 2009

Eidos' comic book-inspired action title follows the caped crusader as he takes on the Joker and other supervillains in the titular madhouse.

Demon's Souls
    Release: Oct 6, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Demon's Souls is an action RPG which pits you against the forces of The Old One as you fight to save humanity from extinction.

Dragon Age: Origins
    Release: Nov 3, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins is an RPG based on a brand-new fantasy world.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.
  • My vote is for infamous. the reason i bought a ps3 and couldn't stop myself from playing!
  • Easiest choice in AGES.
  • Dragon Age for me. I've poured a lot of hours into it.
  • Uncharted 2. The only game I requested work off for this year, that's how much I loved it.
  • Dragon Age: Origins, for sure. I put 70 hours into my first file alone, and that was without any DLC. Great writing, great gameplay, awesome locations, lots of fun.
  • Another vote to Dragon Age for me.
  • Dragon Age: Origins without a doubt, so many hours spent in Ferelden.
  • Another Dragon Age vote here...for all the reasons anyone can imagine.
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves triumphs once again for me.
  • Dragon Age, can't put it down... It's a game I've been playing all day, unintentionally. I play it for 8+ hours and think I've only played it for 3. Been a long long time since this has happend.
  • I'm going to go with Batman on this one for a couple of reasons:
    1) Haven't played enough Dragon Age, Ass Creed 2 or Uncharted 2
    2) Demon's Souls isn't technically a single player experience for me - I love the passive online.

Good work Batman, you win this round by a technicality
  • Easily Uncharted 2. Batman was good though, and I haven't played AC2 yet.
  • Had to go with Batman not that i am a batman fan but that i could not stop playing batman and uncharted made me very frustrated at times and made me put down the controller to take a break
  • uncharted 2 hands down that games was insanely good
  • How the hell is inFAMOUS not on this list?
  • I don't understand why Demon's Souls is up here. How can endless "F*** I DIED!!!" be considered awesome?
  • Any surprise here? Assassin's Creed II is the best single player experience for me. Lock yourself away in your house for a weekend and just embrace everything this game has to offer.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week