[2009] Best Competitive Experience
  • [center:e1d5de9fbb]image[/center:e1d5de9fbb]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Release: Nov 10, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Modern Warfare 2 features an intense single-player campaign, a number of cooperative missions, and deep competitive multiplayer.

Killzone 2
    Release: Feb 27, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Killzone 2 is a sequel to the squad-based shooter from SCEA.

Left 4 Dead 2
    Release: Nov 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PC

The zombie shooter returns featuring four new survivors and five new campaigns.

Street Fighter IV
    Release: Feb 17, 2009
    Platform(s): 360, PS3, PC

Ryu, Ken, and a host of others get back to doing what they do best with Capcom's Street Fighter IV.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Release: Oct 13, 2009
    Platform(s): PS3

Nathan Drake returns for some more tomb raiding in the sequel to Naughty Dog and Sony's 2007 archeological action adventure hit.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
    Release: Feb 18, 2009
    Platform(s): PC

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II is the full sequel to 2004's bloodthirsty sci-fi real-time strategy game, set in the Warhammer 40K universe.
  • You know, I am tempted to say Demon's Souls because of the PvP, but it's such a minor part of the game. Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends cured my DotA ache though, so I say those.
  • SF4. No contest. Remember the Dojo? Remember the Ladder? Yeah. SF4. Amazing.
  • Also; I would have loved to have given this to Tekken 6. But the netcode was so bad. :(
  • I want to point 3 things out.

1)Not that big on FPS

2)Not that big on fighting games

3)Never played Dawn of War

Therefore, Uncharted 2 gets the win from me.
  • This one goes to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for sure. Playing multiplayer with your bros is too much fun. Competing for better scores, higher KDR's (2.24! In your face ZanderStar!), and higher killstreaks is awesome. I think I've wasted too much of my life on the game, but kicking ass every time you log on is addictive. Excuse me, I have the urge to go shoot some Russians.
    :P
  • For me once again, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves takes this one.
  • Killzone 2 no doubt, with the built in online ladder of clan battles and the amazing clan system for setting up clan wars. Overall just an astounding online experience.
  • Easy choice, Street Fighter 4. Damn me and my buddies would be drinking and talking **** all night playing this game. I remember I even thrown down a Honda stomp in the living room after a close game at about 3:30a.m. Woke up half my family and kept drinking... :lol:
  • CoD:MW2 - as much as it pains me to vote for it for anything (never liked the cod series after #2 and this wasn't an exception).. This was the only game I played multiplayer that made me stand up, throw down my controller and shout "HAVE IT BITCH!" after [finally killing a certain bastard that had been tormenting me for about 30 minutes or so. No other game has made me do anything like that this year.
  • I'm surprised more people haven't voted in this category. I voted for L4D2!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week