Noobies, what are they and how do i get them
  • Subject says it all, i cant give anyone noobies until i get them so how dose that happen.

also do i give them away to someone else or can i just make them out of nothing once i have them.

if i can make them out of nothing will someone give me 1 so i can praise good posts lol
  • Here's what the wiki says about Noobies;

Noobie System

Noobies are our way of rewarding people who contribute to the NooBTooB community. They are a counter that appears under your name next to every post you make, and we feel act as a much better reputation system than the usual post-counter used in other forums. On the whole Noobies are awarded for good posts (see below), but in special circumstances the moderators will award noobies for other reasons, such as in contests.

Noobies only serve as a numerical measure of respect currently. Eventually we will tie special ranks to certain noobie levels, and also have leaderboards.

Only members that have been awarded a noobie can give noobies to other users. This prevents some abuse situations. Noobies are awarded simply by clicking the "Good Post" icon that appears beneath every post. This will open a window that allows you to make a comment on why you awarded the noobie, which is optional but recommended. Click the submit button to confirm and award the noobie. Note that by awarding a noobie, you don't lose one from your own tally. Your noobie counter will never go down except under very special circumstances.

Examples of Good Posts

* A 'good point, well made'
    * Essays and extended posts that are well written and presented
    * Something someone has made and posted, such as a picture or video

Use your own judgment. Noobies should be used to encourage other members to contribute good threads.

Rules

* Only award one noobie per good post
    * No trading noobies, or awarding noobies just because someone gave you one
    * No noobie spamming. You are limited to awarding 1 noobie per minute, and you should only award noobies for posts that truly deserve them
    * Threads specifically asking for noobies will be locked and warnings issued. They should be earned and never asked for.

I can't say any more then that. Hope you receive plentiful noobies in your time here. :D
  • I was wondering something else, how come some people have like half a noobie or 0,8 a noobie how does that happen???
  • logicalmayhem said:
    Subject says it all, i cant give anyone noobies until i get them so how dose that happen.

also do i give them away to someone else or can i just make them out of nothing once i have them.

if i can make them out of nothing will someone give me 1 so i can praise good posts lol

Well, Chip posted the rules.

Most people get noobies from making user generated content. Noobies are occasionally given for posts that are helpful, well worded, and thought provoking.

You can always click on the noobies hyperlink on the crossbar to see the noobie history of the site. This will show you the specific posts that people are getting recognized for.
  • Every time you give a noobie, a kitten is favourited on youtube.
  • so noone will give me 1 so i can rate other peoples good posts?
  • You have to deserve one.
    Its in the rules.
  • yay someone likes me XD

well i geus im officially part of the community now lol
  • Lol i got one too
  • welcome to the party :P
  • yenatrocris said:
    I was wondering something else, how come some people have like half a noobie or 0,8 a noobie how does that happen???

The Mods used to be able to give 1.1 noobies for something they felt deserved a little more then a noobie. This was scrapped but people still remain with decimal noobies.
  • Chip said:
    [quote=yenatrocris]I was wondering something else, how come some people have like half a noobie or 0,8 a noobie how does that happen???

The Mods used to be able to give 1.1 noobies for something they felt deserved a little more then a noobie. This was scrapped but people still remain with decimal noobies.[/quote]

Well thanks chipI was really curious about that so great help
  • This thread helped alot was wondering that myself.
  • Aah, now I see... I was like what's a Noobie and then I wanted to give a Noobie and couldn't. Tried the search for 'whats a Noobie?' but 'the search came out with no post for this topic. Browsing through the forum I stumbled upon this topic. Thanks to logicalmayhem for the question and chip for the answer. Thank you. ^^

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week