Noobtoob HQ OK?
  • I know it wasn't a big one, but still you guys all right? Anything broken, or anyone injured? Hope your all right and good luck getting life back to normal.

Oh yeah if you don't know they had an earthquake in San Fran somewhere between 4.0 and 5.0 I'll let them give the exact details of it as I am sure they have the right info.
  • That would be a weird coincidence if either Tobin or Yuzo suffered from a natural disaster today. My house was flooded this afternoon!

Luckily, it's only affected three rooms and we managed to save the furniture and the electronics. It's just really annoying that only three days ago the last of the workmen left from finishing off the kitchen, which was being redone after we were flooded last August. The precautions we took since then prevented a repeat, but obviously we need to take further steps.

You can see my video-blog of the event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p7ItKrfCd0
  • Earthquakes fucking rule. They happened quite often in Alaska, and they never seemed to cause damage. I think the worst that I, personally, was in was a 5.3, the epicenter actually being right next to my then-current school.
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    That would be a weird coincidence if either Tobin or Yuzo suffered from a natural disaster today. My house was flooded this afternoon!

Luckily, it's only affected three rooms and we managed to save the furniture and the electronics. It's just really annoying that only three days ago the last of the workmen left from finishing off the kitchen, which was being redone after we were flooded last August. The precautions we took since then prevented a repeat, but obviously we need to take further steps.

You can see my video-blog of the event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p7ItKrfCd0

dude your families house is really sweet lookin, man your neighborhood looks like it is really nice too, anyway bummer about the flood hope all goes well
  • Jam Enslaver said:

OMG. That _sucks_ man. Especially due to it being the second time. If the flood guards don't work, what are your other options? Do you have to dig all the earth around your house to make a hill or something? My condolences..

I didn't even feel the earthquake -- I think it happened around 4-5am or so I must've slept right through it. I think it was centered around Berkeley which is across the bay so not really too much happening here from what I've heard.

Yw
  • We're going to try getting the rooms waterproofed. They were supposed to already be, but obviously not good enough. My parents figure that if we treat the rooms that were affected like a basement it should do the trick. It's going to mean a lot more work, right after we thought we'd done with having the house re-done.
  • Jam Enslaver said:

Whoa.

Thats the first video blog that I've actually completely sat through.

You have an awesome room dammit. I wish I had shelves like yours. Instead, all the shelving is in the closet which defeats the purpose of displaying stuff. =/ And your dog! OMFG. Labrador! I want one of those soooo much but don't have the time for it. =/ I want a yellow one though.

That was a really cool video. Life on the other side of the planet. o_O

Goodluck with the flooding. Australia has lot of draughts.

Also think you should upgrade your computer. It beeped when you started it up. Beeped.
  • Sloth said:
    Also think you should upgrade your computer. It beeped when you started it up. Beeped.

Hey, it's a pretty new computer. Don't hate it just because it likes to tell me when I've turned it on :).

And thanks for the comments about the video blog. It was the first one I made, as I've only had the camera for a couple of months now. I thought that using it would be better than writing about it for something like a flood.
  • LOL, i imagine if tobin woke up cos of it, he'd be like "oh fuck you right in the pooper stupid random earthquakes!"
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    We're going to try getting the rooms waterproofed. They were supposed to already be, but obviously not good enough. My parents figure that if we treat the rooms that were affected like a basement it should do the trick. It's going to mean a lot more work, right after we thought we'd done with having the house re-done.

Ugh, that's unfortunate. Basically you have to do a whole bunch of work and wait till it rains again to see if it worked. Painful iteration cycle, that.

You totally need to get those cool chicken legs installed on your house like this chick..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga

Yw
  • MuddyV1 said:
    LOL, i imagine if tobin woke up cos of it, he'd be like "oh fuck you right in the pooper stupid random earthquakes!"

Actually that's why it was so small.

It started up, and I was sleeping with a beer in my hand, and I woke up and threated to rape its mom if it didn't shut the fuck up.

Then the earthquake went away.

Don't mess with sleeping Tobin.
  • When did Maddox start posting under Tobin?
  • Best site on the internet?
  • Gameshark said:
    When did Maddox start posting under Tobin?

I just gave you a noobie for your sig.

Awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week