Eat Lead, The Shit or Is Shit.
  • I started this whole thing a while ago and I just want a good idea on how many people like Eat Lead and who doesn't.

Cast your vote today.

If you know me Eat Lead is the shit.
  • Eat Lead is awesome. It's the funniest game I've played since Portal.
  • Isn't it interesting how the word "shit" can have paradoxically different meanings based on how it's used?

Sorry for getting off-topic, never played the game.
  • Eat Lead is one of the worst games I've ever played!! While it was funny (sometimes), the writing couldn't save this piece of shit they call a game.

:arrow: Some of the worst AI I've ever seen.
    :arrow: The game looks like an Xbox game (not Xbox360).
    :arrow: Textures were bland.
    :arrow: Glitches galore!!
    I had to restart the game at least 3 times before I beat it because the game failed to trigger a door to let me progress or I clipped through a box or stairs and couldn't get out.
    :arrow: You can shoot through walls!!!!
    In gears if you're at an angle where you can see the enemy in your sites but you're behind a wall, your bullets would hit the wall, because in third person it gives the illusion that you're able to shoot your target. In this game no matter what is in front of you so long as your reticule is on an enemy it will shoot him (even though your bullets should hit the wall you're behind). This made the game super fucking easy whenever you could take cover.
    :arrow: Level design was lazy and just pissed me off.
    :arrow: Boss battles had very unclear objectives.
    :arrow: The shotgun couldn't kill a fly if it was 2 inches away.
    :arrow: The animation is shit.
    [spoiler:91039b332f][/spoiler:91039b332f]
    :arrow: Music was forgettable.
    :arrow: Voice acting was laughable.
    :arrow: Story (while sometimes funny) was mediocre but was told through very poor cutscenes.

I could keep going but it's just making me angry thinking about it.

Stay far far away from this game!! There's a reason why this game was a budget title.

For those that like this game please explain why (other than it made you laugh)? Because you're fucking crazy if you think this game is the shit!!

BTW...I've been trying to sell this game for the last 2 months and no one will buy it...I wonder why.
  • After months and months I've finally played this game at a friends house. Wow, I played for maybe an half hour and gave the controller back to my friend and just watch him played. I hated it plain and simple. And Veri7as covered pretty much all the points I felt while watching my friend play. This game is horrible
  • Neither. I enjoyed playing through it for sure but I doubt I'd ever bother going through it again. I'd never say it's the shit but it also doesn't give me an aneurysm either. I'll cast my vote as "Indifferent".

After playing through Conflict: Denied Ops I have a whole new understanding of how shit a game can be.

P.S. Why is this in "Site Discussion"? :lol:
  • To explain more why I liked the game. Some people just don't like shooters. I being one of them. I can't stand games like Gears of War. I absolutely hate everything about that game except for how badly my friend and I made fun of it while trying to play through it. If I see a guy, I pull the trigger, I shoot them, even if it's through a wall.. yeah it's not realistic but if I wanted realistic then I'd go gun down everyone in a mall somewhere. I like simple. It took out the gray/brown worlds, the 'complex' enemys who pretty much just bum rush me over and over or bore me to death after my 50th game of "Peak-a-boo I shoot you, in the head, 10 times all ready." The game was just silly.. The AI was retarded but at least I rarely found myself playing peak a boo or getting my ass raped over and over again because I suck at shooters. The levels were linear but I'm an RPG lover too the core.. Following a line isn't a game killer for me. Hell, sometimes too much freedom is a game killer (like with Far Cry 2). I think this game was so funny to me was because my girlfriend sat next to me as I was playing and Eat Lead is kinda like a bad B movie. If you watch it alone then it's just a bad movie but if you watch it with friends then it can crack you up laughing. The whole game gave me a constantly changing nostalgia of game's I grew up on. I don't need great voice overs, breath taking graphics, or even award winning game play for me to enjoy a game. Granted this is not my favorite game of all time, far from, and I'll never be able to give it a second play through but for what it is (a video game version of "this is Spinal Tap) I enjoyed it. It was something different, silly, and seemed to be made for people like me (people who suck at shooters). I hope they plan to make more Matt Hazard games because I will be first in line to pick them up... as a rental.
  • Strife315 said:
    To explain more why I liked the game. Some people just don't like shooters. I being one of them. I can't stand games like Gears of War. I absolutely hate everything about that game except for how badly my friend and I made fun of it while trying to play through it. If I see a guy, I pull the trigger, I shoot them, even if it's through a wall.. yeah it's not realistic but if I wanted realistic then I'd go gun down everyone in a mall somewhere. I like simple. It took out the gray/brown worlds, the 'complex' enemys who pretty much just bum rush me over and over or bore me to death after my 50th game of "Peak-a-boo I shoot you, in the head, 10 times all ready." The game was just silly.. The AI was retarded but at least I rarely found myself playing peak a boo or getting my ass raped over and over again because I suck at shooters. The levels were linear but I'm an RPG lover too the core.. Following a line isn't a game killer for me. Hell, sometimes too much freedom is a game killer (like with Far Cry 2). I think this game was so funny to me was because my girlfriend sat next to me as I was playing and Eat Lead is kinda like a bad B movie. If you watch it alone then it's just a bad movie but if you watch it with friends then it can crack you up laughing. The whole game gave me a constantly changing nostalgia of game's I grew up on. I don't need great voice overs, breath taking graphics, or even award winning game play for me to enjoy a game. Granted this is not my favorite game of all time, far from, and I'll never be able to give it a second play through but for what it is (a video game version of "this is Spinal Tap) I enjoyed it. It was something different, silly, and seemed to be made for people like me (people who suck at shooters). I hope they plan to make more Matt Hazard games because I will be first in line to pick them up... as a rental.

So what you're saying is the game sucks ass but you had fun...having fun throwing shit at your friends may be fun but you're still playing with shit.

Though it was funny at times, I could barely stomach playing through the levels. I'm not sure how a shitty shooter is for people that suck at shooters. And I'm not sure you realized that this game was actually hard as fuck...it was very unforgiving (mainly because of the shooting mechanics and the shit for weapons they give you). It was hard for the wrong reasons.

I don't need a perfect game to have fun with it either, but shit you've got to admit that this game is horrible!! If you take out some of the funny lines, would you still play it? NO
  • It's all about personal experiences with the games. Eat Lead never glitched on me, but Wolverine did every time I booted it up. I seem to have been the only person to experience it and thus my hatred for that game.

I really enjoyed Eat Lead. Is it worth $60...no. But IMO, its a solid rental or someone who likes an average shooter or funny writing that hits home with an old-school gamer.

Eat Lead is the shit.
  • Dr Flibble said:
    P.S. Why is this in "Site Discussion"? :lol:

Because a lot of people have called in to the main podcast about if the game is good or not.

And my thought is that since it was talk about on the show, it should be on site discussion.
  • GoodEnoughForMe said:
    Isn't it interesting how the word "shit" can have paradoxically different meanings based on how it's used?

Consider "Fuck" or go watch the history of it on youtube. now there's a word with many uses. Also I just wanna point out that in book/movie/videogame reviews the minority is usually composed of those with "higher tastes" while the majority is usually the unwashed masses :D I leave it to you to decide which is tobin and which is yuzo
  • Just posting to say Eat Lead is the shit. :D
  • I enjoyed playing through this game once. At times the game made me mad and I would never play through it again on a harder difficulty, but I still had a good time.

-Dagnod
  • I just want to say that I know that most people do not care for this game and I can see their reasons why humor factor aside, however, I personally loved this game. The reason why is anyone that knows me knows that I suck at a shooter. Hell I could not even make it past the training mission on gears. Hell for that matter I did not even make it 5 minutes into the game before I died and I was so frustrated that I still will not play that game again. Eat lead I feel is made for someone more like me. Someone that doesn't have that much experience in playing shooters. Even tho I was not able to beat the game and had to play a few of the levels a few times to get past it I did not feel as if the game was out of reach for my skill set on that kind of a game. The controls were easy to use and the game was fun and the humor in the game was great. this is a shooter that I would not only buy myself when I have the money for it instead of renting it but I would even let my kids play this game. Anyone on here that really knows me and reads this is thinking to them self right now wow... there is a shooter that she will let her son play did I hear that right.

Anyway I will admit that this game is not for everyone but at the same time Gears, Cod, Halo and all those other shooters are not for everyone either. There has to be a starting point for some people so that we can work our way upto that level of a shooter. If you can not see the value of the game for that aspect alone then I am sorry. Its the first shooter that I have ever played that I enjoyed and has made me want to play some of the other shooters that I said I would not play because they are not my style of a game.

(and yes for those you you that are wondering I did die more than 3 times on the first level... see I suck) :wink:
  • kinda like a ironic shooter i see what you mean, i think this could be a new genre not ironic shooters but ironic/satire games. so theres eat lead and conkers bad fur day (i dont know if that counts, cus that played alright), brutal legend but thats more gratifying metal's stupid awesomeness, no one lives forever (its the same thing like brutal legend but for spy movies instead of metal).

theres gota be more
  • The game is worth the play through for the writing alone. It's not going to win any awards for gameplay but it does not bother me that much. Fun writing and harmless / mindless gameplay makes me say THUMBS UP!
  • eat lead is the funniest game ive ever played and that saves it from the gameplay

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week