Noobtoob Modcast Episode 088 - The Modcast Sells Out

Welcome to the Modcast. This week!

--.Zombie 2.5
    --The World Ends With You
    --Crackdown revisited
    --Heroes of Might and Magic 5
    --Much more

Doesn't sound like much, but you'll see the light.

Pickle Playa:

Direct Download:
    http://media.libsyn.com/media/noobtoobmodcast/NooBTooB_Modcast_Episode_088.mp3
  • good episode guys and i think sunny broke all of our concentrations once again :P

Ive just been playing blue dragon and just got all 1000 points in it, took me a good 100 hours and i have to say it was quite a good game, it wasnt nearly as good as Lost Odyssey sadly but the mechanics are good even if the voice acting is horrible

i also put in ODST for a bit but unfortunately i havnt had much of a chance to play firefight, every time i try any form of co-op its lags so much its like playing at half speed and then everybody bitches heh.

Apart from that i also started and completed Cablea's Alaskan adventures and my god im not exaggerating in saying that it is the worst game i have ever played, the controls are broken, the graphic are shit and the game is glitchyer than superman returns, and i should know i 1000/1000 that pile of crap too. so AVOID AT ALL COSTS. that is all

anyway im off to whore some more achievements on eternal sonata.
  • Guess the game...even though I didn't play it much...is it Comix Zone?

Sounds like something from the Genesis era...
  • Decker said:
    Guess the game...even though I didn't play it much...is it Comix Zone?

Sounds like something from the Genesis era...

Sorry sir! Incorrect!
  • Another good episode, VS was great but you missed so many, did anyone even say zombie?

What you guys been playing
    I keep hearing about the world ends with you, i need to pick this one up and i probably will over the Christmas holiday.

From the mail bag i came up with this question:
    What was the earliest game where you played a horde style multi player?

For me it was when i played warcraft 3, a few of the custom games were hero based where you fought off waves of enemies and levelled up.
  • Nice sig Steve! :D You put joy in my heart.

And yes, Zombies were mentioned. It was in the whole "Vanilla Zombies vs Chocolate Zombies" part.
  • Sunflower said:
    Zombies were mentioned. It was in the whole "Vanilla Zombies vs Chocolate Zombies" part.

what about the zombies from resident evil 1, 2 & 3?
    All the enemys from RE5 are hard to name i would probably only get uroburos from that.
  • steve121234 said:
    [quote=Sunflower]Zombies were mentioned. It was in the whole "Vanilla Zombies vs Chocolate Zombies" part.

what about the zombies from resident evil 1, 2 & 3?
    All the enemys from RE5 are hard to name i would probably only get uroburos from that.[/quote]

Those are the ones we're talking about, vanilla zombies. :P Unless you're throwing around T, G, Progenitor viruses.
  • Come play Dungeon Fighter Online, it is grand.
  • Great episode as always. And I wouldn't mind hearing a movie review every once and a while if you've got something to say. Some of my favorite moments of the show are when you guys go on the tangents and make offhand jokes about your real lives, and other things that don't pertain to gaming.
  • Crimson said:
    Great episode as always. And I wouldn't mind hearing a movie review every once and a while if you've got something to say. Some of my favorite moments of the show are when you guys go on the tangents and make offhand jokes about your real lives, and other things that don't pertain to gaming.

I am going to throw this in Jam's face SO hard! Thank you for your opinion :D
  • Thanks for answering my question guys. I'm really glad to hear that I tied with Littleg with the damn good question.

What You Guys Been Playingz
    The World Ends With You
    -----------------------------------
    This game sounds really great. I've been contemplating picking this up but I haven't been happy with a DS RPG as of yet. Hopefully this can help.

What I've Been Playing
    Halo 3:ODST
    --------------------
    Really loving this game. I'm really glad I bought this, I haven't been dissapointed yet. The music, and Firefight is a really great aspect to the game.

I really think the music really makes you feel alone. Thumbs up to Marty for making some great music.

Digimon World:DS
    ----------------------------
    This game is not as good as the PS1 version of the game. I couldn't stand Digimon World 3 and this seems to take a lot from that game. Hopefully I can get a little more into this.

Either way, another great show guys. Can't wait till next week ;) I
  • What'chu Guys Been Playins

Persona 4: I seem to be the only person on this forum who likes P4 more then P3. Maybe because I played P4 first but still. I find the story in P4 more compelling then the P3 one, not to mention Yukikio is way hotter than Yukari.

Katamari Forever: I downloaded the demo. I will get to it sooner or later.

Animal Crossing: I may have to try this. A friend of mine had it way back but to this day I'm not sure what this game is about. I will look into it more.

What I Guys Been Playins

-Oblivion: I popped this in and was enjoying it until I realized I made a major mistake. I decided to be a good guy. What a misstep. I first realized this when I was walking in the vacant hills and saw a lone farmhouse. It was pitch black with rain pouring down and all I wanted to do was break in that house and kill whoever was in there. These are probably feelings I should explain to my therapist but instead I restarted as a bad guy and am almost at that point. I can't wait!

-Fallout 3: I booted this back up in hops of finishing Broken Steel and making my way to point lookout but my experience was plagued with a ton of glitches and shitty gameplay. I tried to power through it but it is going to take some time. I'm not sure why it's buggy all of a sudden but I will not let it stop me...it will slow me down though.

-Uncharted: Back before my PS3 crashed in June, I had bought Uncharted and was enjoying working my way through it. At about chapter 17 of 22 my hard drive crashed and my memory was whipped along with all of my progress. Now with the sequel right around the corner I tossed the disc in and killed it in 2 days. Great game, bring on the second.

VS.

I remember a good string of near 20 shows where Locke lost every time yet here he is on an insane streak. Welcome to crazy world.

Vis or Vat

Duke Nukem or Commander Keen: Duke Nukem
    Devil Survivor or Persona: Devil Survivor DS
    Assassins Creed Flags: Not Fun
    Piplup or Turdwig: Turdwig
    Water Based Summon: Leviathan
    Jam or Locke: Ahem...

News

L4D Expansion: I bought this for my 360. It was only $7 and I don't mind. I've played through a few times with NTers and have gotten $7 worth of fun out of it already.

Movie?: Yes, I would like to hear about movies. I will not be let down if I don't hear about them. I tune in to hear the opinions of you three whether that be games, movies or food. I mean people enjoy Vis or Vat and that is essentially your opinions on random things, some game related or not.

Co-op on rise?: Yes off coarse. Fire Fight is very fun and so is Horde and Survival. It is a nice addition to any game.

Games as Movies: Most video games translated into movies suck because games are meant to cover so much ground. Think of a short game being 5-6 hours. That's an incredibly long movie. Not to mention quality is so much more important in a movie. Think of Half Life 2. Amazing game. Tell me the plot of the movie though. You can't. While the story may not be bad it doesn't carry enough wait to stand on it's own without magnificent gameplay. You cannot compare interactive media. It's like watching a football game and playing a season of football.

Congrats to Jam and his videos getting on Retroware TV. Don't forget the little people when you're famous. Great Show. You guys never phone it in, which is great. Keep it going forever, and good luck with Modcast plays minus famous Jam. Magenta for Modcast 2010!
  • Wha'chu guyz been playinz

The world ends with you -
    I got this game and really enjoyed it. But I can only play the bottom screen because I die when I play with the top screen :cry: .

Persona -
    I hear that a persona game is coming out on the psp. I saw it up on Play-Asia. I haven't played any of the Persona series but may pick this up if it is any good.

What i've been playinz

Sims 3 -
    I just picked this up yesterday. EA online is having a sale so I bought the download. It is originally 49.99 but it was 39.99. I am loving it so far.

Orange Box (ps3) -
    Love this game! It is a great buy! I found it at wal-mart for 19.99.

Saints Row 2 (xbox 360) -
    Its a great sandbox game with lots to do. I personally like it more than GTA 4. (Puts on flame retardant clothing :lol: ).

Bowsers inside story -
    I like this game but it has parts that have really irritated me.

VS -

I only have one comment about the versus. I hardly think that "vagina bat with a scorpion tail" is vague :lol: .

News

Sunny I would like short little comments on movies you have seen that you liked or hated. As long as you don't go off on a 30 minute tangent.
  • Thanks for listening, masterjeff - I too had trouble with TWEWY in the beginning, but learning how to play top and bottom DOES pay off, bigtime. It's worth the struggle.

Sims 3 is excellent for $39. I still really enjoy the game, and I think a lot of other people would too if they'd just give it a chance. :)

Also, Saints Row 2 is better than GTA4. Not The Lost and the Damned though!
  • Let's just say that you will have to play with the top screen at least a little it if you have an hope of making it past any of the later bosses. They will take the AI out quick.
  • Hello Guys, Great show as always.

What You Have Been Playing:
    Heroes 5 sounds great, I love the others and would really love to play 5 if I had a decent computer.
    Crackdown is a game I should really pick up I have heard mostly good things and really want to try it out.

What I Have Been Playing:
    nothing... except a hour maybe of Call of duty 5 (Nazi Zombies), lots of homework this week (and next)

Mailbag:
    I think developers are having more trouble making more original games, however I hope that natal and motion control will (eventually) allow for some really awesome new unique games. (after they are done making crap mini game collections of course)

I think the survival modes are on the rise. I <3 survival modes because since my friend isn't as good as I am at most games (because he comes to my house to play and doesn't own them) multiplayer isn't really fair, and he gets frustrated after a little while. Survival lets you and a friend get better without all the competition and frustration, and plus you always strive to perfect your skills to do better in the survival where in multiplayer you could be put against people of random skill. My favorite of these modes so far has to be for sure COD5 nazi zombies. I have played that 10 times longer then the actual game, and would buy a game that was just 10 levels of that for full price 60$. Horde just seemed to get boring since after you get good weapons you jsut sit tight and defend. Nazi zombies rewards you for doing well with new guns, perks, and random shit like teleporters and traps. These things are what bring me back and keep me from getting bored after 2 rounds. As for the first time I have ever seen this mode in a game, the xbox original Metal Arms which I think you can download on xbl had a mode where robots would infinitly re-spawn and attack you, it was fun at the time, but didn't really have rounds or levels.<br />
    I like collectors editions, but only the ones that are 10-15$ more, not over twice the price of the game. However if I wanted a huge collectors edition it would be Bioshock 2 where the case was a life size bouncer drill and contained plastic eve and hp hypos and a creepy rabbit party mask.

On video games and movies, I think some themes or stories would fit well in both, but not as the same story, like what sunflower said, same world, but different story, hopefully a good story.

can't wait till next week, bye Mannimarco

EDIT: Oh, and about movies, I think it would be cool to just say "I saw blah movie it was good" or "I saw blah movie it sucked" like this or that but whether you liked the movie or not.
  • Considering all the talk of coop and horde modes, and even more specifically Trine being boosted by Locke and then dropped when it was mentioned to have no online coop; I was wondering why you good men had not at least noodled around with the free beta on Uncharted 2? It has 3 man coop, INCLUDING a horde/plunder mode for 3 guys. It even rewards reviving a bud with topped off health for both, 3 guys moving in a squad are much tougher. We are still a week out from the release, why not give it a whirl while it is free and before the single player removes Jam from the face of the Earth for a week? The party system even works. Seriously, you have to take a look.

Signed,

Insufferable Uncharted 2 fanboy

PS: Do you think Chloe would like me?
  • What have I been playing:

Eternal Sonata: Purchased it from my local Microplay. Around 9 hours in...horrible voice acting/dialogue choices. Very japanese with extremely 1 dimensional characters. Really seems like a childs game to me, but I enjoy the combat greatly. The reason Super Mario RPG was awesome was because the most annoying part people find in some RPG's is the combat, and it makes the most repetitive portion a lot more involved and strategic. Timing is fun. You don't have to time everything perfect or even well at all, but when you do it gives you a sense of accompishment and you always want to do better. It hurts to take 3x the damage on an attack when you knew the timing and should have blocked it what you could. You learn enemies attacks and when you should block. I'm at around chapter 3 I think. Even though combat is fun I try to avoid all combat when I can instead of grinding, which is very non-traditional for me when it comes to an RPG.

Half-Life 2: Finally getting the backlog back onto the fire and enjoying it quite a bit. One of the previous modcasts mentioned the game and it got into my mind as to which should be the the latest Game Club Game. Progressing and enjoying it quite a bit, but I haven't really found myself caring at all about the story as much as I should. The beginning I stood around and listened to the speeches, but lately I've found it's just...go from rally point A -> go to point B. Really looking forward to when it gets back to the whole point of everything. Should be soon I think.
  • Manio said:

Digimon World:DS
    ----------------------------
    This game is not as good as the PS1 version of the game. I couldn't stand Digimon World 3 and this seems to take a lot from that game. Hopefully I can get a little more into this.
    I

am i the only person who thinks Digimon World 3 was the best of the three. (I ONLY OWN 1 & 3)
    Now i just remembered i can't find 3... ='(
  • Sunflower said:
    [quote=Crimson]Great episode as always. And I wouldn't mind hearing a movie review every once and a while if you've got something to say. Some of my favorite moments of the show are when you guys go on the tangents and make offhand jokes about your real lives, and other things that don't pertain to gaming.

I am going to throw this in Jam's face SO hard! Thank you for your opinion :D[/quote]

I'm gonna back up my brother in burgundy here - the tangents and comedy is where your personalities come to the fore, which is always fun.

Movie reviews? Go for your life - it's your show, do what feels good.

Good to hear Charles doing a good solid interrupt this week, he hasn't interrupted that well for ages! Top notch stuff, eh Charles?

I've been playing the bejeezus out of COD4 multiplayer on PS3 - I'm finding my reaction time is not quite good enough for the running around the corner kills, but lag could be an issue here. I'm finding I don't have any Aussie friends who are playing this at the mo. I love thos claymores though.

I've also been popping in FIFA 09 and Tiger Woods 09 (both PS3) for some multiplayer action. I've played very little single player FIFA so I didn't even get a shot on goal in my last 2 games. :(

What else? I'm struggling to get into Bioshock, Half Life 2 ep 2 and Lost Planet (PS3) and a replay of Baldur's Gate (PC). Really want to play and finish these games but can't get motivated when a quick COD4 fix is on offer. Also I'm really tired with the looking after baby / work / game / sleep routine that my life has become, and COD4 takes less mental energy.

The Uncharted 2 beta was a massive disaster. So laggy I dropped out of every match. Keen to play with some Aussies or near neighbours (anyone out there?) to see if that changes anything.

Still haven't played Arcanum.

CRC
  • I just wanna voice my support for Jam.
    I am against the idea of film reviews too. Yes, it is your show and I wont stop listening even if you put it in, but I see a problem with it.
    I don't think any useful discussion will come out of this when the 2 co-hosts haven't seen the film, unless you spoil the shit out of the story to explain every detail. I just don't think it fits the format of the show.
    You do not want to end up like the Giant Bombcast with 2 1/2 hours of pointless drivel. No, the modcast is intelligent and condensed, even with the long running time of 1 1/2 hours. Film reviews would just dilute the experience.

The only exception are nerdy films, sort of like Tron or The King of Kong. Those fit the overall theme of the show.
  • Plankton said:
    I just wanna voice my support for Jam.
    I am against the idea of film reviews too.

The only exception are nerdy films, sort of like Tron or The King of Kong. Those fit the overall theme of the show.

I would be against film reviews also, but what I was getting at was that I wouldn't mind if someone saw a good movie over the weekend and said a quick 30 second or minute thing on the movie, and either recommended it or said to stay away. It doesn't happen all the time, but if one of the three see a movie that they feel compelled to tell their co-hosts about on the podcasts, then I say they should have at it.
  • Great show. To be honest my first. Also another first is I've spent some time with you guys in IRC.

On the subject of movies, it kinda gives a personal touch to hear an opinion on other things. Something other than gaming that we all have in common. It is a gaming podcast so I understand, but it breaks it up a bit gives the listeners a break for a second.

I found a program to sync my G1 with itunes so I can't wait for the next episode. Lots of time to kill on my graveyard shifts. I have also downloaded the previous episodes. Does it only go back so far on the episodes?

I'm loving those tweets about animal crossing Jam, keep 'em coming.
  • the_one_b said:
    Great show. To be honest my first. Also another first is I've spent some time with you guys in IRC.

On the subject of movies, it kinda gives a personal touch to hear an opinion on other things. Something other than gaming that we all have in common. It is a gaming podcast so I understand, but it breaks it up a bit gives the listeners a break for a second.

I found a program to sync my G1 with itunes so I can't wait for the next episode. Lots of time to kill on my graveyard shifts. I have also downloaded the previous episodes. Does it only go back so far on the episodes?

I'm loving those tweets about animal crossing Jam, keep 'em coming.

Good having you listen - itunes should dig all the way back to episode 1, it's all on there. There's a lot to listen to, if you've got time to kill.
  • Sunflower said:

Good having you listen - itunes should dig all the way back to episode 1, it's all on there. There's a lot to listen to, if you've got time to kill.

iTunes doesn't go all the way back to 1 for me, and there's a few episodes on your blogspot that don't even work - 1 being one of them. :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week